Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/ Franco Kernal

Default Nexus One 1.4 years later...

Phil had mentioned on the Podcast that his Nexus one was getting "A little long in the tooth." What does everyone else think about their N1 after over a year of ownership? Is it a little long in the tooth (in anyway you want to define/quantify that)? Memory, power button, etc. Me personally using an un- rooted N1 I am sick of the lack of app storage space, and my power button is getting suspect. I still LOVE my N1.

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I share your sentiments on storage and power button exactly. Otherwise it still does everything I need and I am not willing to sacrifice latest stock builds for anything else yet. That said, if I was on TMo I would definitely have had Nexus S since release. Currently still hoping to hold out for the next Nexus vs the ATT Nexus S now available.

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

I've had my nexus for 11 months now, and I still think its one of the best Android phones available. The only thing that has bugged me pretty much since day one has been lack of internal storage. It was partially addressed with Apps2SD, but not completely since updates like maps take up to 10MB and can't be moved to the SD card. Also battery life is lacking, but livable.

The size, functionality and build quality are pretty much a perfect mix. It's technology, so I'm adjusting my opinion of the device to compensate for time, the CPU is getting a little old. I was originally planning on getting a Nexus S when it first came out, but wasn't impressed. If an updated Nexus One (CPU, graphics, storage, NFC, battery, same size) is released I will jump on it.

I finally rooted my phone last week, and the improvements are worth it. The only thing I regret is putting it off for so long.

BTW, I haven't heard the podcast, whats the problem with the power button?

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Some people have problems where the power button quits working. Mine seems to be getting a little soft (less clicky) so there is some concern it might break.

The other problem I forgot to mention is the low call volume in earpiece that seems to affect many N1s. I don't have many calls so I deal with it and use speakerphone if it is the environment is too noisy (sometimes hold the phone backwards to my ear with speakerphone). I know this can be fixed with Cyanogen Mod, but I like complete stock and don't want to have to get everything set up the way I like again.

I think I can be satisfied with N1 for about 6 more months. I am hoping for a qHD or better Nexus.

Lock screen widget + widget locker + quick boot = never have to touch the power button

I still think it is one of the best phones I have ever had (and I've had every blackberry and almost every htc phone on tmo) and I will keep it even though I don't use it as much as I used to.

I am having the problem with the volume as well, its not too bad, but its definitely noticable when I switch back from nexus s to nexus one.

Global Posts
    4,266 Global Posts

I have had my Nexus One since January 2010 and it's still a great device. I can't seem to let it go even though I now have an Atrix. N1 plus Cyanogen 7 make it a more functional device than my Atrix. Lack of app space is a big downer but with App2SD that problem is fixed. I frequently use it and find myself loving it more and more.

since nexus came out and i bought one, still havent even though of a replacement since this g2x. nexus s plus samsung.nah. nexus one running ginger 2.3.4 is still amazing. but now im thinkn bout dual core and front facer. thats about it. nexus one is still grandaddy/king. damn htc for not making the nexus two.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

I had to get my original ATT N1 that I purchased in may of '10 replaced a few months ago under warranty for the device locking up and unresponsive touch screen. This one has been pretty good. No major issues with the screen or buttons. My main gripe is the internal storage. I have to watch what I install to keep it from giving me a low storage warning.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1

I've had the phone since the second day after the launch and its still damn good. I haven't rooted and it still feels fast even especially after I installed Launcher Pro a while ago. The lack of internal storage space sucks but I believe that the Nexus S has only 1GB dedicated to internal so at some point that phone's also going to be filled up. The N1 can still compete with a lot of brand new Android phones but the lack of internal storage and an FFC are starting to catch up to it. The trackball on my device has discolored also but I guess thats my own fault. I sent the phone to HTC immediately when the power button began to fail and hopefully it will last me until the next Nexus phone comes out. The Nexus S just does not cut it for me. On a side note, anyone else notice how the N1 is one of the few supported devices for the Netflix app? This is an awesome phone, and I can't wait for the next one.
    Siemens CF62T> Samsung T329 Stripe Black> MyTouch 3G Black (Android 1.6 Donut)> Blackberry Bold 9700 (5.0.0.330)> Samsung T219 Brown (backup crap dumbphone)> Google/HTC Nexus One (CM7.2)> Google/LG Nexus 4 (Android 4.2.2)

The nexus one is by far my favorite phone. I never knew what I was missing.

Lack of storage? Sure, but it's never been more than an annoyance.

Through no fault of my own, I've got two... Fast updates (sorta) and easy root, which I think is something I've gotta try now.

We'll see how I feel when the next nexus phone comes along, but until then N1 or bust!

ROM
    AOKP M3!

Still loving this phone. By far the best phone I've ever owned. The hackability, CyanogenMod, trackball/notification, and Hulu/NetFlix/compatibility galore set this device above many of the others.
    Last edited by dflores; 06-27-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen 6.1

if my younger brother wasn't using it, i would have been using the nexus one as my daily phone. some time after i gave it to him, it suffered the power button issue, so i have to install apps like quick boot to make up for it.
    VCL

My Nexus One keeps me very happy, tried all the new phones coming out and still use my Nexus as my every day phone. As far as memory space is concerned, rooted mine, partitioned my sd card to ext 3, installed Links2SD and that app works great. I have over 75 apps downloaded and still have 155mb of free space left. That is great, never received a low memory warning.
    Vinny

ROM
    Stock Jellybean, CM9

I still love my N1. I have had it for about 11 months and finally decided to root it. I now have a rooted N1 running Cyanogenmod. It is great and I don't have to worry about internal storage because cyanogenmod allows you to move appstosd. I have over a 100 apps installed and still have 100 MB free. I will continue to use it until the next Nexus comes out and see if that is worth the upgrade. I don't think Nexus S was much of an improvement and wasn't worth upgrading to.

I'm just waiting for the HTC Sensation to go on sale off contract - less than 3 weeks to go.

Still love my N1, looking forward to HTC's next Nexus.

still love it always will

ROM
    Stock

I loved my nexus 1 and still do. The issue I faced with mine is that it seemed to get really laggy. It seemed like the processor was getting really bogged down. I never rooted it, but loved the fact that it was an unlocked carrier phone. I purchased mine when it was first introduced to at&t. I also loved how it was the first phone to always get the updates. Awesome phone but I had to retire it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Got it when it first came out, and still very happy overall. Yes, internal storage limit is a pain sometimes, but I certainly haven't seen anything that is a sufficient improvement to make me give up free native tethering.

I have loved my N1 since I got it, but it felt like it was time to upgrade. I went with the G2x.
    Banned

Nexus forever

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Default Re: Nexus One 1.4 years later...

I sold my N1 several months ago and upgraded to a Mytouch 4g which is almost better in every way...except for the trackball/led. I loved the trackball light on the N1. It was big and bright and flashed every color so I knew exactly what to expect, either a missed call or a text or new email. The mytouch has a very tiny led that I can barely see and it only flashes green. It sucks.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

I've debated about selling my N1. I'm the type that like to hold on to my old electronic devices. I still have my old Palm T|C. The battery is shot, but it's still in good shape besides that.

I've had my N1 for a year now and I still love it.
    the 1 GHz Hummingbird processor is awesome, but the 16GB of internal memory is a bit limiting for today' standards. I especially like to watching videos - they are fast and very fluid! Much better than some of the phones I have been checking out recently.
    The phone is still quite competitive and usable - glad I bought it!
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by BillKx View Post
    I've had my N1 for a year now and I still love it.
    the 1 GHz Hummingbird processor is awesome, but the 16GB of internal memory is a bit limiting for today' standards. I especially like to watching videos - they are fast and very fluid! Much better than some of the phones I have been checking out recently.
    The phone is still quite competitive and usable - glad I bought it!
    Cheers.
    Ummm. I believe you are confused with the nexus s and nexus one

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast