iPhone 3Gs Sim Card in Nexus One?

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Will my Sim Card in my iPhone 3GS work in a Nexus One with me getting charged for a swap fee? Is there anything special I need to do?

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the response about the iPhone Sim Card, but can you tell me how the true battery life is on the Nexus vs iPhone.

Anything else you don't like about the Nexus vs iPhone?

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
Yea. Normal use for me is pretty heavy. I use my phones for business. Starting at 6 am checking the news and forums etc,etc. By 7 it all business with emails calls, browser searching. The iPhone would last to about 2-3. Nexus running stock ROM would last to about 3:30-5. Now, I'm running modaco a15 and I put my spare battery in at 1-2. I only run them down to about 10 %. The custom ROM seems to take a little more battery most likely from sense. It's worth it for me as I like the aesthetics of sense and I have a spare battery. I don't have any red feeds updating on either phone, only email and weather sync. Hope that helps.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Yea. Normal use for me is pretty heavy. I use my phones for business. Starting at 6 am checking the news and forums etc,etc. By 7 it all business with emails calls, browser searching. The iPhone would last to about 2-3. Nexus running stock ROM would last to about 3:30-5. Now, I'm running modaco a15 and I put my spare battery in at 1-2. I only run them down to about 10 %. The custom ROM seems to take a little more battery most likely from sense. It's worth it for me as I like the aesthetics of sense and I have a spare battery. I don't have any red feeds updating on either phone, only email and weather sync. Hope that helps.

Something to keep in mind, running 3G over EDGE will use a bit more battery but it should not make a huge impact.

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Moto, I am a phone Junkie. Have had the Droid and back to the iPhone in the last 6 months. How about the good and bad the iPhone vs Nexus? I had a Droid, but I didn't like the bulky size. I need something that fit in my front pocket like the iPhone. Do you miss the iPhone?

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I appreciate the response about the iPhone Sim Card, but can you tell me how the true battery life is on the Nexus vs iPhone.

Anything else you don't like about the Nexus vs iPhone?

Battery life is slightly better than iPhone in my experience, but since its a high res full screen phone, heavy use will warrant a second charge by evening (or early afternoon if you hit it hard).

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Battery life is slightly better than iPhone in my experience, but since its a high res full screen phone, heavy use will warrant a second charge by evening (or early afternoon if you hit it hard).

The screen resolution has nothing to do with battery life. In fact the screen on the Nexus One is supposed to be better on battery life than a LCD that's in the iPhone.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
For those that have an iPhone and an AT&T N1, how does the reception compare?
Does the N1 drop calls like the iPhone? How about signal strength?
Comments appreciated.

jeversion1

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
ok well. I have actually still been using my nexus one more often than i would my iphone but thats because its new. When i first got my iphone i used it non stop as well. The battery is better. This is my second nexus and this battery is a way better performer than the other one. I think its because this time i actually charged the battery all the way before i actually even set it up and used it. As for signal...Its better than my iphone just because it doesnt drop calls. This is the att version that im talking about. The t-mobile version was horrible anytime i went inside most buildings lol. The main differences to me are...i dont have a billion apps stored on it (mainly because of limitation but also because there arent as many quality apps that i prefer) the screen is unusuable outside unless you put on full brightness. finally using doubletwist as my syncing solution is just not as good as itunes and the iphone are together.

now if you are looking for the pluses. I can listen to pandora/last fm without having to stay on the page of the app. The screen is awesome (im a graphic designer so i love high resolution) its thinner, the battery last longer. The typing is just as good as the iphone and you get the option of selecting multiple words instead of it just guessing...or talking to it instead if you must) The multiple homescreens saves me alot of time from flicking open apps and closing them and etc when i have widgets running and such. I can take a picture at night if i forgot my real camera. The intergration with things such as facebook where i can click on a contacts picture and have the option to see what i can do with that person such as use google maps, or facebook etc is the greatest.

But my favorite thing that i wish every phone had..."send calls from this person directly to voicemail" Never knew it came in so much handy until i just broke up lol. (evil i know...sorry)

Overall. My iphone will be staying in its box until the new software comes out and even at that i would probably opt to purchase the newest iteration.

jeversion1

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
actually. i didnt state that correctly. I would probably purchase the newest iphone at that time because the hardware would probably be up to par with the nexus one with things such as high res screen, battery life, camera, whatever else they come up with.

justinkmunger

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Make sure to call AT&T to change your IMEI on file!!!

Hello to all,

I just found out a really sweet piece of news about the Nexus One on AT&T. I called AT&T late last week to make sure that taking the SIM card out of my 3G S and putting it in the Nexus One wouldn't mess up my data plan. They informed me that I would need to change the data plan to match the device.

I've checked out their unlimited data plans for different devices and they all looked to be the same price, but labeled to be device-specific (like BlackBerry Personal, iPhone, etc), so I figured it was the same deal, just something for accounting purposes or whatever. When I asked the sales rep if I could just switch the SIM card back and forth between devices, he said I would not be able to because the iPhone plan is a different price than for the Nexus One. I immediately thought I was gonna get socked for extra $$$, until I heard him say,

"The unlimited data plan on the Nexus One is $15/month"

:-O REALLY?!??! :-O

I said, "For unlimited for the entire month?? Are you sure? REALLY?!?!?!" He said, "Yes, only $15." :)

WOW, what a nice way to be stunned!

So unless you REALLY need to be able to switch the SIMs between the iPhone and Nexus One, call AT&T and give them your IMEI for the Nexus One and start enjoying $15 extra a month in your pocket!

Hope this helps out!

Justin

KCphotog

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Hello to all,

I just found out a really sweet piece of news about the Nexus One on AT&T. I called AT&T late last week to make sure that taking the SIM card out of my 3G S and putting it in the Nexus One wouldn't mess up my data plan. They informed me that I would need to change the data plan to match the device.

I've checked out their unlimited data plans for different devices and they all looked to be the same price, but labeled to be device-specific (like BlackBerry Personal, iPhone, etc), so I figured it was the same deal, just something for accounting purposes or whatever. When I asked the sales rep if I could just switch the SIM card back and forth between devices, he said I would not be able to because the iPhone plan is a different price than for the Nexus One. I immediately thought I was gonna get socked for extra $$$, until I heard him say,

"The unlimited data plan on the Nexus One is $15/month"

:-O REALLY?!??! :-O

I said, "For unlimited for the entire month?? Are you sure? REALLY?!?!?!" He said, "Yes, only $15." :)

WOW, what a nice way to be stunned!

So unless you REALLY need to be able to switch the SIMs between the iPhone and Nexus One, call AT&T and give them your IMEI for the Nexus One and start enjoying $15 extra a month in your pocket!

Hope this helps out!

Justin

Sounds like you got one of the few reps that don't know what the phone is. The data plan should be the same price but they have you on the dumb phone pricing. Its a way around the system. Been doing it with Nokia phones for a long time with them. I always tell them its an old flip phone and play dumb to get the 15 dollar data.:D

justinkmunger

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you got one of the few reps that don't know what the phone is. The data plan should be the same price but they have you on the dumb phone pricing. Its a way around the system. Been doing it with Nokia phones for a long time with them. I always tell them its an old flip phone and play dumb to get the 15 dollar data.:D

Ahh, OK, well, works for me. I brought the subject up also at a corporate AT&T store here in town and they told me that was the price as well, so there must really be some confusion about the phone at AT&T. I won't complain if they think the Nexus One is a dumb phone :)

Justin

Stephman

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, sounds interesting. I'd LOVE to save some money on my data plan.
Can anyone else confirm this $15 data plan for the Nexus One on AT&T?

Thanks

KCphotog

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I used to use mainly unlocked phones on AT&T after my 3GS. When you have a phone that does not come from their inventory they are not sure what it is according to their system. You can then be put on the cheaper data and just tell them its an old candy bar phone or flip phone. Just pull a number for a edge phone off the net.
They also have the unlimited data and text for 30 now for the non smartphones which saves you 20 bucks a month. Just call it in since a visit to the store will usually land you the higher price.
It was nice using the N and E series Nokias on the cheap plans running 3.5G.:D

justinkmunger

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I used to use mainly unlocked phones on AT&T after my 3GS. When you have a phone that does not come from their inventory they are not sure what it is according to their system.

Wow, interesting, so an IMEI doesn't contain any information about what the device is? It's just purely a serial number without any device association?

Justin

jscholz22

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Can you put the sim card into a BB that is set up for the $15 Nexus One data plan? I am considering switching back and forth.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Can you put the sim card into a BB that is set up for the $15 Nexus One data plan? I am considering switching back and forth.

You can, but your data service / email service will not work correctly. You can use a BB data plan on another device like the N1, but not the other way around. At least not if you want BB email since it is tied directly to either a BIS or BES plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs