Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

Default Car Dock?

One thing I really miss about my iPhone 3GS was the TomTom car dock. I know there is a rumored official Car Dock in the wings, but what are you using now?

I tried search for "car" in the forums but the word was too short.

Thanks!

You should try this one: PB-A01+BKTIP: Swivel Air Vent Mount for Google Nexus One, it is very cheap at Amazon.com. I bought it a few weeks ago and I can say that I am very happy with it. I only use it to hold my phone for navigation purposes, I already had a micro USB charger, and my car has a built-in bluetooth system, so I didn't need the actual Google car dock. If you are like me, and don't feel like spending that much money for a car accessory, this could be the solution. Just one last comment, this is not a perfect fit, so the phone is a little bit loose, and you can not put it in landscape.

I got the Google Car Dock the other day and love it. It is very solid with an extra speaker and while docked it also charges the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RBasil View Post
    One thing I really miss about my iPhone 3GS was the TomTom car dock. I know there is a rumored official Car Dock in the wings, but what are you using now?

Thanks!
    Here's mine, mounted in my 2010 Prius.

picasaweb.google.com/jwhite.hv/ProclipNexusOneCarDock

It is very solid with an extra speaker
    I'm in a CAR, why would I need a speaker? A line-out would've made the dock perfect. As it is, it's useless.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,266 Global Posts

Give this a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by RBasil View Post

Thanks!