Could this real or is it a scam?

undefined

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I even managed to type the name of the thread wrong.. great! Hope you read on..

So today I was searching for a Nexus One on ebay.. and came across this great (price wise) ad,.. saw 10 were sold and when i refreshed i saw 15 sold.. I thougt that's strange..

I somehow convinced myself to buy it and went throught with it.. via paypal (i bought it..).

I only went throught the ad to make sure it's not a copy / clone.. Info looked legit and seller has a good feeback (although he did not sell a lot, to say the least)..

The only other concerning thing is the price..

So take a look at it.. and tell me how good are my chances to actually get this in a few weeks time (real deal, original Google Nexus One i mean..)?

Here's the ad:
HTC Google Nexus One on eBay (end time 19-Mar-10 18:02:40 GMT)

undefined

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
@bones10: I'm starting to feel the same way (few hours after pressing "buy now" though..)

@evilp8ntballer7: i think your "semi legit" is the most positive answer i've got today (asked a few other people as well.. ).. And it usually takes 4-6 weeks to get stuff from Hong Kong to me (Europe).

@Yahma: i guess the info was copied from GSMArena.. HTC Google Nexus One - Full phone specifications

Hypoteticaly if me and 19 other people who bought it.. get screwed (item doesn't arrive / item is not as described).. PayPal shouldn't have too much difficulties figuring out it's a scam, right?

evilp8ntballer7#AC

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
about the paypal thing...well yes in theory, but I've heard paypal isn't as good about that as they say, I use them all the time but never had to report and issue or not receiving an item. Im trying to figure out what the circle is in the top right of the smaller picture and see if the person took it from somewhere else.

undefined

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I hope reporting "won't be needed"..

I've noticed that thing too and can't figure what could it be.

As for the other items go they are all right. Each item should be in a little plastic bag (but these were just placed so for taking a photo i would guess.. Also, it's not sure if the photo is the actual item),.. except for the phone and case..

undefined

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Man, you're good. True detective skills :) Thank you. I'm doing that right now!

"the Nikon lens cap was just for size comparison" :)

Quick info: i've managed to contact the actual seller (via ebay) and he is responding to all of my questions. It's not much but at least he's responding..

Last edited:

undefined

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
The owner of that picture did not buy from the same seller..

Today i got "Important Message from eBay Loss Prevention Department" ..

carlsbl

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
eBay Loss Prevention Department???

The owner of that picture did not buy from the same seller..

Today i got "Important Message from eBay Loss Prevention Department" ..

I was in the market for an N1 over the weekend so naturally this 401 dollar Nexus caught my attention. What bothered me was that he sold 72 of them in 3 auctions over 2 days. $401 times 72 is almost $29,000 dollars to a dude with a feedback of 13 in Hong Kong no less. He said the phone would work on either T-mo or AT&T and we all know that is not possible. My wife talked me into reporting him to eBay's fraud dept. So.....what did the fine folks at Loss Prevention have to say to you? Did they prevent your loss? Please say yes. :eek:

undefined

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
@carlsbl: as you've read in my first post, I have bought the item (paid for it). I have opened a dispute - > claim on PayPal due to the email eBay sent me.

@evilp8ntballer7: yes the listing is gone, so that's not a good sign. A seller told me yesterday (he will send me the item -> tuesday), no matter "the problems" he's having with ebay. He said some buyers reported him, cause "of the low price".

At this point I just care about getting my money back, and if 20 people got scamed through ebay -> PayPal, i think we should be getting our money back without too much hassle, right?

Anyone with similar experience?

undefined

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, the seller told me he sent the item yesterday / today and even gave me the tracking number .. Who knows what might be in that package (if i ever get it) :(

undefined

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Quick update: Just got an email from PayPal saying they've decided in my favor. They said I should get the money in 5 business days.

Will report back once it's completed. Fingers crossed :)

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Haha interesting story. Can't wait to hear if you get the package or not. Can someone say "FREE NEXUS" if the dude was legit.