The screen outside CAN'T be this bad for everyone using an N1.

thezo

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
well my storm, ipod touch and G37 onboard lcd screen are all almost impossible to read when direct sunlight is hitting them.

I guess my question is. Can I use this phone outside?

just outside on a regular day. preferably with one hand (meaning no shade hand)

sd_bber

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I used mine on a bright sunny day in Disneyland all day yesterday with no problems. I live in sunny san Diego and am outside alot, but with the brightness about 20% up I have no problem seeing the screen outside, unless of course you tilt the phone directly into the sun.

ap3604

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Clarivue anti-glare screen protectors and I would have to recommend them. I like the way the screen looks with them on and they function as a great way to prevent oil fingerprints.

I can see great outside and I hardly ever have to wipe the screen anymore.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
It's not the best, but I was able to read.

Honestly, I'm glad I didn't base my purchase on the eyes of those who find it to be horrible. The sun was out and as I was walking to the building, the phone was in direct sunlight. It wasn't perfect, but I was able to type a text without much of a problem. I don't expect any phone to be perfect in direct sunlight.

PS. I have eagle-eyes ;)

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Clarivue anti-glare screen protectors and I would have to recommend them. I like the way the screen looks with them on and they function as a great way to prevent oil fingerprints.

I can see great outside and I hardly ever have to wipe the screen anymore.

Where did you get this?

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com
I think my brightness is just fine - I have no problems whatsoever reading my phone outside.

I just use the toggle widget to toggle it up to the highest brightness level (actually, whatever the highest level is on the toggle - I don't know if that's full maximum brightness or not) and to me, it looks just as bright and vivid as it does on the lowest brightness inside. To me, at least. Now, I can definitely have problems seeing if I forget to toggle the brightness, but as soon as I do, it's just fine. In fact, it's more than fine, it's still beautiful!

usmcdroid0311

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I think my brightness is just fine - I have no problems whatsoever reading my phone outside.

I just use the toggle widget to toggle it up to the highest brightness level (actually, whatever the highest level is on the toggle - I don't know if that's full maximum brightness or not) and to me, it looks just as bright and vivid as it does on the lowest brightness inside. To me, at least. Now, I can definitely have problems seeing if I forget to toggle the brightness, but as soon as I do, it's just fine. In fact, it's more than fine, it's still beautiful!

I have the same experience outside. Depends on the day; overcast low/medium brightness works perfect. Sunny days gotta toggle to the brightest and good to go.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I have some screen protectors on the way from NuShield - supposed to be anti-reflective... will give it a shot... got nothing to lose, as the performance of the Nexus screen in bright daylight is bad... very bad...

EEZ123#AC

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I used mine yesterday in very bright sunshine. I had the screen set to autobrightness and I could see it just fine as long as the sun was not directly on it. If I held it straight out in front of me I could see it just fine. No it is not as good as my iPhone, but it is workable.

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
With full brightness i can see it fine, yeah it eats the battery but i just use the widget for quick brightness changing, i think they have glare reducing screen protectors you can buy too maybe you can try that

veldargk

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Typing this on my n1 on my walk into work and I'm fine. It's blue skies and sunny outside @ 10 AM. Yes brightness is full but this is the price we pay for beautiful AMOLED.

Jim