N1update troubles! help!

lionger

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello, recently got a brand new HTC Nexus one and its currently sitting at 2.2. I tried manually getting the files to get it to 2.2.1 but i can't seem to find the files? I have a 404 error from this site which supposedly has it: http://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRG83-from-FRF91.c8847c98.zip

I also tried, system update OTA and it says " Your system is currently up to date" when it clearly isn't.

I have also tried to manually update the phone with higher versions but i can't seem to get it to work. I get a verification error.

Moreover, I do not want to root/hack my phone.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Does it has a valid sim card? If so try *#*#2432546#*#* to force the phone to check for the latest updates. I don't have a link to the 2.2.1 update, but the XDA forum might have it...

vv1500

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem. I have tried all of the above as well. I am not adversed to rooting the phone. Will rooting the phone get me the update? If I root it will all of the updates be forth coming? I am pretty sure that my N1 is unlocked. Thanks in advance.

P.S. The phone is amazing with or without the update.