Nexus One Must Have Accesories

miracLe

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I`m getting a Nexus One no matter what. I just wanted to know what are the must have accessories, like cases, screen protectors, and such? Anyone know which screen protectors are good?

So far:
Desktop dock
Pro Clip

Last edited:

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a car mount from proclipusa.com. Best on the market in my opinion. They offer both vehicle specific mounts and device specific holders. I prefer this solution over a window suction cup mount. Better visability and more secure, (no risk of falling off.)

RBasil

Mar 18, 2010
www.robertbasil.com
I have a car mount from proclipusa.com. Best on the market in my opinion. They offer both vehicle specific mounts and device specific holders. I prefer this solution over a window suction cup mount. Better visability and more secure, (no risk of falling off.)

Which ProClip mount fit's the N1? Have a part number by chance?

I used a ProClip mount for my 3GS before I purchased my TomTom mount for it. The ProClip mounts kick ass. Didn't realize there was one out for the N1.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
proclips are nice - my buddy has one in his Mini - but I don't like any of the mounting points they offer in my Jeep....I have a smooth plastic disc already stuck to my dash from my old TomTom suction mount - I'll just use that with the N1's car dock

steppek

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Naja King

I am using this in my car. The Naja King for the iPhone. The dimensions are just about the same for the Nexus and the iPhone. I only had to 'slightly' bend one of the clips to fit...that is all.

NAJA King | Flexible Rotating Stand for iPhone and iPod touch | THOUGHT OUT Company .. Find it at thoughtout (dot) biz

Sorry..I am new to the forums and I can't post links :rolleyes:

hitraj47

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I am using a wind shield mount which i bought from eBay. Apparently I need 10 posts to be able to post links so i can't show you what it is lol. But it works specifically for the nexus one and its pretty good, does what it says on the tin.

I also have a car charger which I bought from Amazon. An HTC generic lol. Works though.

I also bought an FM transmitter ($10) in the store (impulse buy -_-) for my iPod Touch. Then when I realized the N1 had a 3.5mm jack, I started using it with my N1. The FM transmitter I have (random brand) works with AAA batteries (and also a charger). So when I'm in the car, I have it plugged in, mounted on the wind shield and plugged into the power with PANDORA for android running!

Yup, thats right, I have Internet radio from Pandora for my ride to work ^_^

I don't know about FM transmitters, but mine seems not bad for the price, though I hear there are better (though more expensive) ones like the iTrip.

The only other thing I really want now is a screen protector, maybe a case and an extended battery that adds more capacity but one where I don't have to change the cover. I had a 2600mAH for my G1 and that was simply amazing (solid use for 3 days without a charge!!).

mrchnd

Mar 31, 2010
www.mrchnd.com
I got my Nexus one the second it was available on ATT. I previously had an iPhone 3g. In my car, I had it mounted with a proclip mount, the swivel one. I used the Kensington LiquidAUX made specifically for iPhone for charging and audio.

When I got the Nexus One, I was afraid I'd need to buy a new mount. I found the Nexus One fits just fine in the proclip swivel mount! I just had to change the dock connector from the proprietary apple one to the micro usb. Luckily, the proclip swivel mount was designed for the end user to mount the end of the cable themselves. (I'm not sure if I'm explaining this clearly) I used this mount I replaced the Apple connector with a micro usb and used some shims to make sure it was centered. With this setup, my Nexus One can charge in my car, in it's proclip cradle.

Just a Note: I tried using my cigarette-to-usb power adapter that was included with a bluetooth headset to power the N1. It was not powerful enough, If the screen was on for Nav or whatever, It wouldnt charge. I got this one and it works much better. The key is, I think, is to have a 1Amp charger.

Currently my audio is connected from the headphone port right into the aux input on my 2009 Altima stock radio. It works okay but it a bit unsightly. I ordered a new Kensington LiquidAUX that will utilize the N1's audio over bluetooth. An Amazon commenter says it works great with the N1 so I guess I'll see.

The LiquidAUX should arrive today. I just need to wait for a 90? audio cable extension to connect the the LiquidAUX so when it's plugged into my radio it looks nicer. (This is an optional step, however, as the LiquidAUX comes with the necessary extension but is a straight one and sticks out off the radio too much for my taste) Here is the cable.

When all is said and done, I'll post pictures. Maybe I'll make this post its own thread.

When I started this post all I wanted to say was: "An iPhone 3G mount from proclip will hold a Nexus One" Looks like I got carried away. Hope this helps some folks.

-Chris

PS: Oops, this is my first post and I can't insert links. I underlined things that should have been links. I'm not sure if an exception can be made in this case. When my project is done I'll make sure to post pictures and links on my blog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995