Sprint Nexus One Rumors

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see anything for the Sprint nexus one rumors and I'm dying to pick up the Nexus one so I figured I would make thread for sprint.

So my latest news are from talking to a sprint rep online today and him telling me that we will have more info regarding the nexus on the first week of April.

Does anyone have anything elsep PLEASE.

takakoshimizu

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I've personally been grilling reps at different locations in different ways attempting to get any info out of them.

So far I've talked to chat agent, several voice agent, a store rep near where I live, and a store rep a good 5 hours drive away (I was in the area anyway).

The answer given by most of those agents was that they thought it was an interesting phone and tried to get me to wait for the EVO.

The rep 5 hours away acted like the EVO was the Nexus One which caused me to facepalm hard and walk out of the store.

My Sprint account probably has notes all over it stating that I'm a maniac for the Nexus One by now.
I'm not having any luck with this :(

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
gbhil - I believe if my memory serves me correctly both the Curve and Tour dropped on a Sunday. Then again I'm old and suffering a migraine today so I could be mistaken.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
it will definatelly be faster and snappier but I had my Hero rooted and it was pretty fast after I did that.

takakoshimizu

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I've started researching T-Mobile in my area. I figure that it'd cost the same to cancel both my lines and go to T-Mobile as it would to buy the Nexus One unsubsidized. I want to have some sort of concrete date in the next couple of weeks.

EDIT: I take it back. T-Mo only does EDGE in my area, and doesn't do 3G until about 45 mi northbound on the interstate from me. ATT is too expensive and only has a small island of 3G around my area. Verizon will cost much more. I guess I'm stuck.

Last edited:

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ya I considered going over to T-moible too, but I figured I waited this long may as well wait a little longer as I fully expect the Nexus One for sprint to drop this month and I do prefer sprint over T-Moible because of way better 3g coverage.

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Take this with a grain of salt but when I was in my local store talking with the store manager yesterday about switching back to sprint so I can get the Nexus One he pulled up an email on his phone saying that it was suppose to have dropped last week and has now been pushed back due to manufacturing delay? Not sure what the delay is but most phones on sprint do seem to drop on a Sunday so April 18th just maybe the day.

Last edited:

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
ya but since it is through google it could be Friday the 16th cause I believe they released the ATT version on a Friday.

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
yea who knows when its gonna drop I wish they would hurry up though if they wait to long there probably not gonna sell as many as some people will chose to wait for the evo

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
yap I agree, **** I want to buy one but once the evo is released I'm getting rid of it and picking up the evo. I just can't wait any longer I want a bigger screen and faster processor.

wkj

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone think that Google will change it's distribution with the CDMA N1's? It's not like you can buy an "unlocked" CDMA Nexus and use it on either network. Sprint and Verizon customers are going to have to buy depending on their carrier.

I've read that Google is unhappy with Nexus sales so far and are looking for a Marketing Director to get the phones out and selling, and putting the phones in the carrier's stores was one option. I don't see Googles advantage to selling phones directly and at unsubsidized prices with little advertising.

So I think somethings going to be different this time around and we may be able to play with the phone before we buy. I asked a corporate store manager (I know, I know...) a while back about the Nexus and he said they would have it in the stores and sell it like any other Sprint phone. Maybe? Why not?

wkj

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yea I'm with AT&T now and there coverage in my area is horrible not to mention its only edge so I'm waiting for sprint to release the n1 so I can cut my bill in half every month and switch back :D

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone think that Google will change it's distribution with the CDMA N1's? It's not like you can buy an "unlocked" CDMA Nexus and use it on either network. Sprint and Verizon customers are going to have to buy depending on their carrier.

I've read that Google is unhappy with Nexus sales so far and are looking for a Marketing Director to get the phones out and selling, and putting the phones in the carrier's stores was one option. I don't see Googles advantage to selling phones directly and at unsubsidized prices with little advertising.

So I think somethings going to be different this time around and we may be able to play with the phone before we buy. I asked a corporate store manager (I know, I know...) a while back about the Nexus and he said they would have it in the stores and sell it like any other Sprint phone. Maybe? Why not?

wkj

That would be sweet if they did but I was just in checking in again on my lunch break, I think I'm driving the store manager nuts :p and to his knowledge you still have to buy it off the website so hopefully he's wrong and the rep you talked to is right but since they still haven't put them in either AT&T stores or T-Mobile stores I'm guessing it won't happen.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
ya but since it is through google it could be Friday the 16th cause I believe they released the ATT version on a Friday.

They actually released both the T-Mobile and the AT&T versions on Tuesdays. Not that means anything but I am betting on April 6th.

Angelworks

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
They actually released both the T-Mobile and the AT&T versions on Tuesdays. Not that means anything but I am betting on April 6th.

That would be nice, but I'm in the I'll get it when its ready camp. My S60 phone will still plod along on AT&T like it has in the past :/.

I'm actually wondering how many people are jumping ship from tmobile/at&t when some of these phones come out on decentish networks?

One of the big reasons I'm switching is the sheer lack of service and performance at&t provides - only reason I never switched in the past is that smart phones they had weren't all that good.