Bluetooth question

gchild00

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible for me to listen to my music and listen to videos on the stock android media player using a Bluetooth headset? If not is there anything in the market place that will allow me to do so? I have the nexus one. Thanks!

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it works fine. I use my Sony BT headset all the time with my N1. In fact this an area that exceeds the performance of my previous iPhone 3GS. On my iPhone when I watched video and used the BT headset, the audio would lag about 1 second. On my N1 the audio stays in sync when using the same BT headset!!

gchild00

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it works fine. I use my Sony BT headset all the time with my N1. In fact this an area that exceeds the performance of my previous iPhone 3GS. On my iPhone when I watched video and used the BT headset, the audio would lag about 1 second. On my N1 the audio stays in sync when using the same BT headset!!

so how exactly do i turn on this feature on my phone..i have my bluetooth connected and trying to watch a video or listen to music but it wont transmit into my bluetooth...intead i hear it from the phone's speakers...i know my bluetooth is connected because i can make call just fine with my bluetooth headset...any ideas??? sorry i'm a little new to this..thanks

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
When you pair a headset it can connect either as a "stereo" headset for music & video, or it can connect as a microphone/earphone for making calls - or both. I use the Sony DR-BT22 which always defaults as phone & stereo headphones. Under Bluetooth settings it shows as "phone and media audio".
Hmmm, to be honest I'll have to play around and see how you can change this, but maybe it's set by the headphones? Are yous mono or stereo>

gchild00

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
When you pair a headset it can connect either as a "stereo" headset for music & video, or it can connect as a microphone/earphone for making calls - or both. I use the Sony DR-BT22 which always defaults as phone & stereo headphones. Under Bluetooth settings it shows as "phone and media audio".
Hmmm, to be honest I'll have to play around and see how you can change this, but maybe it's set by the headphones? Are yous mono or stereo>

under bluetooth settings looks like it's only the phone that's paired up..i have a pretty cheapo bluetooth headset it's a jabra BT350...i wonder if it'll let me manually change to where it'll sync the phone and everything esle??? do you think it's just the cheap headset? I've been able to use this headset to listen to pandera on my old blackberry 8320, use it with my playstation 3 before as well. but now i can't use it on my nexus one to stream pandora, listen to videos, or listen to music..any ideas?

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, as a very last resort - I looked in the manual ;-)
Try this:
Some Bluetooth devices have multiple profiles. Profiles can includes the ability to
transmit your phone conversations, to play music in stereo, or to transfer files or other
data. You can select which profiles you want to use with your phone.
1 Touch & hold the device in the Bluetooth settings screen.
2 Touch Options in the menu that opens.
A screen opens with a list of the device’s profiles.
3 Check or uncheck a profile to use it or not.
4 When you’re finished, press Back

gchild00

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Well, as a very last resort - I looked in the manual ;-)
Try this:
Some Bluetooth devices have multiple profiles. Profiles can includes the ability to
transmit your phone conversations, to play music in stereo, or to transfer files or other
data. You can select which profiles you want to use with your phone.
1 Touch & hold the device in the Bluetooth settings screen.
2 Touch Options in the menu that opens.
A screen opens with a list of the device?s profiles.
3 Check or uncheck a profile to use it or not.
4 When you?re finished, press Back

Well, looks like it's no dice....it says that following:

Connect [check box]
connected to phone audio

Profiles

Phone [check box]
connected to phone audio

so i guess i'm out of luck...there's no other profiles...right now i have both boxes checked...i would hate to have to buy another bluetooth just to test it out...thanks for the help though...please let me know if you have any other ideas

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, with my Sony it also shows a "Media" profile along with the Phone profile.
I would just post a question in the forum asking if anyone has a BT "over ear" like the Jabra that also works with media.

gchild00

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, with my Sony it also shows a "Media" profile along with the Phone profile.
I would just post a question in the forum asking if anyone has a BT "over ear" like the Jabra that also works with media.

quick question for you...what is the name of the sony model bluetooth that you have?

king244

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
this is what i have

works great with my BB, but since no n1 for verizon yet i cant comment on that...

i cant post links yet so just ad the w's

cgi.ebay.com/OEM-Jabra-BT3030-BT-3030-Bluetooth-Headset-black_W0QQitemZ120546241723QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBluetooth_Wireless_Products?hash=item1c111dacbb