Google Integration?

Goodness

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I am a current Storm 1 owner who is very excited to leave the world of Blackberry for Android. Like everyone else, I am waiting for the Nexus 1 to arrive on Verizon. I have a quick question regarding the difference between the N1 and the Incredible.

Will the N1 have additional and/or smoother Google functionality than the Incredible? My google apps (mail, calendar, contacts, docs, tasks) are essential to me, so I want to choose the phone that has the most integrated Google functionality.

Can anyone tell me what differences I should expect between a regular Android phone, and a phone actually designed by Google?

thanks in advance

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there will be any difference on the Google experience with either phone. The difference will be if Google rolls out 2.2 quicker to the N1 than Incredible. Even then, it wouldn't take long before someone had a version that worked on other phones. I would buy the one that is most appealing in terms of looks and hardware to you.

G

GenericMessage

All that a google experience device means is that it runs plain ole' Android. No custom UI's no nothing. Its just normal Android.

The incredible will have sense, a new User Interface skin.

Goodness

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the quick replies. That is very helpful. I guess my next question would be what are the differences between the standard operating system and HTC's sense UI. I'm sure that has been discussed a bunch on this forum, so i'll do some searching. thanks again! I'm excited to leave Blackberry's orbit as soon as possible!

G

GenericMessage

thanks for the quick replies. That is very helpful. I guess my next question would be what are the differences between the standard operating system and HTC's sense UI. I'm sure that has been discussed a bunch on this forum, so i'll do some searching. thanks again! I'm excited to leave Blackberry's orbit as soon as possible!

Pretty much a widget (clock and weather).
The App Drawer
The Dialer and contacts button (on screen)
And it shows what screen you're currently on

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech