32GB Maximum MicroSD card

bganga

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Searches on the Sandisk part number(SDSDQY-032G-A11M) show that it is a Class 2 device. I will wait for version 2 of this card.

eazyd

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
As much of a pain it is to swap the SD cards since you have to power down, at that price I'd still rather just buy 2-3 16gb cards.

etho201

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an Android phone yet but I have a question. Why do you have to power down the phone before swapping cards. Isn't there an eject/dismount feature on the Android platform? Additionally, I would think that if you weren't writing/reading to/from the card it would be fine to remove with the phone powered on. Just a thought, you can do it on a computer and these phones are very much like computers.

z0phi3l

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't have an Android phone yet but I have a question. Why do you have to power down the phone before swapping cards. Isn't there an eject/dismount feature on the Android platform? Additionally, I would think that if you weren't writing/reading to/from the card it would be fine to remove with the phone powered on. Just a thought, you can do it on a computer and these phones are very much like computers.

The battery in the N1 blocks the SD card, it needs to come out to be able to remove it

not that big a deal, not like the average person is constantly taking the SD card out as it is

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The battery in the N1 blocks the SD card, it needs to come out to be able to remove it

not that big a deal, not like the average person is constantly taking the SD card out as it is

It isn't a big deal, but it was a stupid engineering and design decision. (especially in light of the fact that the Incredible's slot is on the side and easily accessible.)

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
If you want to swap out different SD cards you could have problems with certain applications. I have noticed that many make folders on the SD card. I don't know what will happen when you put in a different card that doesn't have those same folders.

On a second note, I saw that Google has announced that the Android system has a problem with the new 32GB cards. They state they this will be corrected with the next OTA update.
So, no reason to get a 32GB card right now.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
The phones can read the 32GB cards, but it can't format them. As long as you can format the card outside of the phone your good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool