Google Nexus 10 bests the iPad's screen

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep! Looks like Apple might have to update their website as it claims that the iPad has the worlds best mobile display :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

Mobimop

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but why is it so freaking ugly?? The Galaxy 10.1 is so much better looking.... Cmon google... One step forward and always one back....

clarker07

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Yep! Looks like Apple might have to update their website as it claims that the iPad has the worlds best mobile display :)

Microsoft is saying the same thing about the surface and the dpi on that is much lower than the Nexus 10 and iPad. Now that someone has beat them at their own game I imagine apple will also start with the "its about a whole lot more than just dpi" campaign. After all "retina" as defined by apple, is the point where an increase in resolution would not be noticeable to the human eye, so that seems like the obvious thing for apple to say.

With all that said I realize you were probably just poking fun at apple and I'm all for that. I absolutely can't wait to see the screen on the Nexus 10 and I will be bringing up the glaring dpi advantage of my device to every person I can find with an iPad.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
If you look at the video by The Verge, it doesn't look ugly at all. It looks great actually.

Still looks ugly to me. :(

Fortunately what's inside is probably more important (at least that's what my parents told me). So I'll try to overlook the ugly exterior. But Google or Samsung should fire whoever designed this. :p

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
You know, 10 years ago Apple tried to tell me that the box holding my PC internals should be stylish and make a statement about my personality. I thought they were silly then. I still think the notion of having a "pretty" exterior on a PC (and that is what these are) is silly.

Is it comfortable to hold and solid in the hand? Is it a decent size and weight? Does it have a great screen with great internals to backup the usability? Does it have useful speakers that aren’t on the back of the device and don’t make you feel like you are listening to a video being played in the other room? Those are some things that would look good to me.

Based on the little information known so far, this thing is looking beautiful.

-Suntan

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
You know, 10 years ago Apple tried to tell me that the box holding my PC internals should be stylish and make a statement about my personality. I thought they were silly then. I still think the notion of having a "pretty" exterior on a PC (and that is what these are) is silly.

Is it comfortable to hold and solid in the hand? Is it a decent size and weight? Does it have a great screen with great internals to backup the usability? Does it have useful speakers that aren?t on the back of the device and don?t make you feel like you are listening to a video being played in the other room? Those are some things that would look good to me.

Based on the little information known so far, this thing is looking beautiful.

-Suntan

Yes!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is saying the same thing about the surface and the dpi on that is much lower than the Nexus 10 and iPad. Now that someone has beat them at their own game I imagine apple will also start with the "its about a whole lot more than just dpi" campaign. After all "retina" as defined by apple, is the point where an increase in resolution would not be noticeable to the human eye, so that seems like the obvious thing for apple to say.

With all that said I realize you were probably just poking fun at apple and I'm all for that. I absolutely can't wait to see the screen on the Nexus 10 and I will be bringing up the glaring dpi advantage of my device to every person I can find with an iPad.

Good points and I too think that Apple, or at least Apple fans, will claim that you don't need better than "retina" quiality. I do have to admit that the iPads screen is awesome but it was on of its biggest selling points and now they can't boast so much :)

Tom

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Even though I'm not getting the newest tablet (i bought the nexus 7 which is perfect for my needs and I'm buying the nexus 4 so I don't have much extra cash right now) I was scared that the screen would be better then the iPad in just specs like the nexus 7 is compared to the Mini. Like how the n7s screen is really washed out compared to the competition. But this device looks like it actually has a better screen then the iPad. This makes me happy. Now that Google got the hardware down all we need is to get the ecosystem down which is the only (and most important) thing apple has above us. But that comes with time and good sales.

impulse101

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It looks better, has better viewing angles, has better resolution, has better pixel density, has more vibrant colors and it is 16:9 ratio instead of ridiculously pathetic 4:3 ratio which is for tvs from 1988

masterpfa

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Still looks ugly to me. :(

Fortunately what's inside is probably more important (at least that's what my parents told me). So I'll try to overlook the ugly exterior. But Google or Samsung should fire whoever designed this. :p

I wasn't best impressed initially when I saw the leaked pictures, but again after seeing the video I came to the conclusion that it's not too bad. I admit not the best looking, but I wouldn't feel ashamed to be seen out with one :D

masterpfa

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Even though I'm not getting the newest tablet (i bought the nexus 7 which is perfect for my needs and I'm buying the nexus 4 so I don't have much extra cash right now) I was scared that the screen would be better then the iPad in just specs like the nexus 7 is compared to the Mini. Like how the n7s screen is really washed out compared to the competition. But this device looks like it actually has a better screen then the iPad. This makes me happy. Now that Google got the hardware down all we need is to get the ecosystem down which is the only (and most important) thing apple has above us. But that comes with time and good sales.
One step at a time, but I think Google are getting there. Google Play needs to be available worldwide with Music, Movies, Magazines, Books and Devices available on all markets.

slywalk

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Good points and I too think that Apple, or at least Apple fans, will claim that you don't need better than "retina" quiality. I do have to admit that the iPads screen is awesome but it was on of its biggest selling points and now they can't boast so much :)

Tom

Don't be silly, 90% of apple fans don't even know what retina display actually means, they think its a pretty screen, period. They have no idea what it means in relation to pixels-human eye

dynesh

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to this. I returned my Note 10.1 to Amazon with 1 day to spare. It was a tough decision, but it came down to would I use the pen that much, or would I rather have the better looking screen. The pen was nice for client meetings and the occasional seminar I go to, but it didn't always work right away. Sometimes I would go to write and it didn't do anything. I would actually shake the pen, because it's just second nature to shake a pen to get the ink flowing. If not for that, I might have kept it. The N10 being made by samsung kind of sealed the deal, because I liked the design of the note.

Now I just hope to score one on day 1, as I'm going through tablet withdrawel. Bought my two oldest boys a N7 each, and I've been playing with those until I can get this.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I understand that the device may not look the best with the specs it has who cares...always throw a case on it..:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You know what I prefer the overall specs to how good or bad it "looks". They designed it for speed, power and performance, just because it may not be sexy doesn't mean the other guys don't want to hit on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech