MicroSD to Micro USB Adapter, Expand your Nexus 10 Storage.

Maturola

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
What if you could add more storage to any Android device with a tiny adapter?

A MicroSD to Micro USB adapter. This indiegogo project aims to receive funding for the creation of a tiny adapter -- the worlds first of it's kind so you no longer have to worry about running out of space for your favourite videos, music or photos. All we need is your support to help fund the creation of this adapter.

http://www.indiegogo.com/microsdtomicrousb

The adapter is so small it can happily sit with your keys as a keyring; store the whole of your favourite TV series, music collection and more in the palm of your hands.

Support the project and be the first to receive the adapter. If the project doesn't get funded, your receive a full refund, nothing to lose.

IMG_20121101_130652.jpg

Maturola

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
It is just the first step. It is better than nothing, I personally hate the "tail" that the OTG Cable offers. I rather have a smaller Adapter.

Ideally, we can build a case that have microSD Socket, Wireless charging and dock support. (which we are currently working, but we need the initial push)

rkirmeier

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I think for real success this adapter should be made as small as possible with several different shapes and finishes that match different popular devices (N7, N10, etc). Forget the MicroSD and just built different sizes. I know MicroSD would be nice it could be smaller and look better with internal only memory.

Maturola

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I think for real success this adapter should be made as small as possible with several different shapes and finishes that match different popular devices (N7, N10, etc). Forget the MicroSD and just built different sizes. I know MicroSD would be nice it could be smaller and look better with internal only memory.

The divice is already build as small as it can possible be for a microSD reader.

We are not large enough of a company to build a smaller with build in flash, the way they do those ultra small flash drive is getting Silicon Flash wirebond directly tot he PCB, this is dealing with Dies devices and manufature are very protective of their silicon, they usually don't share it unless you are a very large manufacture (Google, Apple, Asus, etc). The smallest flash we can access to is Sandisk iNAND and a 32 or 64 GB package is still the about the size of a US penny, Making the device about the same size as the MicroSD one.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I like it!!! I would think having a connector flush as possible on the bottom and have the cable flexible so it can mold to the shape of the device. Then have the card reader part lay flat on the back cover, nice 2 sided tape or Velcro to hold it in place but still access the card. SD or micro SD is good, I prefer SD as they come in 64gb and are easier to put in.

Maturola

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I like it!!! I would think having a connector flush as possible on the bottom .

We want to make the device (at least to start with) as universal as possible, having the device flush with edge would limited its use to a single device without a case. We want our device to work with pretty much any device running android, with or without a case.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
The device could route on the outside of the case. Just not sure all devices micro usb socket is in the same direction or not. I love the idea but not liking it sticking out. Just wish the new N10 or even the N7 had an micro sd slot.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Interesting idea, but I already have a mini dongle cable that does that if I want to add a usb thumb drive I can do that. Keep say a 64GB or 256GB thumb drive with tons of media (movies, music, etc) for quick access when I need.

Maturola

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
No need to root to read from the device using a 3er party software (Nexus Media Importer, $2.99), to write you will need to root

groan

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Get this damn thing funded! ;)

PS if you have any working prototypes if the funding falls through I may be willing to let you keep my money and just give me one of those and the sdcard holder :)
just sayin, just putting that out there :)
Just an idea...that's all... :p

Maturola

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Get this damn thing funded! ;)

PS if you have any working prototypes if the funding falls through I may be willing to let you keep my money and just give me one of those and the sdcard holder :)
just sayin, just putting that out there :)
Just an idea...that's all... :p

I am doing all i can to promote it. The feedback is incredible, but it is not being reflected as contributions.

If we don;t funding we'll talk about some options for those interested on getting at least some hand made proto units

rajvissa

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I like your idea and wanted to fund, but I didn't. The reason you have limited the early bird special to 50 users.
That is the core part of your project and you limited your own sales. If I were you I would price early bird special at 14$ and increase the limit to 500 and the next (1/4th goal should reach here). Price silver at $18- $20 unlimited or 1000.

I am really looking forward to fund but the required adapter is limited or priced higher.

Maturola

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I like your idea and wanted to fund, but I didn't. The reason you have limited the early bird special to 50 users.
That is the core part of your project and you limited your own sales. If I were you I would price early bird special at 14$ and increase the limit to 500 and the next (1/4th goal should reach here). Price silver at $18- $20 unlimited or 1000.

I am really looking forward to fund but the required adapter is limited or priced higher.

Thank you for feedback and support, the perks prices were something that took a long time to determine and they are there for a reason, you have to take in consideration that the early special is just that, and early reward to those who want to support the project "early". That specific reward was giving a lost. it cost more to deliver all in that reward than $16, but we think that it was worth it to do it for those first 50 people that want to backup us early.

we need to reach the total goal to manufacture 1500 units, if we priced the early special a $14 and cap it a 500 and reach 1/4th of the goal as you said, that would mean that we would have to manufacture 2000 units, which is not possible at that budget.

For those who want to wait or just found out about it later, the $22 perk level is there. That would allow us to cover the cost of delivering the rewards including Indiegogo and Paypal fees, packaging and shipping.

rajvissa

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for feedback and support, the perks prices were something that took a long time to determine and they are there for a reason, you have to take in consideration that the early special is just that, and early reward to those who want to support the project "early". That specific reward was giving a lost. it cost more to deliver all in that reward than $16, but we think that it was worth it to do it for those first 50 people that want to backup us early.

we need to reach the total goal to manufacture 1500 units, if we priced the early special a $14 and cap it a 500 and reach 1/4th of the goal as you said, that would mean that we would have to manufacture 2000 units, which is not possible at that budget.

For those who want to wait or just found out about it later, the $22 perk level is there. That would allow us to cover the cost of delivering the rewards including Indiegogo and Paypal fees, packaging and shipping.

I agree totally with you. Why didn't you choose kickstarter which more famous (not sure if they charge more)? You would have reached much higher goal there. I am going in for this. Only worry is March'13 is a longer wait (as I have to get something intermediate). I love the concept as its handy for nexus users. I am in. But if possible try adding it to kickstarter also (if you can have at both places), For sure its what I am looking at.

Maturola

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I agree totally with you. Why didn't you choose kickstarter which more famous (not sure if they charge more)? You would have reached much higher goal there. I am going in for this. Only worry is March'13 is a longer wait (as I have to get something intermediate). I love the concept as its handy for nexus users. I am in. But if possible try adding it to kickstarter also (if you can have at both places), For sure its what I am looking at.

We did tried Kickstoppers but they denied my project with not much of a reason or explaining as of why, Apparently if you are not an iPhone accessories you cannot be on their website, and they also got higher fees.

They march date is a conservative approximation, I wanted to be responsible with the goal and with the timing, we should be able to accomplish most of the project earlier and start shipping rewards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL