Do you think Nexus 10 will ever get Samsung apps (s beam, s voice, etc.)?

bmbriefs

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks,

Since Samsung is making the Nexus 10, you think they would want it to sell well. Adding Samsung's apps to it's Nexus device may help push a few of these units. I for one own a SIII and am in the market for a tablet. I like S beam as a service and think it would be great to trade files back-and-forth between my tablet and phone using S beam. Do you think S beam and other Samsung apps will be available on Samsung Nexus devices?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I think the problem may lay in it being a Nexus device. Nexas =/= Bloat. To incluide Samsung 'only' apps Samsung would have to offer those through the Play Store which means make it available to non Samsung Devices.

rkirmeier

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
NO, this will NEVER happen, PERIOD! That would require TouchWiz and the point to Nexus is stock Android. There is simply not argument to this and it will never happen. Now on the other hand Samsung will likely release a Note within the next 6 months that matches the specs of the N10.

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I doubt this will happen. And yes, I agree with @robink that the next major tablet to expect from Samsung is one which tries to marry the Nexus 10 specs with its own Note 2 features. Something like a Galaxy Note 2 10.1. When, where, whether = all unknown.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi folks,

Since Samsung is making the Nexus 10, you think they would want it to sell well. Adding Samsung's apps to it's Nexus device may help push a few of these units. I for one own a SIII and am in the market for a tablet. I like S beam as a service and think it would be great to trade files back-and-forth between my tablet and phone using S beam. Do you think S beam and other Samsung apps will be available on Samsung Nexus devices?

Not having TW is a feature of Nexus devices. You can still use Android Beam between your S3 and Nexus, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,

No, it wont come with s Beam but Android beam works

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about S beam or S voice, but I sure wish it would be possible to use the split screen features that Samsung has been showing. With a screen that res, it is just begging for some side-by-side true multi-tasking.

Personally, I'd take that feature over the lofty cache of calling it a Nexus any day. I wish Google would start working on new functionality like that instead of just obsessing about changing the location of the home/back/menu buttons every other software rev...

-Suntan

litlprince

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't care about S beam or S voice, but I sure wish it would be possible to use the split screen features that Samsung has been showing. With a screen that res, it is just begging for some side-by-side true multi-tasking.

-Suntan

there are a number of apps that can give you something of a similar experience...

bmbriefs

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I guess it was pretty obvious. I didn't realize that s-beam was baked into touch-wiz, so I thought maybe it could be an apk.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
there are a number of apps that can give you something of a similar experience...

Not really. You can get a browser or a media player or a calculator that will float over top of other apps, but that isn't the same as getting all google and basic apps able to run side-by-side.

-Suntan

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I guess it was pretty obvious. I didn't realize that s-beam was baked into touch-wiz, so I thought maybe it could be an apk.
no worries. the way the phone/Phone OS work is different. nexus 10 is by google and other samsung devices is by samsung.

litlprince

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Not really. You can get a browser or a media player or a calculator that will float over top of other apps, but that isn't the same as getting all google and basic apps able to run side-by-side.

-Suntan

and going with that the note 10.1 cant run all apps and services side by side.. only a handful of specific samsung apps.. i love chrome but i cant use it side by side with something else.

all you get is media hub, samsungs browser, video player, polaris, and note.... i think...

so yes... a similar experience can be had. but for what your asking neither samsung or any app offers. But samsung has set the bar and i would like to see further development in that direction.

Kookas

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
There's Android Beam, and S Voice is a dump, fresh from Samsung's backside. Please tell me you only included it because it was all you could think of.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I was considering the GN 10.1 vs the Nexus 10 until I looked at the Nexus 10 specs JB 4.2 and the guarantee of custom ROM's and regular updates since its WiFi. Of course the biggest issue is waiting for Developers to make apps take advantage of the the screen resolution or is that really no longer an issue anymore?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz