Nexus 10 Review

dynesh

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It's about what I though, a great tablet. The lack of a micro sd card still pisses me off, and the explanation of expandable storage being confusing is BS. If I wanted that sort of BS hand holding, I'd buy an Apple product.

But, I will be picking one up. I sent my Note 10.1 back just so I could get this. I really hope I can find one. I picked up a Nexus 7 8 GB at Staples today to hold me off, because with a 20 dollar coupon I had, and the price drop to 169, it was hard to beat.

I'll be checking Google throughout the night and into tomorrow waiting for that buy me button.

I asked the manager at my Staples, and he hasn't heard of the Nexus 10 coming to them anytime soon.

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Dinesh, let me know how the N10 compares to your Note 10.1. Once you get the N10 and have had a chance to play with it, I'd tremendously appreciate some thoughts on Note 10.1 vs. Nexus 10.

dynesh

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I will try and remember post on here for sure, teffects.

For what it's worth, I really did love the Note 10.1 The final straw that swayed me to return it and get this was the fact that the N10 is also built by Samsung. I loved the speakers on front, and the overall way it felt. I'm too much of a "gotta have the best" tech nerd to be able to see the N10 on the streets and not have that screen. If I thought I would use the S-pen more, then I would have been fine staying with it, but I only used it occasionally, and I plan on upgrading my Razr Maxx to the Note 2 anyway once my contract is up with Verizon, so I'll still have that functionality when I want it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as Dynesh and teffects. Sold off all of my iOS stuff, waiting on the GN2 phablet on Verizon 11/29 can't be here soon enough and now I was about to get the GN 10.1 then started looking at the N10. Its hard to have nearly the same physical hardware with twice the screen resolution (better than an iPad) and the latest processor and GPU (better than the iPad) and opt for the same device with half of those specs just for S-Pen and expansion slot. I figure I could use my GN2 to carry music and other note stuff and get the N7 or N10 for bigger stuff. Just can't decide so any thoughts dynesh based on prior use of the GN 10.1 and the N10 when you get it will be much appreciated.

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I have to say that I personally cannot decide if I want a Nexus 10, and Jerry certainly brings up things I thought about, as well. Well, strike that: I know I want one, but I don't know if it's worth it to get one since I received a Nexus 7 16 GB as a graduation present (and it's bloody awesome). I could always sell it and return the money or use it toward a 10, but I have actually found I really enjoy the 7" screen, but the 10's screen and resolution really has me in a tizzy. I am a very big fan of having the extra screen real estate that the Nexus 10's screen would provide... Gaaah, dang it, Google! This decision is difficult...

I'm hoping my friend is going to get one, and then I can truly decide by messing around with his... That would be very helpful.

Bolshoie

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Still thinking of trading off my Note 10.1 to the N10 mainly because of its resolution

Problem is that expandable memory is important to me without the use of an otg cable and I use the Note 10.1 as a second phone for another network...but damn I want a nexus device and trading off my S3 to a Nexus 4 is out of the question

brycej817

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Two reviews of the Nexus 10 said that the processor is pushed a bit slow and it can slow down with highest resolution for games and other things. Can this be fixed just with the OS? Or can it only be fixed with a different processor. Supposedly the Ipad 4 doesn't have this problem. Not that I want to go the Apple route.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Two reviews of the Nexus 10 said that the processor is pushed a bit slow and it can slow down with highest resolution for games and other things. Can this be fixed just with the OS? Or can it only be fixed with a different processor. Supposedly the Ipad 4 doesn't have this problem. Not that I want to go the Apple route.

Only if you really push it, it's still more powerful than any other tablet out there. Everything will lag if you push it hard enough.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there any word on actual OTG functionality? Will the N10 have full OTG functionality baked in, or will it be like the N7 and require a 3rd party app for read and rooting just to write?

No mSD card is bad enough, but not fully supporting USB OTG out the gate is a crock of poo.

-Suntan

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I am REALLY interested in the fact that he says the speakers are good. Dammit, tablets are supposed to be multimedia devices. Don't tell me I should be using a headset with it. I want decent speakers. They don't have to be Klipsch, but they should be acceptably loud and undistorting. I don't want to have to haul around my Sennheisers. So far the closest I've come is a Samsung with front firing speakers. Not even the great Apple gets this right. Hopefully this one will give me speakers that don't make my ears bleed from awful sound, or make me want to hold the tab to my head to hear it.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

There are only so many machine cycles around. Heck, if you push a Cray hard enough it will sag. The fact is you can push this harder than any other tab out there before it cries uncle. That's awesome - especially at this price point!

impulse101

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
agreed, which to me is unacceptable from any "new" and "cutting edge" product.

He was running it on beta software. It wasn't the final release of 4.2 so who knows if it will be like that after the OTA update. Also they might update Chrome as well to optimize it for the N10

zolttt

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
this isnt a little feature... I'd say the main reason for a tablet is web browsing. That should have been fixed before it was sent out to people to review.... just my 2 cents.

gene1138

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Got mine this morning. So far I'm liking it. Screen is really nice. Tablet operation is very smooth. Feels a bit smoother than my Transformer Infinity. Chrome did not appear to be laggy after the updates. Chrome didn't seem laggy before the updates either but I didn't spend much time with it before updating.

Well that's my initial thoughts. I'll spend more time with the 10 putting it through its paces after work.

dynesh

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Dinesh, let me know how the N10 compares to your Note 10.1. Once you get the N10 and have had a chance to play with it, I'd tremendously appreciate some thoughts on Note 10.1 vs. Nexus 10.

Just wanted to write up a quick thing since I promised to compare my experience with the Note 10.1 that I sent back and the Nexus 10 that I now have, for teffects

These feel very similar, which makes sense, since they are made by the same people. At first I didn't really notice the screen. But the more time you spend with it, the more you see how clear it is compared to the Note 10.1. Comics look oustanding, text looks great. I don't watch many movies with mine, so I don't know. But I really find myself missing that pen sometimes. I had a meeting with a client today over the phone, and the first thing I wanted to do was get my tablet out and fire up S-note. But I had to go back to regular paper, the old fashioned way. For me, the tradeoff is still worth it, having the better screen. I'm the kind of person that it eats at me if there is something out there for the same price with better hardware, and I don't really need the pen that much. But I've seen you comment that you need something for notes, and you can't go wrong with the Note 10.1 for that, if you can get past the lower rez screen.

If Samsung ever offers a Note Tablet with this resolution, I'll trade it in a heartbeat.

Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance