Super Epic Fail Google

dynesh

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
One of the biggest companies in the world, can't even get this right. My bank card has been charged 500 bucks twice, because I thought the first one didn't go through, since the page was frozen. But no email about it being ordered, no confirmation, the purchase doesn't show up in my Google wallet.

How bout next time, when you announce something, you go ahead and put up a preorder page so you don't have thousands of people trying to buy something at the exact same time, especially since your hundreds of thousands of servers are having a hard time keeping up

Rant over. for now

*edit, both purchases showing up in google wallet now, no way to delete them. I'm sure I will be able to eventually, just seems like a silly way of doing things.

rinemie

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the same exact issue as you.
They declined one of my orders saying my CC was declined and asked me to update it so they could process it.
I updated it and they cancelled my order. So I went ahead and ordered with my other credit card and then google decides they were going to process my first order.

Ended up with 2 orders.
However under order details you can go to "contact customer service" and you can request a cancellation. No need to talk to them directly.

dynesh

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Shanman. I'll give it a couple of hours to settle down before I try and cancel. Looks like i got one anyway, so I am happy about that.

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Shanman. I'll give it a couple of hours to settle down before I try and cancel. Looks like i got one anyway, so I am happy about that.

I had one order where I tried twice, then changed the card so really three times. That appeared accepted after I changed the card but the Wallet summary showed declined.

I completely started over, and with this one I received an email that was also accepted.

I went back cancelled the 1st, which I verified with the order number. A follow-up email confirmed the first order was cancelled. Then, less than a minute later I got an email, same order # as the 1st, that said my payment was accepted.

I have no idea what will happen now, but I do have a cancellation email on the original order. I'll just sit back and wait 3-5 business days and see what shows up. I do know I'll get at least one.

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me... From experience, I've learned to check my cc online to see if I was indeed charged. Luckily, I did that and saw my cc was charged (pending status). I then called Google customer service, & they were able to confirm my purchase. An hour later, I received the Google Play confirmation.

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!

samagon

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
got mine ordered, luckily, once I got to the page where I set all the CC info, it didn't fail on me. problem is now on my wallet it says 'pre-ordered' ugh.

oh well, a little longer suffering with the TF101 won't be horrible...

but hopefully, later today it will ship regardless of what the wallet says...

AlexdaGOAT

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
same exact problem with me, except i ended up with 4 orders. They finally processed my first transaction (that they never acknowledged at first) after about an hour. Luckily, I used a card where i only had enough money on it to buy 1 tablet. They just canceled orders not too long ago.

samiam2714

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Everything worked out flawlessly for me. The scam artists who steal your info over the phone have impeccable timing though! I got a call from one of them right after I clipped my order info to evernote and before I could do something stupid I hung up and called wells Fargo. Be careful!!! they are sneaky bastards....

sahil

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
First time ordering online? Typical rule of thumb once you click "accept and purchase" or "Buy" after selecting your address shipping method and what not. You do not press refresh or order it again.

boo hoo, you couldn't order a phone the day it was released. First world problems.

Oldsig

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
How does someone politely say ?I hate you folks??? Some of you poor bastards somehow ordered more than you wanted? I had a different experience. I started at 11:50 EST; I only got as far as the screen that tells me the N10-32gb was in my cart. After clicking on the Place Order button, all I got was a swirling blue page-loading icon in the middle of the page? over an hour later still nothing. I refreshed the screen, placed the order again and got the same thing again? Now it appears that they are sold out and all I get is the option to sign-up for a notice of when they are available? I never got the notice to begin with (and I had filled out that form with 3 different addresses weeks ago)
?

ceyers50

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I checked google play and was able to order mine. 40 minutes later I got the email notice that it was available. I'm glad I didn't wait around for the email! I can't believe they are already out of stock!!!

AlexdaGOAT

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
First time ordering online? Typical rule of thumb once you click "accept and purchase" or "Buy" after selecting your address shipping method and what not. You do not press refresh or order it again.

boo hoo, you couldn't order a phone the day it was released. First world problems.

whatever2jpg.png
Well, when people get multiple emails saying their order has been cancelled for whatever reason, they typically want to try again. Not their fault Google processed the other orders, that they themselves said had been cancelled.

Last edited:

dynesh

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

No, ass, I've ordered plenty online before. When a page doesn't do anything for 10 minutes, it usually means something is screwed up, doesn't always mean the order went through. And when you are trying to order something that you know will run out, sometimes you have to try again, even if there is a chance you might be charged twice. So yeah, first world problem. So is your complaint about people that are complaining. Move on next time.