Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Default Re: Nexus 10 Case

The day after I received my N10, I ordered this case:
    Amazon.com: FINTIE (Orange) Slim Fit Leather Folio Stand Case Cover Auto Sleep/Wake for Google Nexus 10 Inch Android Tablet- 8 Color Options: Computers & Accessories
    Great selection of colors... durable, serves as a stand. Fits snugly, and best of all, you just close it to shut the thing off.

I got the Bear Motion. I like it a lot - but it is best for landscape use. I mostly use it sitting propped up in bed with it on my lap.

It is not slender, the binder edge is a good 3/4 inch. Also, the cover does not fold against the back.

Great quality, I'm very pleased, since it works for how I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by RBerger1938 View Post
    The day after I received my N10, I ordered this case:
    Amazon.com: FINTIE (Orange) Slim Fit Leather Folio Stand Case Cover Auto Sleep/Wake for Google Nexus 10 Inch Android Tablet- 8 Color Options: Computers & Accessories
    Great selection of colors... durable, serves as a stand. Fits snugly, and best of all, you just close it to shut the thing off.
    Got the black version of that in November..... Very nice case..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

What would the best case for traveling and watching movies (something that stands up) be? The only time I think I'd have it in the case would be when doing on of those two things.

For those of you who have this one Amazon.com: Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 10 Navy Blue (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Warranty by Poetic): Computers & Accessories
    Amazon says this is a magnetic cover, where is the magnet located? By the pics it doesn't look like there is enough room?? and is there another on the back side to keep the flap open? Thats the biggest complaint about the cover I have now, i hate how there is not a magnet on the back side and the flap just flaps around

Quote Originally Posted by spyderrc10gt2 View Post
    For those of you who have this one Amazon.com: Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 10 Navy Blue (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Warranty by Poetic): Computers & Accessories
    Amazon says this is a magnetic cover, where is the magnet located? By the pics it doesn't look like there is enough room?? and is there another on the back side to keep the flap open? Thats the biggest complaint about the cover I have now, i hate how there is not a magnet on the back side and the flap just flaps around
    That's odd that they don't have them in your link. Check this one out and you can see the 3 magnets over to the right.

Amazon.com: Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet Red/Black(Final Version): Electronics
    ~~Cindy~~

Quote Originally Posted by spyderrc10gt2 View Post
    The one I had for the Nexus 7 didn't have a magnet on the back to keep it from flapping around. If I remember correctly it did have an elastic strap for that, but I could be wrong about that (prior to getting the Poetic case I had a Kindle Fire case, which sort of worked and it may have been the one with the elastic strap).

The magnet that's in the front cover for putting it to sleep is small; I wouldn't be surprised if it's a ; they're very strong. For amusement I had 3 of them holding up a large cast iron skillet on my fridge door.

There are three small magnets located on the top edge of the case, they are very strong and are very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by kcad01 View Post
    Shanman14: You may need to reorder. I ordered mine on Dec 10 and received it today. Very happy with it, but the wait was ridiculous.
    I finally contacted them, my case seems permanently stuck in San Francisco. Here is the reply:

Holiday season will high postal lost rate. WE will resend you another
    one on Monday and we will email you the replacement one tracking # on
    Monday. Sorry for the delay
    So yeah, one month and counting. Let's hope the second one makes it. I have the iBlason now and its okay but not the one I really wanted. That and the auto wake feature doesn't work. I contacted them and they supposedly sent a replacement. That was weeks ago, never got that either. I have a case curse.

Quote Originally Posted by hmackenz View Post
    I'd go for the slimline. I really don't like the way the others cover the bezel. Like others have said, the Slimline doesn't cover the speakers and doesn't add too much thickness. Don't know about the other two, but the quality of the slimline is nice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    So it says it has the auto-wake feature. In the past, these types of cases make the screen go to sleep when the flap is open and against the back which means that I have to leave the flap open, or put my hand in-between the flap and the tablet to keep the tablet awake. Is this a problem with this case? As always, pictures are helpful in explaining what I'm asking...

This is my Nexus 7. I just don't want to have the same problem with my Nexus 10 case.

Flap open, but not behind the device, screen on:

Flap behind the device, screen off:
    Love Android! Proud owner of: LG G2 & Nexus 10
    Learning to live with my HTC One (M8)

Can't speak for the other cases, but the 1 cent Roocase will open back flat and does not shut the Nx 10 off.

I received my Poetic case today!! I am loving it, it adds hardly any bulk to the device, I love the color I got (Navy Blue) and the sleep/wake function is AWESOME and works perfectly! I am amazed I got it so quickly, I ordered Friday, got a shipping email a few hours later and received my case today. Very pleased!

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Emailed about my poetic case. Sounds like colors are shipping already and black ones will ship tomorrow.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kalebk07 View Post
    I received my Poetic case today!! I am loving it, it adds hardly any bulk to the device, I love the color I got (Navy Blue) and the sleep/wake function is AWESOME and works perfectly! I am amazed I got it so quickly, I ordered Friday, got a shipping email a few hours later and received my case today. Very pleased!
    I am pissed. I waited almost a month for it to ship, then mine was shipped USPS a week ago. It made it all the way across the country to my zip code's sorting facility, then was never delivered and now tracking it says it is back in San Fransisco again (which is where Poetic is located). Calling USPS was a total waste of 40 min of time and beyond frustrating, especially trying to get past their damn combative auto attendant. They are so clueless they could not tell me anything about why or even what address it was supposed was used. The tracking site still says it is supposed to be delivered to me Jan 5. I can't stand dealing with USPS and think it is a HUGE negative when ordering things.

Anyway, I gave up and contacted Poetic via Amazon. Guess I have weeks of more waiting
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I am pissed. I waited almost a month for it to ship, then mine was shipped USPS a week ago. It made it all the way across the country to my zip code's sorting facility, then was never delivered and now tracking it says it is back in San Fransisco again (which is where Poetic is located). Calling USPS was a total waste of 40 min of time and beyond frustrating, especially trying to get past their damn combative auto attendant. They are so clueless they could not tell me anything about why or even what address it was supposed was used. The tracking site still says it is supposed to be delivered to me Jan 5. I can't stand dealing with USPS and think it is a HUGE negative when ordering things.

Anyway, I gave up and contacted Poetic via Amazon. Guess I have weeks of more waiting
    Wow. I am really sorry to hear that!! I hope you receive it soon, I know how frustrating USPS can be!! I am sure you will love it once you received it!!
    KJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dale M View Post
    Can't speak for the other cases, but the 1 cent Roocase will open back flat and does not shut the Nx 10 off.
    Yeah, my 1 cent rooCase doesn't shut the screen off when the flap is at the back either. It sleep/wakes find though. It also stopped smelling like chemicals after about 10 days

Quote Originally Posted by kalebk07 View Post
    Did you get the Slimline? My N10 comes tomorrow and I was planning on getting a case.

Also, do you guys think a screen protector is needed? Does it ruin the feel of the screen?
    Last edited by x Pervy Sage; 01-08-2013 at 01:49 AM.

R: Nov 30, 2012 order of:

Amazon.com: Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 10 Black (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Warranty by Poetic): Computers & Accessories

It has been marked as 'in transit' in San Francisco:

Dear Customer,

After further investigation to our shipping department, the package did not go out to the post yet due to the black color continue to have 1-2 days delay. We will be able to move them out on Tuesday. For other colors , we can immediately dispatch them. What colors would you like to change to?

Regards,

Customer Service Team

Sounds like what I got from them, ordered the 25th:

Holiday season will high postal lost rate. WE will resend you another
    one on Monday and we will email you the replacement one tracking # on
    Monday. Sorry for the delay
    Quote Originally Posted by RickInHouston View Post

Amazon.com: Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 10 Black (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Warranty by Poetic): Computers & Accessories

Dear Customer,

After further investigation to our shipping department, the package did not go out to the post yet due to the black color continue to have 1-2 days delay. We will be able to move them out on Tuesday. For other colors , we can immediately dispatch them. What colors would you like to change to?

Regards,

Customer Service Team

Dear Customer,

Regards,

Customer Service Team
    Weird. I ordered the black poetic slimline on Friday, and it's on the UPS truck for delivery right now.

Maybe it all depends on what region you live in. I don't know how distribution works with Amazon and 3rd party sellers, but my case started in Breinigsville, PA, and I live in Upstate NY. Maybe they sent a bunch to an Amazon warehouse in PA, and the east coast demand is just less than the west coast? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    Yeah, my 1 cent rooCase doesn't shut the screen off when the flap is at the back either. It sleep/wakes find though. It also stopped smelling like chemicals after about 10 days
    I have the same case but it doesn't auto sleep / wake.. Is there somethign I need to change in the settings for this to function properly?

Similar situation here - mine's been "in transit" since 1/2,after ordering on 12/25.
    I received this today:
    Dear Customer,

After further investigation to our shipping department, the package
    did not go out to the post yet due to the black color had manufacturer
    delay. During this season, our shipping department is moving a lot of
    packages every day. They give us a confusing information. They were
    not sure which are shipped and which are not shipped.

Sorry about that. We will be able to move them out on Tuesday (
    tomorrow). Due to the delay, we are providing partial refund for 5 usd
    for the delay. Sorry.

Regards,

Customer Service Team
    I may switch to a colored one if it means it will ship faster.

Customer Service wrote back that they had one to send out immediately. They've been really responsive to my inquiry! Looking forward to its arrival. It has been on order for quite awhile!
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,203 Global Posts

Dear Customer,

Regards, Customer Service Team
    Oh that is just F***ING great. So since my order was screwed up, I will probably be put back into the back of the queue again. And no, Poetic did not yet even reply to my messages to them. USPS tracking says it is "out for delivery" across the country in San Francisco.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by x Pervy Sage View Post
    Did you get the Slimline? My N10 comes tomorrow and I was planning on getting a case.

Also, do you guys think a screen protector is needed? Does it ruin the feel of the screen?
    Yes, I got the Slimline and I have a Zagg invisible shield on the way.
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast