Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 10 Case

The Durabook cover does have a cutout for the Pogo charger. That's next on my list of accessories for my tablet as I am worried about using the USB all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by x Pervy Sage View Post
    Too hard to decide what case to get lol.

So far I'm liking the look of the Poetic Slimline and Bear Motion cases. Bear motion apparently has real leather.

But it's so hard to decide what to get heh. And I'm wondering if anyone else is coming out with a case anytime soon?
    I had settled between the Bear Motion and a couple Poetic cases. After reading about a few bad experiences with both of the Poetic cases I was looking at, I decided to go with the Bear Motion. I received it yesterday and was very pleased with the quality and fitment of the case.

Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    Just got the replacement case from Bear Motion at no charge. Unfortunately I now have two cases with the gap at the bottom bezel (in landscape). It's a really nice case but the bottom gap is a problem and I'll be looking for another case that is made better.
    I have the Bear Motion case and don't have this problem. What case are you looking at that's made better? I've read mixed reviews on ALL of the most popular cases for the N10, both on here, Amazon, etc.

I just bought a Herschel Supply Ipad case for my nexus, its just a sleeve. For some reason i always like sleeves over other cases

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk815 View Post
    I have the Bear Motion case and don't have this problem. What case are you looking at that's made better? I've read mixed reviews on ALL of the most popular cases for the N10, both on here, Amazon, etc.
    I am considering getting this one, but it is a whole lot more expensive than the other cases out there:
    (There are discount codes out there for 20% off, but it's still expensive!)

Too hard to decide what case to get lol.

So far I'm liking the look of the Poetic Slimline and Bear Motion cases. Bear motion apparently has real leather.

But it's so hard to decide what to get heh. And I'm wondering if anyone else is coming out with a case anytime soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    I am considering getting this one, but it is a whole lot more expensive than the other cases out there:
    (There are discount codes out there for 20% off, but it's still expensive!)
    Yeah, I saw that one and was tempted, too, but that price is astronomical! I'd consider maybe spending $40-60 on a quality case, but no way can I justify spending over $100! If you do splurge, be sure to let us know what you think.

Yeah, I saw that one and was tempted, too, but that price is astronomical! I'd consider maybe spending $40-60 on a quality case, but no way can I justify spending over $100! If you do splurge, be sure to let us know what you think.
    That one looks really nice but for that price it should at least have auto-wake and sleep? I don't think it does.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

It looks like all of the other slide-in cases that sell for 1/4th the price. I think they are looking for suckers.

I just picked up the Poetic slimline on recommendation of a friend and its the best middle ground. I dont want something majorly thick. This is still too thick for home use but will be the case of choice when I travel. Hopefully soon Google will have the flip cover available. I really dont want to cover up this slim, tacky body with something slick and thick. The naked tablet just feels much better in the hand.

It looks like a very very nice case, but not at that price - not even with 20% off.

- - - Updated - - -

That one looks really nice but for that price it should at least have auto-wake and sleep? I don't think it does.

It has 'magnetic closeure' so it appears that it does have auto wake/sleep.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Just received my poetic slimline today. Thanks to some recommendations from you guys here. I'm loving this case! I got it in red and black because it match my car haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 10 Case-uploadfromtaptalk1358408619814.jpg   Nexus 10 Case-uploadfromtaptalk1358408631501.jpg   Nexus 10 Case-uploadfromtaptalk1358408644085.jpg  

That's my favorite so far, its on right now as I type this.

i saw this case by MoKo on amazon:
    MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Google Nexus 10

i also found a comparison video between the MoKo Ultra Slim and Poetic Slimline:

does anyone know where i can buy the MoKo case instead of amazon? shipping to canada costs more than the case...
    Thanked by 2:

MoKo looks good. I was disappointed with the Poetic and sent it back. Think I'll give the MoKo a try.

Why exactly were you disappointed?

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I returned mine also. The case is very tight. Also it started to come apart at the edges after only a few days. My biggest complaint is that the power and volume buttons are blocked. The Poetic is bulky while the MoKo seems less so.

I got the MoKo from Amazon and like it much more than the Poetic. Glad I made the switch.

That big shiny piece of metal on the Moko's screen cover looks like it might be able to scratch the screen.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]

Quote Originally Posted by TheNexusMan View Post
    Why exactly were you disappointed?
    For many of the same reasons I've seen in other posts. Too tight of a fit, access to some of the buttons, build quality and a little bit of bulkiness. The MoKo arrived already and it seems better than the Poetic. Not as tight of a fit, better quality and seems slimmer. I'll give it a shot. Really just wish there was an OEM Smart Cover.
    dwatcool likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    That big shiny piece of metal on the Moko's screen cover looks like it might be able to scratch the screen.
    I thought the same thing, but so far it appears to rest on the lip of the case and not touch the screen, if that makes sense?
    Thanked by:
    tender 

Quote Originally Posted by emmui View Post
    i saw this case by MoKo on amazon:
    MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Google Nexus 10

i also found a comparison video between the MoKo Ultra Slim and Poetic Slimline:

does anyone know where i can buy the MoKo case instead of amazon? shipping to canada costs more than the case...
    The Moko looks nice, but it seems to have no opening for the pogo charger - other than leaving the case open while charging. Also, am not a fan of that shiny piece of metal so close to the screen. However, on a positive note, by looking at the video, the Moko case appears to have better build quality than the Poetic slimline and it appears to fit better - the Poetic is unreasonably too tight (at least the one I purchased is, but it seems other people have the same problem too).

I have been using the Bear Motion, but it has started to fray near the pogo port opening and am disappointed - especially since a simple stitch in the area would have likely prevented this. It seems that there is no solid cover for the N10- at least not yet.

In regards to shipping in Canada, sorry man, no suggestions other than Amazon or Overstock.com (O.co).

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I just received the poetic slim line case/cover and i do not like it for the following reasons the case is extremely tight fitting im afraid it will damage device in long run and it is heavy/bulky . it makes device not feel ”sleek and thin” .When I'm using my device the screen cover just flaps around the edges are somewhat sharp where the port cut outs are and are not comfortable to hold in your hands for a long time. Also as a previous poster had mentioned the galaxy tab 10.1 official leather pouch will fit the nexus 10 but it DOES NOT fit I wish it would because it is a nice place to put tablet when not in use. Right now im using a neoprene net book case sleeve I found out personally it is more comfortable for me to hold my nexus bare with no cases. I just love the thin profile and soft grippy finish and all these cases cover it up and make it bulky and uncomfortable .i dont watch movies on my tablet so i dont need a stand. Sometimes i prop the tablet up on my tv remote so its not laying flat. when I'm not using it simply put it in netbook sleeve
    Last edited by abdwerks; 01-19-2013 at 07:37 PM.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by abdwerks View Post
    I just received the poetic slim line case/cover and i do not like it for the following reasons the case is extremely tight fitting im afraid it will damage device in long run and it is heavy/bulky . it makes device not feel ”sleek and thin” .When I'm using my device the screen cover just flaps around the edges are somewhat sharp where the port cut outs are and are not comfortable to hold in your hands for a long time. Also as a previous poster had mentioned the galaxy tab 10.1 official leather pouch will fit the nexus 10 but it DOES NOT fit I wish it would because it is a nice place to put tablet when not in use. Right now im using a neoprene net book case sleeve I found out personally it is more comfortable for me to hold my nexus bare with no cases. I just love the thin profile and soft grippy finish and all these cases cover it up and make it bulky and uncomfortable .i dont watch movies on my tablet so i dont need a stand. Sometimes i prop the tablet up on my tv remote so its not laying flat. when I'm not using it simply put it in netbook sleeve
    The poetic slim case doesn't fit that snuggly, well at least mine doesn't. I love mine but may get the moko because I like the orange color they have haha

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshadow001 View Post
    The poetic slim case doesn't fit that snuggly, well at least mine doesn't. I love mine but may get the moko because I like the orange color they have haha

My Poetic Slimline grips the N10 like a vice - very very difficult to take off. Indeed, as Abdweks just noted, it is so tight that it seems as if it may do damage if used long term. Also, the build quality is suspect. Regardless, it is a shame, because it does look real nice and I like that the N10 face is open. Sadly, a very good looking case with quality concerns. I imagine that many would pay a few dollars more for a better product.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    I don't see how this would work. First of all the removable cover piece is on the opposite side of the pogo port so it would have to cover the back of the device to reach the pogo port [which I've never seen reported is expected to do anything other than charge the device]. Now if you use the removable cover piece side as the "hinge" side for your Keyboard cover then you wind up with the front facing camera at the bottom of the screen as well as restrict acess to the power and volume buttons. End result is a Bluetooth keyboard.

Sorry, just noticed the reply.

I would have to look closer at a surface to see how theirs works. I have the iBlason case. However, I've taken the device out, simply because holding it is easier without the case.

it woyd be a bummer to be forced to use a Bluetooth keyboard. I wish they'd thought of an integrated keyboard. Thumb Keyboard works well but I'd like something faster.

There should be an image above...

[BOX][/BOX]

Okay, added attachment ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 10 Case-screenshot_2013-01-19-21-24-34284699178.jpg  
    Last edited by Kai Ponte; 01-19-2013 at 11:44 PM.

SO I listened to you guys in your recent posts and I cancelled my Poetic Slimline order that had been sitting in limbo in my Amazon account for 4 days, waiting to be shipped, and instead ordered the Moko case. I'm due to receive the Moko on Tuesday. I hope its as great a solution as everyone says. I too wish there were some OFFICIAL options, but for $8.00 on Amazon, the Moko case seems like a great "in the meantime" option.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    And the saga continues. Poetic never answered my question as to why it was sent back, so they shipped it AGAIN via USPS. And now another week is lost as USPS never even attempted delivery and sent it right back across the country to Poetic again. Lovely.
    So I give them my work address AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS. I don't know what kind of stupidity is at Poetic or if it is a scam or what. But I am DONE WITH THIS CRAP.

I told them to refund my money immediately because I am placing an order for the Moko case. Amazon.com: MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet by Samsung, BLACK (with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep): Computers & Accessories
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    So I give them my work address AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS. I don't know what kind of stupidity is at Poetic or if it is a scam or what. But I am DONE WITH THIS CRAP.

I told them to refund my money immediately because I am placing an order for the Moko case. Amazon.com: MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet by Samsung, BLACK (with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep): Computers & Accessories
    Sorry you are having so much trouble I hope the Moko case gets shipped to you fairly quickly and you enjoy it!!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast