Nexus 10 Case

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the fintie which is the same design as your second two items; the leather is starting to curl up a bit around the glass and not lay flat against the glass. I just ordered the poetic case; I had one on my n7 and loved it.

Dunx

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I've just received the poetic slimline portfolio case from Amazon. fits great, all ports accessible inc pogo, sleep/awake works well. Like it says it keeps the tablet nice and slim. It does not cover speakers.
It seems very well made and in my opinion looks quite classy. Cost ?11.94 delivered.
I am very happy with this item and am more than happy to recommend this case.
Cheers, Dunx. :)

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Just bought the poetic slimline. Was looking for a small no frills case with a smart cover, this seemed to fit the bill, and also seems pretty popular among the N10 community. Hopefully I'll get it by next week to try out.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Lol, I have been reading through this thread and am perhaps more torn than before I started. I am trying to decide between 3 cases for a Nexus 10 and would appreciate any recommendations - especially from those few that have used the products for a few weeks - maybe some of the luster has worn off after a while on some?

Ok, here they are:

At this point any advice would be helpful. Thanx.

I'd go for the slimline. I really don't like the way the others cover the bezel. Like others have said, the Slimline doesn't cover the speakers and doesn't add too much thickness. Don't know about the other two, but the quality of the slimline is nice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just bought the poetic slimline. Was looking for a small no frills case with a smart cover, this seemed to fit the bill, and also seems pretty popular among the N10 community. Hopefully I'll get it by next week to try out.

I ordered mine November 25th and I'm still waiting.

kcad01

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Shanman14: You may need to reorder. I ordered mine on Dec 10 and received it today. Very happy with it, but the wait was ridiculous.

davrow

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I got the Bear Motion. I like it a lot - but it is best for landscape use. I mostly use it sitting propped up in bed with it on my lap.

It is not slender, the binder edge is a good 3/4 inch. Also, the cover does not fold against the back.

Great quality, I'm very pleased, since it works for how I use it.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The day after I received my N10, I ordered this case:
Amazon.com: FINTIE (Orange) Slim Fit Leather Folio Stand Case Cover Auto Sleep/Wake for Google Nexus 10 Inch Android Tablet- 8 Color Options: Computers & Accessories
Great selection of colors... durable, serves as a stand. Fits snugly, and best of all, you just close it to shut the thing off.

Got the black version of that in November..... Very nice case..:)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Heelsandeers

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
What would the best case for traveling and watching movies (something that stands up) be? The only time I think I'd have it in the case would be when doing on of those two things.

spyderrc10gt2

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who have this one Amazon.com: Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 10 Navy Blue (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Warranty by Poetic): Computers & Accessories
Amazon says this is a magnetic cover, where is the magnet located? By the pics it doesn't look like there is enough room?? and is there another on the back side to keep the flap open? Thats the biggest complaint about the cover I have now, i hate how there is not a magnet on the back side and the flap just flaps around

ceyers50

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who have this one Amazon.com: Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 10 Navy Blue (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Warranty by Poetic): Computers & Accessories
Amazon says this is a magnetic cover, where is the magnet located? By the pics it doesn't look like there is enough room?? and is there another on the back side to keep the flap open? Thats the biggest complaint about the cover I have now, i hate how there is not a magnet on the back side and the flap just flaps around

That's odd that they don't have them in your link. Check this one out and you can see the 3 magnets over to the right.

Amazon.com: Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet Red/Black(Final Version): Electronics

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The one I had for the Nexus 7 didn't have a magnet on the back to keep it from flapping around. If I remember correctly it did have an elastic strap for that, but I could be wrong about that (prior to getting the Poetic case I had a Kindle Fire case, which sort of worked and it may have been the one with the elastic strap).

The magnet that's in the front cover for putting it to sleep is small; I wouldn't be surprised if it's a rare earth magnet; they're very strong. For amusement I had 3 of them holding up a large cast iron skillet on my fridge door.

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Shanman14: You may need to reorder. I ordered mine on Dec 10 and received it today. Very happy with it, but the wait was ridiculous.

I finally contacted them, my case seems permanently stuck in San Francisco. Here is the reply:

Holiday season will high postal lost rate. WE will resend you another
one on Monday and we will email you the replacement one tracking # on
Monday. Sorry for the delay

So yeah, one month and counting. Let's hope the second one makes it. I have the iBlason now and its okay but not the one I really wanted. That and the auto wake feature doesn't work. I contacted them and they supposedly sent a replacement. That was weeks ago, never got that either. I have a case curse.

:(

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd go for the slimline. I really don't like the way the others cover the bezel. Like others have said, the Slimline doesn't cover the speakers and doesn't add too much thickness. Don't know about the other two, but the quality of the slimline is nice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

So it says it has the auto-wake feature. In the past, these types of cases make the screen go to sleep when the flap is open and against the back which means that I have to leave the flap open, or put my hand in-between the flap and the tablet to keep the tablet awake. Is this a problem with this case? As always, pictures are helpful in explaining what I'm asking...

This is my Nexus 7. I just don't want to have the same problem with my Nexus 10 case.

Flap open, but not behind the device, screen on:
IMG_20130107_081421_259.jpg

Flap behind the device, screen off:
IMG_20130107_081430_269.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante