Nexus 10 Case

Transtang z28

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't usually get screen protectors but this n10 is so expensive I'm thinking about getting one to protect my investment. What I would like is a protector that feels as close to the native glass screen as possible, not rubbery like some of the protectors out there. Can anyone recommend something?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't usually get screen protectors but this n10 is so expensive I'm thinking about getting one to protect my investment. What I would like is a protector that feels as close to the native glass screen as possible, not rubbery like some of the protectors out there. Can anyone recommend something?

The N10 has Gorilla glass so in my opinion a screen protector is wasted money.

kalebk07

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site

The Zagg Invisible Shield! You can purchase it from zagg.com and in my opinion it is the best. I haven't received mine for my N10 yet but I have one on my Galaxy S3 and love it. Plus, u get a lifetime warranty!

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Here are some photos I uploaded for those interested in these three cases. I took photos of all three cases so you can get an idea of the thickness relative to one another.

8366609125_8059481ca6_m.jpg
8366609025_b11a7b084b_m.jpg

I also included some thoughts, below.

Poetic KeyBook Removable Bluetooth Keyboard Case
8366609185_38f42e566d_m.jpg

I'm impressed by what you get for about $35. The N10 fits great and the keyboard is held in place with magnets so you can remove it; it'sthinner without the keyboard and actually resembles the i-Blason (below) without it. The keyboard has a decent feel to it, the keys are smaller than a standard keyboard. It pairs easily.

Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 10
8366608987_032cfde4de_m.jpg

This is by far my favorite case. It's inexpensive, the "smart" cover works every time. It does not add bulk and it's well made. This will be my daily driver cover.

i-BLASON Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet Leather Case Cover with Stylus loop
8244649950_92cb620e36_m.jpg

This was the first case I could get my hands on. It's okay but overpriced by comparison. The "smart" functionality works about 10% of the time. It's bulky but it does protect and it's usable, just not for me.

Click here for all the photos.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Here are some photos I uploaded for those interested in these three cases. I took photos of all three cases so you can get an idea of the thickness relative to one another.

I also included some thoughts, below.

Poetic KeyBook Removable Bluetooth Keyboard Case
I'm impressed by what you get for about $35. The N10 fits great and the keyboard is held in place with magnets so you can remove it; it'sthinner without the keyboard and actually resembles the i-Blason (below) without it. The keyboard has a decent feel to it, the keys are smaller than a standard keyboard. It pairs easily.

Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 10
This is by far my favorite case. It's inexpensive, the "smart" cover works every time. It does not add bulk and it's well made. This will be my daily driver cover.

i-BLASON Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet Leather Case Cover with Stylus loop

This was the first case I could get my hands on. It's okay but overpriced by comparison. The "smart" functionality works about 10% of the time. It's bulky but it does protect and it's usable, just not for me.

Click here for all the photos.

I like the look of the Poetic slimline, but some of the review on Amazon scare me. It seems that out of the box it works great, but after a short amount of time the thing starts to literally fall apart.

FWIW, I did get the i-BLASON case for myself. Frankly, it's a little too cumbersome for me -- I really prefer a minimal style case (like this case I have for old Galaxy tab), which is why I also looked into the Poetic slimline, but I just don't think I can pull the trigger on that given some of the negative reviews.

The i-BLASON will do for now when I need to transport the case, but for the most part I remove the tab when at home and actually using it. Hopefully Google soon offers a version closer to the Samsung Book Cover cases or their Nexus 7 case.

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the poetic slim line case. So far very nice. I contacted them and actually made a few suggestions, and they responded and said they would take them into consideration. I certainly don't regret getting it.

emmui

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

i have the skinomi screen protector on my N10 as recommended by another user. it looks like nothing is on the screen. it's tedious to install but it's worth the time.

Transtang z28

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
i have the skinomi screen protector on my N10 as recommended by another user. it looks like nothing is on the screen. it's tedious to install but it's worth the time.

Thanks for the suggestion! Is is cut to fit with the speakers pretty well and go all the way to the edge of the device? Also, does it feel slick like the glass or kind of rubbery?

Transtang z28

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
The Zagg Invisible Shield! You can purchase it from zagg.com and in my opinion it is the best. I haven't received mine for my N10 yet but I have one on my Galaxy S3 and love it. Plus, u get a lifetime warranty!

I've read that the zagg is more of a rubbery feeling product vs the slick feel of the glass that I am hoping to retain. Is this true?

jigsawhc

Apr 11, 2011
www.xblaratings.com
Thanks for the suggestion! Is is cut to fit with the speakers pretty well and go all the way to the edge of the device? Also, does it feel slick like the glass or kind of rubbery?

The skinoni feel slick to the touch and not rubbery like some. Maybe not exactly like glass but it feels good to me.
It is cut to cover the glass portion of the device only so it does not cover the speakers, but it does go right to the very edge of the glass.

It took me a couple tries to get it installed perfectly but now that it is on there I'm happy with it.

Transtang z28

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
The skinoni feel slick to the touch and not rubbery like some. Maybe not exactly like glass but it feels good to me.
It is cut to cover the glass portion of the device only so it does not cover the speakers, but it does go right to the very edge of the glass.

It took me a couple tries to get it installed perfectly but now that it is on there I'm happy with it.

I think I'm sold. Is that the 'tech skin' line I see on amazon? I also see some horror stories on installation and not having enough of the fluid. Can you share your thoughts on that as well? Thanks a lot for all your input.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, after reading through this thread I still could not decide on one cover ? so I purchased two similarly priced covers; the Poetic Slimline in Navy and the Bear Motion 100% leather case in black. Here are the initial results:

Poetic Slimline:
Pros:
- Very slim
- Very open face: Does not cover any part of the speakers
- Like the dark color
- Looks sleek
- Pogocharer port open when case is closed
- Magnets visible just outside the N10 on the cover rather than on the N10 itself
- Sleep/Wake feature works ? seems to have stronger magnets than BearMotion

Cons:
- Somewhat heavy: Seems to be made of vinyl and it adds significant weight to the N10
- Sloppy Quality Control: There are several small glue stains on the cover & sides and one corner is not completely glued, so it may begin to peel later
- Very wobbly when trying to use the cover to keep the N10 upright on a table ? definitely need very flat surface
- Does not seem to add any protection to the N10 if dropped in the slightest: the frame of the cover is hard plastic (not rubber) and it is so tight that any drop/bump would seem to immediately transfer to the N10 ? in short it is minimalist in padding and would seem to be minimalist in protection if at all
- Inside material is smooth and thin which makes it somewhat slippery when holding the case open with one hand
- EXTREMELY difficult to take out of cover

BearMotion 100% Leather:
Pros:
- Looks professional with Black Leather and stitching (rather than just glue) around perimeter of case
- Leather seems to offer a bit more protection from drops/bumps than Slimline ? though, while appearing to add some protection, it is not to be confused with an Otterbox for example.
- Pogocharer port open when case is closed and cutouts seem appropriate
- Cover does fold back all the way: I believe someone posted that the leather does not fold back so as to make it more convenient to hold one-handed. In fact it does fold back without resistance and the material with 3 sewn stripes inside the cover makes it easy to hold one handed
- It is very sturdy when using the cover to keep the N10 upright on a flat surface and has three viewing angles. Have placed it on top of books/papers without any problem.
- Sleep/Wake feature works, but magnets do not appear to be as strong as those on Slimline
- BearMotion responded very quickly on Facebook to questions

Cons:
- Somewhat more bulky than Slimline ? while not exactly a con, it should be noted that in comparison it is thicker, but not uncomfortably thicker ? for me this is a neutral issue
- Biggest complaint would be that the speakers are somewhat covered by the case
- There are a few noticeable dimples on the leather ? though not a deal breaker per se, especially at the price, it is annoying --- so, not astoundingly great quality control, but better than Poetic it would seem
- The circular magnets are noticeable in the holding straps of the case as their shape protrudes from atop the N10

Preliminary Conclusion:
At this early point, I am leaning toward the BearMotion mainly because it offers at least some protection from the occasional bump and it has better functionality when holding N10 upright; however, the fact that the speakers are covered is a annoying as are the visible shapes of the magnets on the straps. In contrast, it is worth noting that the vinyl-like material (not to mention the glue) of the Poetic seems like it will not last as long as the leather of the BearMotion when constantly opening/closing case. However, I will keep using them and will try and keep everyone updated if time allows.

Last edited:

jigsawhc

Apr 11, 2011
www.xblaratings.com
I think I'm sold. Is that the 'tech skin' line I see on amazon? I also see some horror stories on installation and not having enough of the fluid. Can you share your thoughts on that as well? Thanks a lot for all your input.

Yes, this one one Amazon. I had plenty of fluid in the bottle they sent for my 3 tries to get it perfect. You do want to get plenty of fluid on there for it to move around easily so you can get it just right. They show it in their instruction video on how to install too that you want a lot. Because the speakers are on the front I used some blue painters tape to cover them to keep the liquid out, but I'm not sure that was really needed. You could probably just be careful and push it all towards the top/bottom of the screen as well.

bigwilly087

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Just got the bear motion and I love it. Like a previous poster there were a couple dimples in the leather but not limited deal breaker. Covers a tiny portion of the speaker, not an issue imo. It's the only case I could find where it could stand at multiple angles by leaning on its front cover (very useful for use while laying down), without having to remove the bottom two corners from the case. Still stays plenty thin. I got the brown one btw, looks and feels very well made.

jkel777

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Poetic Bluetooth Removable Keyboard case. It's only 35 bucks on Amazon at the moment, but I got it for 28. Amazing deal for a bluetooth keyboard and a case for the Nexus 10. It's not perfect, but for such a bargain it gets the job done.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

btrotta

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I got the Poetic Durabook cover from Amazon.

It's exactly what I was looking for. I like a case that gives me a lot of protection and I am not too concerned about the thickness. The front and rear covers are nicely padded and the corners of the tablet are pretty well protected. I really like that the tablet is held into the frame by velcro. One of the cases for my old Xoom had nothing holding the bottom of the tablet into the frame and I nearly dropped the Xoom several times because of it.

Those of you who think slimmer is better when it comes to cases will want to look elsewhere.

The case has options for multiple viewing angles, so you should be able to find a comfortable, glare free position no matter where you are sitting.

Shipping was phenomenal. I ordered it on Monday night and it made it from California to Connecticut in time for delivery Thursday.

I ordered the 1 cent Roocase at the same time and I am still waiting for it. I am eager to see what it is like.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I got the Poetic Durabook cover from Amazon.

It's exactly what I was looking for. I like a case that gives me a lot of protection and I am not too concerned about the thickness. The front and rear covers are nicely padded and the corners of the tablet are pretty well protected. I really like that the tablet is held into the frame by velcro. One of the cases for my old Xoom had nothing holding the bottom of the tablet into the frame and I nearly dropped the Xoom several times because of it.

Those of you who think slimmer is better when it comes to cases will want to look elsewhere.

The case has options for multiple viewing angles, so you should be able to find a comfortable, glare free position no matter where you are sitting.

Shipping was phenomenal. I ordered it on Monday night and it made it from California to Connecticut in time for delivery Thursday.

I ordered the 1 cent Roocase at the same time and I am still waiting for it. I am eager to see what it is like.

This was on my list to consider, but could not tell from the pictures whether there was a cutout for a pogocharger - is there one? Can you charge it with the case closed when/if the pogocharger is released?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1