Nexus 10 Case

pbateman_as

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Why exactly were you disappointed?

For many of the same reasons I've seen in other posts. Too tight of a fit, access to some of the buttons, build quality and a little bit of bulkiness. The MoKo arrived already and it seems better than the Poetic. Not as tight of a fit, better quality and seems slimmer. I'll give it a shot. Really just wish there was an OEM Smart Cover.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
i saw this case by MoKo on amazon:
MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Google Nexus 10

i also found a comparison video between the MoKo Ultra Slim and Poetic Slimline:
Moko Ultra-Slim vs Poetic Slimline Case Review

does anyone know where i can buy the MoKo case instead of amazon? shipping to canada costs more than the case...
The Moko looks nice, but it seems to have no opening for the pogo charger - other than leaving the case open while charging. Also, am not a fan of that shiny piece of metal so close to the screen. However, on a positive note, by looking at the video, the Moko case appears to have better build quality than the Poetic slimline and it appears to fit better - the Poetic is unreasonably too tight (at least the one I purchased is, but it seems other people have the same problem too).

I have been using the Bear Motion, but it has started to fray near the pogo port opening and am disappointed - especially since a simple stitch in the area would have likely prevented this. It seems that there is no solid cover for the N10- at least not yet.

In regards to shipping in Canada, sorry man, no suggestions other than Amazon or Overstock.com (O.co).

abdwerks

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I just received the poetic slim line case/cover and i do not like it for the following reasons the case is extremely tight fitting im afraid it will damage device in long run and it is heavy/bulky . it makes device not feel ?sleek and thin? .When I'm using my device the screen cover just flaps around the edges are somewhat sharp where the port cut outs are and are not comfortable to hold in your hands for a long time. Also as a previous poster had mentioned the galaxy tab 10.1 official leather pouch will fit the nexus 10 but it DOES NOT fit I wish it would because it is a nice place to put tablet when not in use. Right now im using a neoprene net book case sleeve I found out personally it is more comfortable for me to hold my nexus bare with no cases. I just love the thin profile and soft grippy finish and all these cases cover it up and make it bulky and uncomfortable .i dont watch movies on my tablet so i dont need a stand. Sometimes i prop the tablet up on my tv remote so its not laying flat. when I'm not using it simply put it in netbook sleeve

Last edited:

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I just received the poetic slim line case/cover and i do not like it for the following reasons the case is extremely tight fitting im afraid it will damage device in long run and it is heavy/bulky . it makes device not feel ?sleek and thin? .When I'm using my device the screen cover just flaps around the edges are somewhat sharp where the port cut outs are and are not comfortable to hold in your hands for a long time. Also as a previous poster had mentioned the galaxy tab 10.1 official leather pouch will fit the nexus 10 but it DOES NOT fit I wish it would because it is a nice place to put tablet when not in use. Right now im using a neoprene net book case sleeve I found out personally it is more comfortable for me to hold my nexus bare with no cases. I just love the thin profile and soft grippy finish and all these cases cover it up and make it bulky and uncomfortable .i dont watch movies on my tablet so i dont need a stand. Sometimes i prop the tablet up on my tv remote so its not laying flat. when I'm not using it simply put it in netbook sleeve

The poetic slim case doesn't fit that snuggly, well at least mine doesn't. I love mine but may get the moko because I like the orange color they have haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The poetic slim case doesn't fit that snuggly, well at least mine doesn't. I love mine but may get the moko because I like the orange color they have haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My Poetic Slimline grips the N10 like a vice - very very difficult to take off. Indeed, as Abdweks just noted, it is so tight that it seems as if it may do damage if used long term. Also, the build quality is suspect. Regardless, it is a shame, because it does look real nice and I like that the N10 face is open. Sadly, a very good looking case with quality concerns. I imagine that many would pay a few dollars more for a better product.

Kai Ponte

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how this would work. First of all the removable cover piece is on the opposite side of the pogo port so it would have to cover the back of the device to reach the pogo port [which I've never seen reported is expected to do anything other than charge the device]. Now if you use the removable cover piece side as the "hinge" side for your Keyboard cover then you wind up with the front facing camera at the bottom of the screen as well as restrict acess to the power and volume buttons. End result is a Bluetooth keyboard.

Sorry, just noticed the reply.

I would have to look closer at a surface to see how theirs works. I have the iBlason case. However, I've taken the device out, simply because holding it is easier without the case.

it woyd be a bummer to be forced to use a Bluetooth keyboard. I wish they'd thought of an integrated keyboard. Thumb Keyboard works well but I'd like something faster.

7BJmhmBm

There should be an image above...

[BOX][/BOX]

Okay, added attachment ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-19-21-24-34284699178.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-19-21-24-34284699178.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
SO I listened to you guys in your recent posts and I cancelled my Poetic Slimline order that had been sitting in limbo in my Amazon account for 4 days, waiting to be shipped, and instead ordered the Moko case. I'm due to receive the Moko on Tuesday. I hope its as great a solution as everyone says. I too wish there were some OFFICIAL options, but for $8.00 on Amazon, the Moko case seems like a great "in the meantime" option.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
And the saga continues. Poetic never answered my question as to why it was sent back, so they shipped it AGAIN via USPS. And now another week is lost as USPS never even attempted delivery and sent it right back across the country to Poetic again. Lovely.

So I give them my work address AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS. I don't know what kind of stupidity is at Poetic or if it is a scam or what. But I am DONE WITH THIS CRAP.

I told them to refund my money immediately because I am placing an order for the Moko case. Amazon.com: MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet by Samsung, BLACK (with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep): Computers & Accessories

kalebk07

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
So I give them my work address AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS. I don't know what kind of stupidity is at Poetic or if it is a scam or what. But I am DONE WITH THIS CRAP.

I told them to refund my money immediately because I am placing an order for the Moko case. Amazon.com: MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet by Samsung, BLACK (with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep): Computers & Accessories

Sorry you are having so much trouble :( I hope the Moko case gets shipped to you fairly quickly and you enjoy it!!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Ouch, no worries you may have dodged a bullet anyway - you do not have to deal with returns! However, let us know what you think about the Moko cover - especially that metal piece on the cover. Maybe I am too picky, but I still have not found a solid case for the N10.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

I was really looking forward to your thoughts on the poetic... well at least I know I can expect an honest answer from you about the chrome plate on the Mako.

joeg829

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
No one has looked the the Trax by Devicewear for Google Nexus 10? I have been reading the posts and comment about features and I have found this a great cover. Not the slim fit as the MoKo but it offers protections on each side. Speaker are unobstructed, all ports accessible. Best of all no odor as others have commented about cases.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
No one has looked the the Trax by Devicewear for Google Nexus 10? I have been reading the posts and comment about features and I have found this a great cover. Not the slim fit as the MoKo but it offers protections on each side. Speaker are unobstructed, all ports accessible. Best of all no odor as others have commented about cases.

Looks real nice, but the case appears to cover the notification light at the bottom - does it?

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'll give a +1 on the Bear Motion case. I've had mine a few weeks now and am very happy with the fit and quality.

Overall, I still like it I suppose (mostly because I cannot find something better), but I noticed that fraying has begun near the pogo port opening - it appears the inside lining is beginning to separate from the cover. Is yours still completely sealed?

x Pervy Sage

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Looks real nice, but the case appears to cover the notification light at the bottom - does it?

Every case covers the notification light when closed, don't they? There are some that have holes for it when the cover is off the screen... but if you have the screen open and are using your tablet, there is no purpose for the notification light?

Anyways, that Trax case looks pretty nice. Everyone so far has posted a 5 star review on it. Interesting.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Every case covers the notification light when closed, don't they? There are some that have holes for it when the cover is off the screen... but if you have the screen open and are using your tablet, there is no purpose for the notification light?

Anyways, that Trax case looks pretty nice. Everyone so far has posted a 5 star review on it. Interesting.

Fair point, but sometimes, I leave my case open with the Nexus in an upright landscape mode on my desk, especially when charging - as if it were on a dock. In these types of situations, it is convenient to see a pulsing light notification without actually having to wake up the N10 and check.

Yes, it looks good and has received good reviews, but the number of reviews is not that great - so it may be too small of a sample size. Honestly, I like the way it looks and would likely give it a try if they provided an opening for the notification light.

pbateman_as

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Ouch, no worries you may have dodged a bullet anyway - you do not have to deal with returns! However, let us know what you think about the Moko cover - especially that metal piece on the cover. Maybe I am too picky, but I still have not found a solid case for the N10.

So far so good with the MoKo and no issues with the metal piece on the cover.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance