Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 18 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Default Nexus 10 Case

What are people doing to keep their new toys safe and looking good?

Default Re: Nexus 10 Case

With gorilla glass on one side and decent plastic on the other, I'm not going to worry at first, but eventually it will be necessary to stand the thing up and protect the screen a little. I'm jealous of the Surface owners with their stands and flip keyboards, so something similar is what I plan on getting eventually--hopefully some possibilities will become available. The flip part doesn't need to be a keyboard, just protect the screen, since the keyboard doesn't need to physically attach--I favor the K810 there. Currently I just throw everything in a backpack, but if good flippers take a while to show up, I'll probably try the i-BLASON temporarily.

I really liked the official case from Samsung for the Note 10.1

Very thin, book cover type case. But it was way too much for what it was, and the fact that it didn't have the smart cover capabilities. But I would still buy that kind again if Samsung makes one for this. The smart cover would make it worth it, in the end.

I will probably get a sleeve similar to what was released for the galaxy note 10.1 OG until Google comes out with some official accessories

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

I don't like bulky cases, I do like the book case but wish it had some sort of folding stand included like the smart covers.

Don't hold yourselves to tablet cases and sleeves.

I got what was called a "HP mini laptop sleeve"

HewlettPackard WV594AA - Best Buy

Cheap, very lightweight, soft, has an extra pocket on the front, cheap, it says HP on it, but the best part is, it was cheap. And best of all (next to being cheap) it protects my tf101 really well. I'll be keeping this for use with the n10. Sorry to whoever I sell the Asus to.

Anyway, don't limit yourself to tablet accessories in your search.

I have the Poetic case and screen protector for my N7, and it will be at least mid December before I can pick up an N10. Hopefully Poetic will have a case and screen protector for the N10 by the time I am ready to purchase.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the Poetic case and screen protector for my N7, and it will be at least mid December before I can pick up an N10. Hopefully Poetic will have a case and screen protector for the N10 by the time I am ready to purchase.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Dont feel sorry, the Surface owners bought a disaster of a tablet. The screen is garbage, there are no apps, it doesnt run window programs and the cool looking keyboard/case is built like dog , they have been cracking and breaking left and right. Feel happy that you didn't fall for the hype win8 tablets and phones are going to be a huge failure
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by samagon View Post
    Don't hold yourselves to tablet cases and sleeves.

I got what was called a "HP mini laptop sleeve"

HewlettPackard WV594AA - Best Buy

Cheap, very lightweight, soft, has an extra pocket on the front, cheap, it says HP on it, but the best part is, it was cheap. And best of all (next to being cheap) it protects my tf101 really well. I'll be keeping this for use with the n10. Sorry to whoever I sell the Asus to.

Anyway, don't limit yourself to tablet accessories in your search.
    People dont need a useless sleeve or case. They want something that converts to a stand, protection isnt that important as it has gorilla glass. I just need a stand to watch video
    unglued94ta and roberts68 like this.

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Yes that's what I want somthing that covers the sreen that doubles as a stand, I don't need a crazy case to cover the whole device.

Quote Originally Posted by impulse101 View Post
    People dont need a useless sleeve or case. They want something that converts to a stand, protection isnt that important as it has gorilla glass. I just need a stand to watch video
    if you go back and read the OP, that's precisely what he asked for:

Quote Originally Posted by jzcombo View Post
    What are people doing to keep their new toys safe and looking good?
    Everybody has their own ideas on what they want to use to hold their device while they're carrying it around, you aren't as worried about it as some, but don't discount other people's suggestions because they don't line up with your needs.

I don't like to spend a lot of money on things that make the whole process complicated, and I like to think out of the box, so for a stand, you can always head out to a craft store and go to the section that has little tiny easel stands. They can be had for a few bucks and fold into nothing and weigh less than that. They don't look terrific, but they will do exactly the job you are looking for, be a stand for your device while you are watching video.

This Mini Easel is Simple to Set Up! This Display is Great for Retail Stores! Use This Mini Easel on Countertops!

I'm new here coming to Android from Apple and appreciate all the information I've read here.

I use a slip case for traveling as well as the stand case for day to day. I found the HP case less expensive on Amazon and thanks for the suggestion.

As to the iBlassen case linked above, it appears that it might cover the front facing speakers. The same company also makes a slim profile smart case but Amazon photo just shows a side view. Bt it looks like the speakers would be completely open with it.

Amazon.com: i-Blason Auto Sleep / Wake Google Nexus 10 Inch Tablet Slim folio Book Shell Case With Built in Stand Hard Back Cover 16GB 32GB 64GB (Black): Electronics

Does anyone have experience with their cases as they make them for most brands/sizes of tablets.

Shelly

This is either a new case or I didn't see it when I ordered the i-Blason. Canceled i-Blason and ordered this.

Amazon.com: Supcase Ultra Slim Fit Multi-angles Leather Cover Case for Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet (Purple) - Multiple Color Options: Office Products
    ~~Cindy~~
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ceyers50 View Post
    This is either a new case or I didn't see it when I ordered the i-Blason. Canceled i-Blason and ordered this.

Amazon.com: Supcase Ultra Slim Fit Multi-angles Leather Cover Case for Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet (Purple) - Multiple Color Options: Office Products
    Looks pretty good except what is "premium synthetic leather"?
    Fairiemom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    Looks pretty good except what is "premium synthetic leather"?
    That's a fancy name for better than the regular vinyl. I like the minimalist look and it will work until I can find the one in the video.
    ~~Cindy~~

ROM
    CM7.2 & 4.2 Jelly Bean

Lightbulb Re: Nexus 10 Case

If any of you happen to have an Amazon Kindle DX case, the Nexus 10 fits quite nicely in it. The rubbery back of the Nexus sticks to the cloth inside of the Kindle case so the Nexus doesn't slide around. I'm using this temporarily until one of the other cases is available, like the i-Blason or the Supercase mentioned before.

I put a case on everything but I'm really digging this thing nekkid. I'm really interested in the smart cover from Google if it's ever available (POGO charger, please). I will get some clear screen protectors, still paranoid about that.

I want this one if they get it for my new Nexus 10, Poetic brand with a hand strap.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...idcentral00-20

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

I also had the N7 Poetic case (sold it along with my N7) and loved it. That's probably the brand I'll get for the N10.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post

Wish they had a case similar to the HP case for the Touchpad. I really don't like cases that have those little hooks that holds the perimeter at a few points.

Here's a pic of the HP one. If anyone finds one similar to this please post it up.

Nexus 10 Case-263067-hp-touchpad-case-inside.jpg Nexus 10 Case-263071-hp-touchpad-case-viewing-angle.jpg

looks a little bulky.
    let us know when you get it how you like it.

Yes i'd buy a case like the one for the HP touchpad. its very sleek and thin for my liking. the thing about the N10 is that its not totally flat and curves upwards on the sides. i'm still waiting for other cases to appear.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,381 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peaches1998 View Post
    As to the iBlassen case linked above, it appears that it might cover the front facing speakers
    Nope. The only "active" part of the speakers is in the top portion. And that case has cutouts in that area. Not that I like the thing... a friend of mine has something similar on his Transformer. It adds 50% more weight and doubles the thickness.

I might be in the market for a *THIN* silicon "case" that helps to protect the back and sides when using it. Will always just travel with it in a simple sleeve of some sort.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    srosencrans likes this.

Global Posts
    667 Global Posts

What about the official cover? When will it be available?
Page 1 of 18 1234 ... LastLast