any luck at wal-mart or other retail stores?

regggie16

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone have any luck at walmart today or is the nexus 10 going to even be sold at retail stores? i tried two walmarts today and both of them had nothing.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Called a bunch of Walmarts. Nothing. Called corporate and gave them the number seen in the photo of the n10 seen early on a store shelf, and the said that number just went live yesterday. She said stores should hopefully start getting them in the next few days

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Paul Stanley1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I stopped in my local Staples in Michigan and the guy in charge didnt know anything about the release date. He thought it was next week. The google play website has the 16 GB version available but the 32 GB version is sold out

Chazinski

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Tried Walmarts in my area, one had a shelf tag on the shelf for the N10, but they scanned the tag and said there's no such item--it doesn't show up in their system at all. So they took the tag off the shelf. Officemax and Gamestop say they don't know anything. Staples said they don't have anything, but might be able to order it.

Where else should we be checking? Who has the N7? Those are the places we might hope would eventually get the N10, maybe.

miiike

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Who has the N7?

Walmart, Staples and Gamestop all have the N7, none seem to have any stock of the N10 or know when they will have any according to the various people posting about this (here, xda, reddit).

Walmart's twitter feed replied to someone asking about availability and they replied with Nov. 13th but that obviously didn't happen.

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Walmart, Staples and Gamestop all have the N7, none seem to have any stock of the N10 or know when they will have any according to the various people posting about this (here, xda, reddit).

Walmart's twitter feed replied to someone asking about availability and they replied with Nov. 13th but that obviously didn't happen.

I saw that. I Tweeted them separately twice after that and they never responded.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Not sure I'd waste time with Staples, GameStop, or OfficeMax. Google only announced Walmart:
Nexus 10: 16GB for $399; 32GB for $499; available on 11/13 in the Google Play Store in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Canada and Japan. You'll also be able to purchase the 32GB version in more than 2,000 Walmart stores in the U.S

I've also tweeted Walmart twice about it. Nothing. Saw that initial response to someone and got excited. They said it'd be on the website too and it's nowhere to be found.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
This is a GOOGLE sized cluster, how exactly could they misjudge the demand for the newest and best Nexus tablet and one that bests any iPad available today. Its sad and friggin pathetic.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Of course it doesn't best the iPad 4 in screen quality, speed, build quality, or apps but whatever you need to believe. Google isn't selling a ton of these because they make no profit from them, they don't want to further piss off their other hardware partners, and manufacturing and supply chain are not their strong point. I think they expect demand for a 10 inch tablet to be lower than the Nexus 7, also sold at cost, but for a lower price point. Also retailers have their shelves clogged up with 10 inch Android tablets nobody is buying so its not a priority for them. Having said all that my guess is we will start seeing them on store shelves within a few weeks,

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
TROLL! Go away!

Yea,,, he is a funny troll,,,, not the first troll post I have seen from him,,,, does this clown really think anyone pays any attention at all to any of his postings or does he just troll to try and piss people off,,,, hopefully his parents will take his ipad away from him,

Cheers
Davyo

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You don't pay attention to my posts yet you reply to them...odd.
You can always tell teenagers.
I have an iPad 4 and a Nexus 10. Also an iPhone 5 and a Nexus 4.
You could have tried actually refuting what I've said but I seriously doubt you know enough about iOS or Android to do so.

Yea,,, he is a funny troll,,,, not the first troll post I have seen from him,,,, does this clown really think anyone pays any attention at all to any of his postings or does he just troll to try and piss people off,,,, hopefully his parents will take his ipad away from him,

Cheers
Davyo

itsjose

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
FYI no luck at my local Walmart. They did have a Samsung Tab 10.1 which looks so similar. Will try Staples later today. If not, I'll be picking up a N7.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Build quality is "meh". That's to be expected though. It's a Samsung. The Nexus 7 has better build quality. I really wish that HTC would do a 10 inch Nexus tablet next year.

HTC has already pulled out of the Android tablet market.
HTC backing out of US tablet market - SlashGear

Other companies will too as Google is selling the Nexus 4, 7, and 10 at cost. Pretty hard to compete with that if you are an Android manufacturer already losing money. Which all of them are except Samsung and Samsung won't announce profits, only how many devices they shipped. Not sold, shipped.

itsjose

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No luck at Staples :c they were kinda clueless on the Nexus 10. But it is available on their website, with estimated shipment of a week to a month. UGGGH.

samagon

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Was at the local Walmart looking for a Nexus 7 to buy for my sister for Christmas (of course they were out), there were a few N10s boxed up behind glass. Just in case anyone was waiting to buy it in a store, rather than online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital