So I'm buying a tablet for absolutely NO other reason than comics.

Satellite#AC

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!

Soon as the N10s hit J&R I'll order.

I've only been reading a few years and now that I'm up to 100s of issues and 160 trades I see this is not sustainable.

Kinda sad b/c my shop is really awesome but I really need to save space.

Im in the same boat trades, singles that stuff adds up and you have closets or rooms full of crap. Ive gone digital with everything and comics digitally is a homerun for me.

By the way everyone thanks for the input it is greatly appreciated. I'm going to get the Nexus 10 when the 32GB is available.

sfreemanoh

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I smell a lot of dirty pirates in this thread. Thanks for killing the industry.

A lot of dirty pirates, eh? Comixology, Marvel, and Dark Horse apps are all paid-content-only apps; how, exactly, is this killing the industry?
Pretty sure he wasn't referring to the people recommending those apps, but the ones recommending the CBR/CBZ viewing apps. Since (afaik) the only way to get files of that type is by downloading them from file-sharing sites (or scanning the comics in yourself I guess).

Cdub100

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I would LOVE to use my free digital download from the marvel comics but I don't want to ruin the "value" by tearing off the sticker blocking the code. Sigh... there has to be a better way.

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure he wasn't referring to the people recommending those apps, but the ones recommending the CBR/CBZ viewing apps. Since (afaik) the only way to get files of that type is by downloading them from file-sharing sites (or scanning the comics in yourself I guess).

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant... thanks for reading between the lines.

DCrosskill

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a tablet essentially for comics and browsing and the occasional app, nothing too heavy like gaming. Price is also a factor for me. I'm tempted by the nexus 10 and ipad 4 but since the country I live in doesn't have a play store or apple store i'd have to buy either of these on amazon where the price is about $100 more. With that in mind, i'm thinking about the kindle fire hd 8.9" or the samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1". Does anyone have experience with these tablets when it comes to comics and browsing?

In addition, does anyone think we might see a price drop soon on the major tablets?

Last edited:

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a tablet essentially for comics and browsing and the occasional app, nothing too heavy like gaming. Price is also a factor for me. I'm tempted by the nexus 10 and ipad 4 but since the country I live in doesn't have a play store or apple store i'd have to buy either of these on amazon where the price is about $100 more. With that in mind, i'm thinking about the kindle fire hd 8.9" or the samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1". Does anyone have experience with these tablets when it comes to comics and browsing?

In addition, does anyone think we might see a price drop soon on the major tablets?

Sorry, I don't have experience with the tablets you specifically listed... however, I use ComiCat on my wifi Xoom (10 inch screen) -- functionality would be preserved across makers... and it works great on 10" screen :p I chose this app because it fetches things directly from my DropBox (other apps might also do that... I chose this one). Good hunting!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...abs.comicat&feature=nav_result&token=nC-F6oA6..
u1lnEkOf29Q35wDTVlKZlsfOLlzKSNE8Q4iIHowvA8EzGp4SJCyrkmQ-rvam3gXxu2A=w705

gfsockmonkey

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have experience with the tablets you specifically listed... however, I use ComiCat on my wifi Xoom (10 inch screen) -- functionality would be preserved across makers... and it works great on 10" screen :p I chose this app because it fetches things directly from my DropBox (other apps might also do that... I chose this one). Good hunting!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...abs.comicat&feature=nav_result&token=-La8AsmQ..
https://lh4.ggpht.com/u1lnEkOf29Q35wDTVlKZlsfOLlzKSNE8Q4iIHowvA8EzGp4SJCyrkmQ-rvam3gXxu2A=w705

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.rookiestudio.perfectviewer&token=hyU25DK2

perfect viewer looks like the same app only free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke