Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Default Re: POGO Charger

It does charge faster but not like 40% faster .

When I left a feedback on eBay there was other 45 people have left a positive feedback. As many others I got my cable on time ,you will get yours as well ,may take 12 days ,,no need to worry.

Thinking of purchasing this...what other advantages is there other than a faster charge?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by nDroid3 View Post
    Thinking of purchasing this...what other advantages is there other than a faster charge
    Easy to connect, charge while you play or watch video,you can use your USB for other stuff
    Thanked by:

well I keep looking for the pogo charger but it is not available anywhere I dont know what to search for on ebay, and on another note what is the power brick on the nexus 10 AMP? is it below 2 amps because it charges very slow, but no pogo cable available yet by google and relying on being available on ebay which are none at the moment.

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

www.pogocable.com

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Aredubu View Post
    Magnectic Pogo Cable – MagNector

thanks ordered one

Has anyone tried plugging the POGO into a USB on their computer and using it for data transmission and not just power?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by RaidV92C View Post
    Has anyone tried plugging the POGO into a USB on their computer and using it for data transmission and not just power?

Good question...

Someone did and its not transfaring data. I saw in xda developers

Quote Originally Posted by Aredubu View Post
    Magnectic Pogo Cable MagNector

I'm hesitant to buy the Pogo cable through this website, because the webite's not secure.
    kcad01 likes this.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Finally received the cable that I ordered on December 25. A late Christmas present? It comes as a registered letter so yo have to sign for it in person.

It works great with the Poetic hard back case which has a cut out at the pogo connector.

I can't comment on charging speed. I bought it to save on wear on the USB connector and because it disconnects easily if the charging cord is accidental pulled or has side force applied.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nDroid3 View Post
    Thinking of purchasing this...what other advantages is there other than a faster charge?

It is NOT, I repeat, NOT going to charge any faster using the 3rd party POGO adapter people are buying.It is just a different way of connecting your existing charger, its only a plug. Unless and until we get the actual POGO charger shown in this original post (i.e. one that uses the other pins to charge at a higher current / voltage), the 2 amp charger your Nexus 10 came with is the best you can do.

If for some reason you want to connect your existing charger using the POGO pins, by all means buy the 3rd party adapter, but if you're looking for a faster charge, save your money!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH2 View Post
    It is NOT, I repeat, NOT going to charge any faster using the 3rd party POGO adapter people are buying.It is just a different way of connecting your existing charger, its only a plug. Unless and until we get the actual POGO charger shown in this original post (i.e. one that uses the other pins to charge at a higher current / voltage), the 2 amp charger your Nexus 10 came with is the best you can do.

If for some reason you want to connect your existing charger using the POGO pins, by all means buy the 3rd party adapter, but if you're looking for a faster charge, save your money!
    So this is what your testing has shown? I would be interested in seeing your numbers to compare against others.

Quote Originally Posted by bhcohen7 View Post
    I'm hesitant to buy the Pogo cable through this website, because the webite's not secure.
    You can purchase there using PayPal to help with your security concerns.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I ordered this because I wanted a secondary location for charging my N10. I did not realize that it was just the cable and did not include the power brick. Boy, do I feel stupid.
    What do I look for in getting a power brick to plug this in to? Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by nicobie View Post
    That's because it isn't a charger, just a plug that you use with the charger the N10 came with. It might be more durable than the micro usb connector though...
    Eh? I've never had a USB socket fail in all my years. What a waste of money.

I have news for you it is charge faster !
    I have the cable . I have tested.

And what real pogo cable are you talking about ? And why don't you just wait for that your self!,

Quote Originally Posted by jims52 View Post
    I ordered this because I wanted a secondary location for charging my N10. I did not realize that it was just the cable and did not include the power brick. Boy, do I feel stupid.
    What do I look for in getting a power brick to plug this in to? Any recommendations?
    Maybe the one that came with your tablet?

Haha

If you took the time to actually read my post instead of just firing off a wise a$$ answer you would notice the word "secondary" as in
    "to have a second charging station". Since my device only came with one power brick your reply is less than helpful.

But hey, thanks for the effort.

If you took the time to actually read my post instead of just firing off a wise a$$ answer you would notice the word "secondary" as in
    "to have a second charging station". Since my device only came with one power brick your reply is less than helpful.

But hey, thanks for the effort.
    Try powergen 3.1 charger people seems to like it you can get it at amazon.

You get more info at xda developer...

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 &Cyanogen 7.2

This is my secondary charger. http://www.isound.net/shop-by-model/...16000-mah.html

Sent from my N10 using Tapatalk HD
    My Toys
    Google Nexus 10 JB 4.3
    Galaxy S4 JB 4.2
    Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.3
    Moto Droid Cyanogen 7.2
    Wife's Stuff
    Galaxy Note II JB 4.2
    Galaxy S II ICS 4.0.3
    Galaxy Tab II 10.1 JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by johnyguy#AC View Post
    Try powergen 3.1 charger people seems to like it you can get it at amazon.

You get more info at xda developer...

Thank you, I'll check it out.

Mine shipped on January 7th and still hasn't arrived. When I look at tracking it indicates the United Kingdom as destination country, but I live in the United States. Not expecting it anytime soon.
    jumb likes this.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast