POGO Charger

RaidV92C

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried plugging the POGO into a USB on their computer and using it for data transmission and not just power?

Inquiring minds want to know.

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Finally received the cable that I ordered on December 25. A late Christmas present? It comes as a registered letter so yo have to sign for it in person.

It works great with the Poetic hard back case which has a cut out at the pogo connector.

I can't comment on charging speed. I bought it to save on wear on the USB connector and because it disconnects easily if the charging cord is accidental pulled or has side force applied.

PaulH2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of purchasing this...what other advantages is there other than a faster charge?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
It is NOT, I repeat, NOT going to charge any faster using the 3rd party POGO adapter people are buying.It is just a different way of connecting your existing charger, its only a plug. Unless and until we get the actual POGO charger shown in this original post (i.e. one that uses the other pins to charge at a higher current / voltage), the 2 amp charger your Nexus 10 came with is the best you can do.

If for some reason you want to connect your existing charger using the POGO pins, by all means buy the 3rd party adapter, but if you're looking for a faster charge, save your money!

RaidV92C

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
It is NOT, I repeat, NOT going to charge any faster using the 3rd party POGO adapter people are buying.It is just a different way of connecting your existing charger, its only a plug. Unless and until we get the actual POGO charger shown in this original post (i.e. one that uses the other pins to charge at a higher current / voltage), the 2 amp charger your Nexus 10 came with is the best you can do.

If for some reason you want to connect your existing charger using the POGO pins, by all means buy the 3rd party adapter, but if you're looking for a faster charge, save your money!

So this is what your testing has shown? I would be interested in seeing your numbers to compare against others.

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered this because I wanted a secondary location for charging my N10. I did not realize that it was just the cable and did not include the power brick. Boy, do I feel stupid. :-[
What do I look for in getting a power brick to plug this in to? Any recommendations?

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I have news for you it is charge faster !
I have the cable . I have tested.

And what real pogo cable are you talking about ? And why don't you just wait for that your self!,

RaidV92C

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I ordered this because I wanted a secondary location for charging my N10. I did not realize that it was just the cable and did not include the power brick. Boy, do I feel stupid. :-[
What do I look for in getting a power brick to plug this in to? Any recommendations?
Maybe the one that came with your tablet?

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the one that came with your tablet?

If you took the time to actually read my post instead of just firing off a wise a$$ answer you would notice the word "secondary" as in
"to have a second charging station". Since my device only came with one power brick your reply is less than helpful.

But hey, thanks for the effort.

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
If you took the time to actually read my post instead of just firing off a wise a$$ answer you would notice the word "secondary" as in
"to have a second charging station". Since my device only came with one power brick your reply is less than helpful.

But hey, thanks for the effort.

Try powergen 3.1 charger people seems to like it you can get it at amazon.

You get more info at xda developer...

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site

pbateman_as

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine shipped on January 7th and still hasn't arrived. When I look at tracking it indicates the United Kingdom as destination country, but I live in the United States. Not expecting it anytime soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463