Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By circleinsideabox
  • 1 Post By Ross Cheeseright
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 10 making humming sound :(

My Nexus 10 is making a small humming/buzzing sound near the volume buttons. It only emits the sound with the screen ON. I will have to call Google ASAP, this is not a good sign........
    It's because of the screen because when I adjust the brightness, the sound changes as I am adjusting...

Default Re: Nexus 10 making humming sound :(

well im happy you got your device , still waiting for mine . but this is much worse if the device is deffective. i rather be waiting for my device then a deffective device. sorry to hear that man. hope all is well
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Just got off the phone with Google and they were awesome! I will have to order a new tablet (which I won't get charged for but I will have that 399 hold on my credit card until they receive the old one)...so I will never be without my device.
    The guy confirmed that I have a manufacturer defect with the screen board actually touching the speakers.

Well that stinks but at least they taking care of it for you.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Mine is completely quiet so you definitely got a bad one.

Thanks for coming back on this one. I have the same problem. Going to call them after boxing day. A lot of people just get their answer and then never visit the forum again! I

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I had the same problem, and Google will replace my unit. They claimed not to have heard of the issue before, but were more than willing to send a replacement unit.

OMFG received mine from US 2 days ago ... Im in Colombia and have the same problem loud low pitched sound with low light (discovered on the bathroom while ehem...reading haha) high pitched low sound with brightest screen level ...fortunately the tablet came with damaged corner apparently from a fall to the floor so im getting a compensation for the total price of the tablet from the ups subsidiary company..and get to keep it... since none of your tablet fell to the ground im now assuming fall is not the reason of screen screech ....RMA its out of the question... Will there be another solution toy this? Im watching vídeos of n10 dissasembly and its very easy...or should i just let it be since apart from the noise the tablet works flawlessly and im getting all of the money back??
    PS sry for my english...

Hi everybody,

I live in Belgium and I bought a Nexus 10 in San Fransisco to SAMPLES the 27/01/2013. Unfortunately, back to my country, my Nexus 10 is making a small humming/buzzing sound when I adjust the brightness of the screen.

Is it possible to repair it? What about the warranty?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by furcisiculo View Post
    Hi everybody,

I live in Belgium and I bought a Nexus 10 in San Fransisco to SAMPLES the 27/01/2013. Unfortunately, back to my country, my Nexus 10 is making a small humming/buzzing sound when I adjust the brightness of the screen.

Is it possible to repair it? What about the warranty?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Hae you updated to 4.2.2 to see if that resolves the problem?
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    Hae you updated to 4.2.2 to see if that resolves the problem?
    It is a hardware problem, not a software problem.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

how can you be sure it is in furcisiculo's case? I have seen what appear to be hardware problems turn out to be software.

If it is indeed a hardware problem, and the poster I quoted is in Belgium and purchased it at Staples [I think SAMPLES may be a translation error] in the US they are going to have a hard time obtaining an exchange/repair.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012

how can you be sure it is in furcisiculo's case? I have seen what appear to be hardware problems turn out to be software.

If it is indeed a hardware problem, and the poster I quoted is in Belgium and purchased it at Staples [I think SAMPLES may be a translation error] in the US they are going to have a hard time obtaining an exchange/repair.
    I see what you mean.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Lol Kind of late to the table. Bought the nexus 10 yesterday. I was so excited that I didn't notice the noise. Come next day I wake, grabbed the thing to check my email and what do I hear!??? Hahaha went straight back to the place I bought and got another one. Got back to my car and opened the damn thing and turned it on and what do I hear!??? Oh we'll screw Sammy and google. Not gonna play their games. It's a shame because the tablet is fantastic. No sluggishness. I actually felt like if it was a pc when browsing. Oh well, guess ill go with apple. Really didn't want too since they are so restrictive but for watching movies and browsing and music no android tablet can beat it. I love my galaxy s4 though.

Seems odd you would get 2 with this same defect when so many of us don't have that problem at all. To date only 6 people have even posted of that problem. I wonder if there was a problem with the "staples" batch of N10s.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012

Got one of our N 10s from Staples. No humming.

lol 2 in a row? how about 3??? yep...and i didn't get it @staples .... went back to get another after 5 days. same thing. that noise when adjusting the brightness. Now I'm thinking people might have it with their tablets but don't pay attention... the noise is not that bad unless you want to record sound... really bad =( since the mic is right next to it

So WHERE did you buy it from???
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetPluto7 View Post
    Got one of our N 10s from Staples. No humming.
    the humming can be heard in (a) quiet place (b) when adjusting brightness (c) left top corner

So WHERE did you buy it from???
    i got it @ walmart. wondering if they got the "bad" batch. lol staples was out of them. No one else is carrying them. Not Best Buy. Not Frys. By the way i said no to apple. I'm waiting for the ASUS 'NEW' infinity. Although if they turn out to manufacture another product like the Infinity TF700, screw them too. lol that tablet was a P.O.S. Only nice thing that it had was the screen and brightness. My galaxy s3 was faster than that scrap metal. lol (sorry for posting this here, i know )

Quote Originally Posted by XCORPIO1021 View Post
    i got it @ walmart. wondering if they got the "bad" batch. lol staples was out of them. No one else is carrying them. Not Best Buy. Not Frys. By the way i said no to apple. I'm waiting for the ASUS 'NEW' infinity. Although if they turn out to manufacture another product like the Infinity TF700, screw them too. lol that tablet was a P.O.S. Only nice thing that it had was the screen and brightness. My galaxy s3 was faster than that scrap metal. lol (sorry for posting this here, i know )
    There's also this. Samsung said to make the next Nexus 10, coming in 'the near future' | Android Central

wow, lets hope again. hehehe

Purely theoretical: Could google have asus and sammy co-design and co-manufacture a 10" Nexus and flood the market with it?
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012

Hej i got the same problem
    But now the humming sound is gone but there is no sound anymore or vibration and the audio jack isnt working either got the same problem earlier but sound and vibration came back. So if anybody has the same problem please help me i'm from belgian and got my nexus 10 from the us so can't take it back to the store
    Thx

Greets danny