Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Got my Nexus 10 - display issue

I received my Nexus 10 today and basically love it. However, I noticed that the brightness of the display keeps fading in and out. Anyone else noticed this issue? Suggestions on how to fix? Not a major issue, but is kind of irritating.

after posting this I found in the display settings this setting: Pulse notification light, and the option was checked. I unchecked it and will see if that resolves the issue. At least the brightness has stayed the same while I was typing this. nope, there it went. So that wasn't it.
    Last edited by taylorjet2@gmail.com; 11-16-2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: possible solution

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB 7/19 build

Default Re: Got my Nexus 10 - display issue

Do you have Automatic Brightness enabled?

Not sure how the Menu is setup, but possibly Settings>Display>Brightness>Uncheck Automatic Brightness
    Nexus running .............
    Coming from a 2 1/2 year old BB Tour

Did you turn off the auto brightness?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well duh!!! Yes I did. Now unchecked. We'll see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the suggestion.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Pulse notification light is the for the small light in bottom center of tablet that pulses on and off when you get an email or other notification. It has nothing to do with the screen. I always turn off auto brightness on all my phones and tablets, I've noticed problems with auto brightness on lots of android and also windows phone devices.

I leave it off and now with the quick settings it's easy enough to change it without an app widget or anything.

thanks so much for this that really help. Drove me crazy and I couldn't find the radio button for that option.