My Full Video Review & Walkthrough of the Nexus 10

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I was also wondering can you use a pen with it like with the Galaxy Note 10.1. I like that option.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I've used a stylus on the N10 for things like Draw Something - and it works great - but I have not had a chance to use any note taking programs that make use of a stylus over the keyboard. If you have a program / app in mind, let me know and I can test it out for you.

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I've used a stylus on the N10 for things like Draw Something - and it works great - but I have not had a chance to use any note taking programs that make use of a stylus over the keyboard. If you have a program / app in mind, let me know and I can test it out for you.

Excellent walkthrough and review, thank you!

Could you try Papyrus Beta for note-taking? Note-taking is going to be a big decision for me in whether to buy the N10 or not. Thank you in advance.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Excellent walkthrough and review, thank you!

Could you try Papyrus Beta for note-taking? Note-taking is going to be a big decision for me in whether to buy the N10 or not. Thank you in advance.

I am planning to shoot a follow up / Part 2 video later today and will try to cover note taking.

I'm also going to cover gaming, Google Now and a few other things. So if people want me to cover anything not addressed in the first video, let me know!

Also, what games would people like to see? Preferably something free ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The note taking won't be like the Galaxy Note. Those devices have a special WACOM digitizer to use the S-pen. With that said it should be like any other tablet wit a capacitive touchscreen.

To be honest though I have never tried a stylus on a capcitive screen so I don't have a good way to compare.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded Papyrus Beta for the follow up video, also going to use Dead Trigger to spotlight games, along with some more casual ones (Angry Birds Star Wars etc) and show off Google Now a little. That should cover the stuff I accidentally left out of the first video. Thanks guys :)

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Just finished recording Part 2, roughly another 30 minutes, it's uploading now. Will probably create a new post with both videos, so that people who are interested can watch one after the other. Took into account many of the comments and questions from the forum, as well as those posted to the video on YouTube.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, here is Part 2, which I shot earlier today. In it, I cover gaming, Google Now, Google Earth, note taking and a few other features that people asked me about. Thanks!

schulzjt

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Same for movies. If I am traveling for work, I'll simply side-load a few movies (we usually buy Blu-Ray with digital copies) and I'll just delete them when I get back, but still have them if I want to re-install them again.

Thanks for the great review, I would like to know how to "side-load" the digital copies from a Blue-Ray, Can you tell me how it's done? Thank you !

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the great review, I would like to know how to "side-load" the digital copies from a Blue-Ray, Can you tell me how it's done? Thank you !

No problem, it's pretty easy actually. When you get a digital copy of a movie, you simply activate it for Windows (not Mac / iTunes) and download it to your computer. From there, just attach the micro-USB to your computer - while connected to the N10 - and it will come up as a drive on your computer that you can access all of your files on the tablet. Simply drag and drop the movie from your computer into the appropriate folder on your Nexus 10.

I don't have it connected right now, but likely it will be a "Media" or "Videos" file. Once you drop it into the file, let it do it's thing until the transfer is complete and you'll see the movie in the "Movies" section on the Nexus, or under the "Personal Videos" tab when you launch Google Movies app.

peaches1998

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for another great video. I tried to get Google Now to send some emails for me but got a No Contacts screen up. Is there an address book? How do I establish a list of contacts? I assume that the app used for mail will be Gmail as opposed to my more often used regular email, which I have entered into the N10.

Also, does the Notification pull down on the left top automatically show emails from both of my email accounts or do I have to go into a settings menu?

Thanks again, not only for your videos but for answering the many followup questions in this thread.

Shelly

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Since my Nexus died this morning I had time to watch part 1. Great review...thanks! Looking forward to part 2.

I don't want to get in trouble for posting a link to my YouTube channel directly in the forums, however if you visit it, I have since recorded Part 2 and Part 3 of my video review. :)

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for another great video. I tried to get Google Now to send some emails for me but got a No Contacts screen up. Is there an address book? How do I establish a list of contacts? I assume that the app used for mail will be Gmail as opposed to my more often used regular email, which I have entered into the N10.

Also, does the Notification pull down on the left top automatically show emails from both of my email accounts or do I have to go into a settings menu?

Thanks again, not only for your videos but for answering the many followup questions in this thread.

Shelly

Thanks for the feedback and for your questions. :) Yes, Google Now can pull up your contacts from Gmail. For instance, say "Email <person's name>" and a contact card should pop up with their contact info and email. Simply tap the card and it will pull up your Gmail account and allow you to start comping the message. If your contacts are not coming up, go into settings and sync your Google & Gmail accounts again.

Your notification shade will display messages from all of your email accounts, provided you have them set up. You have your gmail, but you can also go into "mail" (separate setting from gmail) and set up a new POP or IMAP account for other emails. Since I use gmail services for my website address (still displays dana@stimulatedboredom.com), it becomes unified in my gmail app and notifications. Therefore, when I launch gmail, I can select (via a pull down) between my personal and website emails. In the notifications bar, it will clearly display separate emails for each account to make it easier to see which ones received emails and will launch the appropriate screen when I tap on them. You can even set up separate email widgets to display the inbox of any of your email accounts, including the unified gmail. So I have a widget for personal email and another for my website email, that I can access and see quickly via the widgets.

peaches1998

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again for the explanation. Since all of my Contacts are in my other (not Gmail) account, I thought that they would be synched to Google as well. I will start using Gmail to establish a Contacts list which should enable me to use GoogleNow on the tablet.

Shelly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC