Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Full Video Review & Walkthrough of the Nexus 10

For those interested:

In this video I review the Google Nexus 10 tablet by Samsung, including a breakdown of the specs, tour of the device and a demonstration of everything from how movies, music, books, magazines, web surfing, apps and reading comic books look on the gorgeous 2560 x 1600 (300 ppi) HD high resolution screen.

(UPDATE: Since this original post, I have created 3 video reviews, in which I address many of the things people asked for in the forums and comment sections)

Thanks for watching, I hope it's helpful for those still considering a purchase of the N10
    Last edited by stimulatedboredom; 11-23-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Thanked by 9:
    Preach2k, qnet and Craig King like this.

Default Re: My Full Video Review & Walkthrough of the Nexus 10

Great review, thanks.
    Looking forward to Monday when UPS shows up at my door.
    Looks like my Galaxy Tab 7 plus will be gathering dust or relegated to a travel tablet.
    Thanked by:

Wow, over thirty minutes! I'd say that's comprehensive!

Great Review!!
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ShanMan14 View Post
    Wow, over thirty minutes! I'd say that's comprehensive!
    Yeah, I really wanted to cover more bases than many of the review videos I saw that were always too short or just gave a generic mini tour...whereas I prefer to see more things in action (i.e. how do books & comics look, video etc). It is mostly meant for those who are wondering if they should buy it and want to see more before making a decision.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Awesome review
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I forgot to demonstrate gaming and Google Now in my video, so I may shoot a follow up in order to include those things. Let me know if there is anything else I neglected to mention in the review...thanks!
    slywalk likes this.

Hey great review! have you tried any emulators on it, possibly snes or N64? Mine is coming in monday but im not sure if I should open it because one of my main reasons for a tablet was having emulators and using a wiimote/ps3 controller with a OTG cable, But I read that no emulators are compatible with this device.. I've been searching for hours and can't find anything about it so I decided to ask youtubers. It'd be great if you could let me know, thanks!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I haven't tried an emulator yet, but I did check the Google Play store and SuperGNES does not say it's incompatible and is available to install. Usually if an app is incompatible, it will say so in the Play store. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I haven't tried yet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

nice review. went in to many details and was a long review. liked that.

include multiuser support and show us the settings briefly.
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    nice review. went in to many details and was a long review. liked that.

include multiuser support and show us the settings briefly.
    Thanks

I may do a follow up video to include gaming, Google Now and dig into the settings a little further. I'm also noticing that sometimes the tablet will freeze and re-start. I am assuming there will be a future bug fix update coming out soon to address it, as I am sure, now that it is getting into people's hands, that Google is very interested in squashing any bugs ASAP.

Global Posts
    1,915 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Wow, thank you. That was the best video I've seen about the Nexus 10 thus far, much, much better than what I've seen on Youtube so far. You covered everything I wanted to see. I also make video reviews and I don't know how I'm going to live up to that LOL! I can't wait to get mine tomorrow.
    Thanked by:

I agree that your review was the best I have seen.

I learned about several features that I hadn't discovered on my own as I am new to Android.

Thanks.

Shelly
    Thanked by:

Excellent Review!!! Still trying to Decide between This and another Samsung 10.1 Tablet. I just wish this had a Micro SD and my mind would be made up.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by peaches1998 View Post
    I agree that your review was the best I have seen.

I learned about several features that I hadn't discovered on my own as I am new to Android.

Thanks.

Shelly
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Android, feel free to ask any questions! There are ton of little handy tips and tricks.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Excellent Review!!! Still trying to Decide between This and another Samsung 10.1 Tablet. I just wish this had a Micro SD and my mind would be made up.
    The on-board 32 GB's has been more than enough for me, since everything is so cloud based or saved in the Play store anyway. For instance, my girlfriend likes to play hidden object games and they are usually a few hundred megs to download - which barely make a dent in the memory - when she beats a game, I just remove it from the device, but if she ever wants to play it again in the future, it's right there in the Play store under the apps / games I have downloaded or purchased and we can easily re-install it.

Same for movies. If I am traveling for work, I'll simply side-load a few movies (we usually buy Blu-Ray with digital copies) and I'll just delete them when I get back, but still have them if I want to re-install them again.

Beyond that, with Amazon MP3 and the like, I just don't have a need to use as much storage, since there is no reason to save everything all the time...not with everything backed up to the cloud. I currently have around 200 apps saved on the device and the memory has barely blinked an eyelash. Not to mention a couple of movies, some books, mags etc.
    Thanked by:

also talk about the design. i would like to see more about it.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    also talk about the design. i would like to see more about it.
    What would you like to know? The beginning of the video was a physical tour of the design & device, how thin it is, how good it feels in the hand etc...but if I left something out, let me know and I'd be happy to address in a follow up video or in the comments here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qnet View Post
    Wow, thank you. That was the best video I've seen about the Nexus 10 thus far, much, much better than what I've seen on Youtube so far. You covered everything I wanted to see. I also make video reviews and I don't know how I'm going to live up to that LOL! I can't wait to get mine tomorrow.
    Thanks so much I look forward to seeing your review!

Quote Originally Posted by stimulatedboredom View Post
    What would you like to know? The beginning of the video was a physical tour of the design & device, how thin it is, how good it feels in the hand etc...but if I left something out, let me know and I'd be happy to address in a follow up video or in the comments here.
    oh.. well, you did review the design better... maybe its just me.. I am hungry for N10 reviews.

I was also wondering can you use a pen with it like with the Galaxy Note 10.1. I like that option.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    I was also wondering can you use a pen with it like with the Galaxy Note 10.1. I like that option.

I've used a stylus on the N10 for things like Draw Something - and it works great - but I have not had a chance to use any note taking programs that make use of a stylus over the keyboard. If you have a program / app in mind, let me know and I can test it out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by stimulatedboredom View Post
    I've used a stylus on the N10 for things like Draw Something - and it works great - but I have not had a chance to use any note taking programs that make use of a stylus over the keyboard. If you have a program / app in mind, let me know and I can test it out for you.
    Excellent walkthrough and review, thank you!

Could you try Papyrus Beta for note-taking? Note-taking is going to be a big decision for me in whether to buy the N10 or not. Thank you in advance.
    Preach2k likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by teffects View Post
    Excellent walkthrough and review, thank you!

Could you try Papyrus Beta for note-taking? Note-taking is going to be a big decision for me in whether to buy the N10 or not. Thank you in advance.
    I am planning to shoot a follow up / Part 2 video later today and will try to cover note taking.

I'm also going to cover gaming, Google Now and a few other things. So if people want me to cover anything not addressed in the first video, let me know!

Also, what games would people like to see? Preferably something free

The note taking won't be like the Galaxy Note. Those devices have a special WACOM digitizer to use the S-pen. With that said it should be like any other tablet wit a capacitive touchscreen.

To be honest though I have never tried a stylus on a capcitive screen so I don't have a good way to compare.
    Thanked by:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Just downloaded Papyrus Beta for the follow up video, also going to use Dead Trigger to spotlight games, along with some more casual ones (Angry Birds Star Wars etc) and show off Google Now a little. That should cover the stuff I accidentally left out of the first video. Thanks guys
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast