Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: Nexus 10 crash & reboot

Miner's crashed twice today already,and I was using different apps both times. Glad to see its a common problem and not just me, Hope GoogLe fixes it asap

I had the original galaxy tab 10 and never had the crashes this thing does.
    Its ridiculous how many times it crashes.
    I would complain to Google since I bought it direct but I don't want to have to reload all my apps and settings.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

How is it possible that something this critical - first reported a month and a half ago - is still not fixed?

As you can imagine I'm a new N10 owner (Xmas gift) and I've had at least two random lockups and reboots a day since I opened it up. As I search the web to find all of these similar reports I only get more frustrated...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

As the original poster I should follow up to say that the problem stopped happening to me after the first software update.

Same thing.
    It crashed while browsing Amazon twice. Had to reboot.
    It crashed again while browsing nationalgeography. left the device as it froze. it rebooted after nearly 30 minutes.

I think this thing gets more unstable with time. I use to never get crashes since I updated it and then factory resetted it right away. I ran it just fine for over a month without a single freeze or crash, even manage to keep GPS on. After like 30 days started getting alittle unstable. Would 100% freeze so i would have to hold power and volume, after 3 different days of this I decided to disable location. Now all I get is rare freeze and reboots. They're rare but annoying. I think google is avoiding pushing out a update fast because they want to keep the software numbers low because they believe project butter is a finished project. Android 4.1.2 was suppose to be a polished upgraded version of 4.0 with all the performance bugs worked out.

First post on this site. Was planning on getting a tablet this Christmas. Did not want to enter the Apple world so I thought getting the Nexus 10 would be a no-brainer. But with the reports here of crashes, lockups, reboots, battery woes, flickers...I was holding off until a solution was provided. But what percentage of users are actually seeing these type of problems. Does anyone have an sense for if these problems are a small or significant percentage of all owners?
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,669 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave1216 View Post
    First post on this site. Was planning on getting a tablet this Christmas. Did not want to enter the Apple world so I thought getting the Nexus 10 would be a no-brainer. But with the reports here of crashes, lockups, reboots, battery woes, flickers...I was holding off until a solution was provided. But what percentage of users are actually seeing these type of problems. Does anyone have an sense for if these problems are a small or significant percentage of all owners?
    Almost all the problems seem to stem from the last update, and we are overdue for a "fix" update.
    If I had to guess, I would say that probably most people are experiencing at least occasional lockup, reboots, and/or screen flicker. But I would speculate that for the vast, vast majority they are just occasional or rare minor annoyances. The tablet is extremely functional for me.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Almost all the problems seem to stem from the last update, and we are overdue for a "fix" update.
    If I had to guess, I would say that probably most people are experiencing at least occasional lockup, reboots, and/or screen flicker. But I would speculate that for the vast, vast majority they are just occasional or rare minor annoyances. The tablet is extremely functional for me.
    THAT!
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

had a few random freezes. usually when using chrome and netflix together. it doesnt like that.

Since the last Jellybean update, having this problem on ALL my Nexii....10, 7 & Galaxy Nexus.

Happens nearly EVERY SINGLE TIME I am using Android Transfer App (I'm on a Mac) to transfer any more than a few files.

if I keep it to around 25 or less it works without a reboot about 60% of the time - any more than that and it's a guaranteed reboot.

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123