Nexus 10 crash & reboot

thenomad

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
First really, really strange JB 4.2 behavior.

Playing Angry Pigs Star Wars on a (stock) Nexus 10 tablet. I'd just won a game. It was counting up the score when the screen froze, then flashed, and then the tablet rebooted. I had probably been playing for an hour or so, continuously.

Anyone else seen such crashy behavior?

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Chrome stopped responding for me, held down the power button. Today, after switching users Chrome became unresponsive and I had to hold down the power again. Annoying but this thing reboots so fast I don't even care. My Transformer Infinity took forever in comparison.

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, my N10 has frozen up on me twice since I first turned it on last night. Can't really pinpoint the cause yet... Hope this doesn't continue.

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was using chrome on Amazon and scrolling down a page and BAM, it just froze with the screen on. Had to hold power to reboot. Then I started using Firefox on Amazon and it would just go "poof" and crash Firefox 3 times in a 10 minute browsing session.

I hope this is not typical of this tablet, which I just got today. The Nexus 10 has now malfunctioned or crashed applications more in one day than the entire 1.6 years I have owned and used the Motorola Xoom Nexus...

laddymc

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
First really, really strange JB 4.2 behavior.

Playing Angry Pigs Star Wars on a (stock) Nexus 10 tablet. I'd just won a game. It was counting up the score when the screen froze, then flashed, and then the tablet rebooted. I had probably been playing for an hour or so, continuously.

Anyone else seen such crashy behavior?

Yes mine did that while play Angry Birds last night too.

mstroud

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I am also seeing this happen at very regular intervals on my Nexus 10. I do not have Angry Birds installed, but I'm trying to track down what may be causing this.

Right now I am using BootLog Uptime (Play Store link here) to keep track of how often this reboot is happening, since I can't watch the tablet 24/7. It seems to happen every 3 to 4 hours very regularly. My bet is that some apps that ran fine in 4.0.x and 4.1.x didn't make the transition very well into 4.2. Hopefully we can track down what those apps are and eliminate them until they get updated.

dodysw

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me. There weren't specific pattern, any app can trigger a hang, nothing could be pressed after that, even the home button froze. After about half a minute, it would reboot itself.

This happened strangely often when launching chrome with existing tabs on previous session. But I can not reproduce this reliably. Firefox is hopeless in my case, it would crash in a few seconds, but won't cause rebooting.

srosencrans

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I got my Nexus 10 on Friday. I've noticed this happen frequently, at least twice a day. I'll be doing something, no more than two or three apps open and it will just freeze and then after a minute or so, reboot and get the Nexus screen and then it is fine, until next time.

It works great when it's working. Trying to decide if I should return or if they will hopefully update 4.2 maybe to fix this issue.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard of Google responding to this issue yet? If it keeps happening, I will definitely return mine.

It is highly probable that a followup update will be pushed out "soon" to address the issues. I would not consider returning it just for that. And even if you WERE considering it, I would wait until near 30 days first.

Markus Ressel

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
A Nexus device will give you the fastest opportunity to get an update for bugs like that. So you should only consider to return your device if you dont like Android or something about the hardware.

srosencrans

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I had planned to wait as long as I can before needing to return it. As it is though, I think it's perfectly acceptable to consider returning it for that, it's close to unusable except in 30min increments, because it locks up and resets after that period of time.
It is highly probable that a followup update will be pushed out "soon" to address the issues. I would not consider returning it just for that. And even if you WERE considering it, I would wait until near 30 days first.

gaxfax

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 10 16gig, crashes or freezes at least twice a day. Froze once once while using the Google search, which should be stable.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've had some force closes and reboots. It happened during a video and has just randomly restarted. Hopefully Google will update soon to fix the bugs. I like this tablet too much to return it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine just crashed for the first time
It froze while in the past store
Then I saw a colored X
Then it rebooted very fast

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads