Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Default Re: No USB Flash Drive Support

Yes I got one and then got the one with a straight plugin. Now I can use headphone at same time,

Lightbulb Re: No USB Flash Drive Support

Currently I am writing the app "Nexus 10 USB Stick (noroot)" that uses standard Java USB Host API to access an attached USB Stick.
    Currently only reading is possible, but the next step will be to support writing.

The App is available in the play-store: Nexus 10 USB Stick (noroot)

The sources can be found at the sourceforge project andstick: project page

The project is in an very early phase, so there will be some quirks.
    But all of my four USB-Sticks (formatted with FAT) from 32MB to 64GB can be read. :-)

Files can be downloaded to the default download-folder on the Nexus 10 (with the prefix "USBM_...")
    Because writing is not implemented, there is no danger to damage the stick.
    Any feedback is welcome.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,417 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by feri_z View Post
    Currently I am writing the app "Nexus 10 USB Stick (noroot)" that uses standard Java USB Host API to access an attached USB Stick.[...]
    That is interesting! Thanks for sharing.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Meanwhile the project "Nexus 10 USB Stick (noroot)" is making progresses.
    Writing to the stick is now possible, of course on your own risk :-)
    Not all is working well and you should never have any important data on your stick when activating the Write-Access.
    But it is going on.

There are now two browsers, own for the local file system and one for the USB Stick, so the files can be copied from one folder to the other.

I am not interested in writing another Filemanager, there are quite a lot around.
    Does anyone know a filemanager which has a Plug-In Interface to support "foreign filesystems"?
    I would like to write the plug-in and leave the GUI and so one for others.
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

libmtp

Takes less time to fix than it did to write all that zombie story nonsense. But this post is about supporting USB stick when plugged into the tablet, and has nothing to do with computers.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Quote Originally Posted by Web Media Company View Post
    Google has missed its goals somewhere to compete with Apple on the iPad, but soon Google will realize it and will come up with a great device that will leave iPhones and iPads a way behind.

Web Media Company
    Google has already done that, there's just a few small things they need to fix. But Android pretty much does leave iOS far behind in many areas.

Global Posts
    906 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by feri_z View Post
    Meanwhile the project "Nexus 10 USB Stick (noroot)" is making progresses.
    Writing to the stick is now possible, of course on your own risk :-)
    Not all is working well and you should never have any important data on your stick when activating the Write-Access.
    But it is going on.

There are now two browsers, own for the local file system and one for the USB Stick, so the files can be copied from one folder to the other.

I am not interested in writing another Filemanager, there are quite a lot around.
    Does anyone know a filemanager which has a Plug-In Interface to support "foreign filesystems"?
    I would like to write the plug-in and leave the GUI and so one for others.
    Can't find it on the play store - has it gone away?

Alan

Hi Alan,

the App is gone, but there is a plugin for the filemanager "Total Commander". You can find the "USB Stick Plugin-TC (noroot)" in the Play-Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ugins.usbstick

This Plugin only works if you have installed the "Total Commander".
    I recomend using the beta release 2.02 of Total Commander which can be downloaded from the developer homepage: Total Commander - Android
    You can also use the release 2.01 from the Play-Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TotalCommander
    The drawback of release v2.01 is, that there is no refresh if you attach / detach an USB-Stick.

WARNING: The plugin is a beta release, so do NOT use it with sticks containing important data.

If you have any feedback or questions plese use the forum: USB Stick Plugin for Total Commander (Android) • Index page
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    906 Global Posts

Well, I am most impressed. It works well.

Thanks

Alan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12