Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Jordan Tucker's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2 & 4.2 Jelly Bean

    Exclamation No more camera on lock screen after latest update

    Shortly after I booted my Nexus 10, it prompted me to update. After updating, and I noticed I could add lock screen widgets, but I can't unlock directly to the camera anymore. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't figure out how to get it back. Thanks.
  2. #2  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,374 Global Posts

    Default Re: No more camera on lock screen after latest update

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Tucker View Post
    Shortly after I booted my Nexus 10, it prompted me to update. After updating, and I noticed I could add lock screen widgets, but I can't unlock directly to the camera anymore. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't figure out how to get it back. Thanks.
    I know! Isn't it wonderful? I hated all that crap on the unlock screen, had to be super careful HOW you unlocked it so you don't get thrown into camera or search or something!
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  3. #3  
    Shimmy's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: No more camera on lock screen after latest update

    Yep. It doesn't bother me since I don't really plan on using the camera much.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Jordan Tucker's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2 & 4.2 Jelly Bean

    Default Re: No more camera on lock screen after latest update

    TBH, if they never included the feature in the first place, I wouldn't have cared when they removed it. I don't plan on using the feature very often, if ever, but I just don't like loss of functionality. And all of the reviews are still toting unlock-to-camera, but I haven't found a single search result explaining that it was removed. I wanted to make sure that mine wasn't broken.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: No more camera on lock screen after latest update

    I have that feature on my phone, and it's really handy, but can't ever see using it on my tablet. For the record, my N10 doesn't have it either.
  6. #6  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,374 Global Posts

    Default Re: No more camera on lock screen after latest update

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Tucker View Post
    TBH, if they never included the feature in the first place, I wouldn't have cared when they removed it. I don't plan on using the feature very often, if ever, but I just don't like loss of functionality. And all of the reviews are still toting unlock-to-camera, but I haven't found a single search result explaining that it was removed. I wanted to make sure that mine wasn't broken.
    You are correct that it was there right before the last update... so you are not crazy and your N10 is not broken
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: No more camera on lock screen after latest update

    On the N10 I use a pattern or PIN lock and traditionally have not used my tablet as a camera. I don't miss it but I am curious why it's not there. Can anyone with a GSM Galaxy Nexus and 4.2 confirm it's still there?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Jordan Tucker's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2 & 4.2 Jelly Bean

    Wink Re: No more camera on lock screen after latest update

    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    You are correct that it was there right before the last update... so you are not crazy and your N10 is not broken
    Thanks for the assurance that I'm not crazy
  9. #9  

    Default Re: No more camera on lock screen after latest update

    Marketing studies have shown that announcing removed features aren't as good for sales as announcing new features.

    ;-)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 04:03 PM
  2. Frozen on boot 'X' screen after latest update...
    By nick-m in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 05:56 PM
  3. More icons on lock screen?
    By Cuchulainn14 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 03:45 PM
  4. Question on lock screen post ICS update...
    By zrxoa1 in forum Verizon HTC Rezound
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 03:37 PM
  5. Phone icon missing on lock screen AFTER update
    By TiikiToast in forum T-Mobile HTC Sensation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 09:19 AM

Posting Permissions