Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Pulse Notification Light

I tested mine. it works for me too.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    I tested mine. it works for me too.
    Does it work all the time? Or do you need to cold boot with the charger plugged in as mentioned previously?

I'm just curious to know how many have this issues with the notification light...

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

Mine only seems to work with the app "appy geek"..would like if gmail worked

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick17 View Post
    Does it work all the time? Or do you need to cold boot with the charger plugged in as mentioned previously?

I'm just curious to know how many have this issues with the notification light...
    looks like it but i will try the reboot with charger and without charger

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Hey guys. I had the same problem too. BUT I tried unchecking pulse notification light in display settings, reboot, then turn the notification light on again. I can finally see light flashing on my nexus 10 for the first time :-)

Well low and behold I wake up this morning to find a white light pulsing on my N10. This was for a few emails I had, but, it doesn't seem to flash for every notification? If I get just an appy geek notification, I don't seem to get anything. Is there only certain things it works on?

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Facebook, email and k-9 mail notifications are working for me so far.
    All I did was: 1. Un-check pulse notification light setting
    2. Reboot (without the need of having device plugged in)
    3. Go back to settings and turn pulse notification light back on

It started flashing right away whenever a notification comes up since then. I hope someone can let me know if this will work on everyone else's nexus.

PS. I didn't install any third party led notification application. Straight from stock. Then rooted:-P
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Quote Originally Posted by rexrexb View Post
    Facebook, email and k-9 mail notifications are working for me so far.
    All I did was: 1. Un-check pulse notification light setting
    2. Reboot (without the need of having device plugged in)
    3. Go back to settings and turn pulse notification light back on

It started flashing right away whenever a notification comes up since then. I hope someone can let me know if this will work on everyone else's nexus.

PS. I didn't install any third party led notification application. Straight from stock. Then rooted:-P
    I tried this and it didn't seem to work for me. BUT I will say that my notifications in general (not just the light) weren't working correctly for some apps after the latest firmware update. I had to reinstall Facebook, Words and Ebay to get their notifications to work again in the status bar. So maybe that had something to do with it. I'll give it a go again tonight when I get home and see if your steps will work.

I' ve same problem. what to do?

No problems out of mine.... hmmm, maybe an app conflict? I believe there's a setting also.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Wow, I thought it was just my N10. I have yet to see the LED work on mine. I do have that option checked.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    ||

I have gone through all the posts and have tried everything but cannot get the notification light to work. I can live without it until maybe this gets fixed in some future update but Is there any app that will just that least turn it on and off once so I can tell it works? I have tried light flow lite and another app (I can't remember the name) but it still won't light up. And whilst on the subject, how does one notify the android/nexus 10 developers of such issues? Is there some official e-mail address one can use for this or do they follow these forums?

You have to turn it on in display settings and turn it on for each individual app. Like facebooks app setting i chose blue, email settings I chose white, green for IM, red for voxer. Can't seem to do orange though. It tries mixing red and white and fails.

If your pulse notification light isn't working on Nexus 10, then go into settings, then to "Display" and make sure "Pulse notification light" has a checkmark next to it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12