Amazon Appstore requires login each time launched, sometimes doesn't work

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've collected some free apps the Amazon app store but the Appstore app, itself, doesn't work or forces a login each time. You can get it to work if you're persistent but it's a hassle. Has anyone else had success?

PaulH2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
From reading around, it seems this is an issue with Android 4.2 rather than specifically with the Nexus 10 (Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus users are having the same problem after upgrading to 4.2). In one of the threads on the Nexus 7 forum, it was mentioned that somebody had reported the issue to Amazon and they were aware of the issue and working on an update that they expected to not take long.

Hopefully the microscopic text size on the Nexus 10 will be fixed too...

dmaul3300

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
here is a response I got from Amazon. I am at work and my tablet is home.I will try it when I get home tonight.

I'm sorry for the trouble you had with Amazon Appstore apps on your Android device. I've reported this to our technical team, and they're working on taking care of it.

In the meantime, I request you to please download and install the previous version of Amazon Appstore by visiting the link below on your device, as the issue is with all customers using version 4.2 of Android.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-mas-origin/AmazonApps-release-v4.3.apk

Please note that this is a temporary work around and is only for the time-being --until we?ve the permanent fix available.

dmaul3300

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I just installed it and it seems to work. who knows when it will be fixed but at least this appears to work.

now to get a hold of electronic arts to see how to to download the data for Madden 12 and let them know nba Jan doesn't work.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-mas-origin/AmazonApps-release-v4.3.apk

Please note that this is a temporary work around and is only for the time-being --until we?ve the permanent fix available.

Thank you! This was driving me crazy. I had to get a magnifying glass out to actually log in, then I would have to uninstall and reinstall to get it to actually work, then it would work for a while and die. Makes you quickly realize how HORRIBLE the DRM is when even the apps you did manage to install all say "you have to be signed in to use this application".

Update: Worked like a charm!

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, same here (on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.1.1).

I'm having trouble with the Amazon mp3 store. I keep getting an error code of 139. It directs me to a FAQS/Help page. While digging through that page, it tells me that I am on a Linux machine and it is not compatible with the mp3 store. I have a Sprint Gnex on JB 4.1.1 stock and locked. Any ideas? Never had this problem with my Nexus S 4G on JB 4.1.1, stock and locked...

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm having trouble with the Amazon mp3 store. I keep getting an error code of 139. It directs me to a FAQS/Help page. While digging through that page, it tells me that I am on a Linux machine and it is not compatible with the mp3 store. I have a Sprint Gnex on JB 4.1.1 stock and locked. Any ideas? Never had this problem with my Nexus S 4G on JB 4.1.1, stock and locked...
I'm assuming you get that while trying to buy an mp3? I've never bought using their Amazon MP3 app before, so I don't have any experience with that. But I have just downloaded and installed their Amazon MP3 app and the songs+albums I had previously bought from a desktop do show up fine at least. Have you tried re-installing the Amazon MP3 app? A couple of users (link below) suggested checking that your credit card info is there or doing a "force stop" on the Amazon MP3 app.
Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: Android MP3 Download Error

Hope that helps.

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I would clear cache for the app and see if it works. If that doesn't work clear data and see if it works. Finally if that doesn't fix the problem, uninstall the app and start over with a fresh install.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming you get that while trying to buy an mp3? I've never bought using their Amazon MP3 app before, so I don't have any experience with that. But I have just downloaded and installed their Amazon MP3 app and the songs+albums I had previously bought from a desktop do show up fine at least. Have you tried re-installing the Amazon MP3 app? A couple of users (link below) suggested checking that your credit card info is there or doing a "force stop" on the Amazon MP3 app.
Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: Android MP3 Download Error

Hope that helps.

I got it fixed...uninstalled the Amazon MP3 app and deleted my checking account as one of the options to pay and just left my CC, now it works fine. Probably the checking account info, because the App was a fresh install. Who knows, but it works now. Thanks for the help! It seems there were a few people with the error problem, thanks for the Amazon link lets_go_android! :) ...

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I got it fixed...uninstalled the Amazon MP3 app and deleted my checking account as one of the options to pay and just left my CC, now it works fine. Probably the checking account info, because the App was a fresh install. Who knows, but it works now. Thanks for the help! It seems there were a few people with the error problem, thanks for the Amazon link lets_go_android! :) ...
Cool, I'm glad you got it resolved! :) RonD's suggestion (try clearing cache and/or data) was also a good one.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Cool, I'm glad you got it resolved! :) RonD's suggestion (try clearing cache and/or data) was also a good one.

I had done both first, no joy. So moved on to uninstall/install and Amazon acct update (I did this before reinstalling) which fixed it for me. :)

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I had done both first, no joy. So moved on to uninstall/install and Amazon acct update (I did this before reinstalling) which fixed it for me. :)
Ah, I see. Good to know. Thanks for the info. I'm sure it'll help others with this problem or may also be applicable to problems with other apps.

dewmanc

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone still having problems with amazon appstore? It was working before the latest update. Now it won't open. Any suggestions?