Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Default Re: Really Hating My Nexus 10 and the crap battery!

Quote Originally Posted by snookasnoo View Post
    You get what you pay for. Buy an iPad.
    The trolling stops here. Stop posting in this thread, and consider this a final warning for any further trolling in this forum.
    Thanked by 4:
    Xertion3 and Kimono Skunk like this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Just wanted to give an update and status of my N10. I got my new N10 replacement yesterday afternoon, got it setup like the old one, did the whole restore (1.2 gig download )and everything. I have been streaming movies, web browsing etc and the thing is still on 35% from the factory charge of 60%ish.

Yeah my old one had to be defective.

Really liking my N10 and the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGutts View Post
    Just wanted to give an update and status of my N10. I got my new N10 replacement yesterday afternoon, got it setup like the old one, did the whole restore (1.2 gig download )and everything. I have been streaming movies, web browsing etc and the thing is still on 35% from the factory charge of 60%ish.

Yeah my old one had to be defective.

Really liking my N10 and the battery.
    And they all lived happily ever after.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    bplewis24 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I can't imagine any time I would want to charge and use USB data at the same time. Of course, everyone is different.
    That's understandable. What I used to do a lot is play emulators with the HDMI plugged in to my HDTV and a PS3 controller plugged into the USB on my Xoom....I'd also have it plugged in to conserve battery life. I also used to do the same with just playing on the internet using a Bluetooth keyboard and a WiFi USB mouse.

I guess I should get with the times and get a Bluetooth mouse.

Is there a non root option for using a ps3 controller via Bluetooth? I was trying to hold of with the root....

No way. 4 hours till a full charge, don't believe it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    stock updates

Sometimes a defective unit slips by even the top manufactures QC (quality control) as long as they replace it with a working one I'm sure your fustration will change to a and the apple fan boys aren't trolling they are envious of androids great takeover!!!

My battery was down to 4%.
    Charged it over night and still only 60%.
    Why is that?

loving my nexus 10.
    wishing I could replace my galaxy s2 with the new s3!

Unfortunately micro USB can be a bottle neck for charging tablets... I would also love to have a standard plug for all my devices.

Actually I have far more. I also have had both iOS and Android devices for years and likely know more about Android than most of the people here. When you buy Samsung made cheap plastic sold by Google at cost then you get what you pay for.
    Hummm - iPads (& iPhones) are made of Samsung parts for crucial components ... including the processor, memory chip and screen ... not luck on this one dude!

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Whew, thank you so much for posting that screenshot... I was starting to think I was the only one who had a picture of Brandon Lewis as his profile picture!

It has become common knowledge that the supplied charger thru micro USB is inadequate and they are going to sell you a rapid charger in the near future, if not already happened. Personally I don't mind using the slow charge, my battery will last longer. I bought the rocketfish tablet stand and just prop it up next to an outlet and you are good to go. Also, from a 100% charge, I can go nearly all day but I put in on the charger around 40% because if I needed to bolt, I would want some kind of charge for traveling. The awesome screen is the big battery chomper.

Mine lasts all day as well, no issues so he must have a bad battery...which happens to Apple as well.

Mine lasts about 10-11 hours, even with heavy usage (Skype video/phone calls, gaming, NFC transfers, surfing, etc).
    Trolls are trolls. iPads/iPhones have Samsung parts - including the Retina Display.

I've got a lemon also. My battery life is about 3 hours, and its battery charge will slowly *decrease* if I attempt to use it at the same time as I charge it, and it charges about 5% per hour (although last night it actually went DOWN from 38% to 20% while plugged into the charger). Not looking forward to making phone calls, dealing with the return, and losing my game saves.

If you don't use the charger and cable that came with the N10 you will only get about 5%/hour charge. I tried 3 different micro usb chargers and all acted the same.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine Higdon View Post
    I've got a lemon also. My battery life is about 3 hours, and its battery charge will slowly *decrease* if I attempt to use it at the same time as I charge it, and it charges about 5% per hour (although last night it actually went DOWN from 38% to 20% while plugged into the charger). Not looking forward to making phone calls, dealing with the return, and losing my game saves.
    Have you tried a factory reset and use without lots of apps installed? If not, certainly try that first, before considering it defective...

Slow charging is normal. It is USB based (which is GREAT but slower) and has a big battery.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

I have the brightness all the way down on mine and I am only getting about 4hrs a charge on it. I use it pretty heavy watching videos and playing DeadZone.I bought mine from walmart(past there 15 exchange period) google won't have anything to do with it(cause I didn't buy it from google play) they transfered me to talk to samsung. Samsung said I could send it for repair taking up to 2weeks(which I really don't want to). So know I need to find a new battery.
    Gsomike likes this.

Have you tried a factory reset and use without lots of apps installed? If not, certainly try that first, before considering it defective...

Slow charging is normal. It is USB based (which is GREAT but slower) and has a big battery.
    I don't have many apps installed, it's pretty minimalist. I don't want to factory reset it yet until I've tried other things, since I don't want to lose my game saves. It'll drain battery very quickly while simply reading websites, so it's more than just a charging issue. My next step is to let it drain to 0% and then recharge it completely to see if that helps.

The reason it takes so long to charge is that it is using Micro USB and a bastardized version at that. Standard micro USB doesn't provide enough juice to charge a tablet.
    Yeah that's why every country except the US has made usb standard making Apple bend over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine Higdon View Post
    I don't have many apps installed, it's pretty minimalist. I don't want to factory reset it yet until I've tried other things, since I don't want to lose my game saves. It'll drain battery very quickly while simply reading websites, so it's more than just a charging issue. My next step is to let it drain to 0% and then recharge it completely to see if that helps.
    This is why you use a device like hell the first week and if there are any problems, you can take it back....and oh boy does the N10 have problems...I'm going to wait and see if all the defects get ironed out...February maybe?

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atg284 View Post
    This is why you use a device like hell the first week and if there are any problems, you can take it back....and oh boy does the N10 have problems...I'm going to wait and see if all the defects get ironed out...February maybe?
    It seems like almost all the problems started with the last update. And frankly, we are overdue for a "fix" update...
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Going almost 5 days standby time with 3 hours screen on time and still have 60% left.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGutts View Post

Yeah I finally got off the phone with Nexus support, guess they don't work weekends. After a long talk, they did say something was not right with the unit and will most likely ship me a new one but they wanted me to do a factory refresh on the unit just this once for troubleshooting and monitor the usage for 24 hours and call them back with details.

The Battery is at 55% ( 4:06pm ) charging still, started charging it at 12:27pm, 1%. It maybe done charging by 8 or 9pm tonight. So that would put it at about 9%-10% charge per hour.
    It sounds to me as though something is running which is discharging the battery (in addition to whatever you are *really* doing). You should get 8-10 hours use between charges depending on what you're doing.

The time for a full recharge from flat is - or should be - around six hours if the tablet is on standby. This is reasonable if you do the sums: it's a 9 amp hour battery and you have a 2 amp charger, so if everything were 100% efficient a recharge on standby would take four and a half hours. Of course batteries are not 100% efficient and so will take more current to charge than they will produce while in use - 80% efficiency is generally a reasonable guesstimate for this type of battery.

Mine certainly works like that - so you definitely have a problem - it's not a design fault. A prompt exchange is what you need.

Rog. (New on here, but an electronics engineer)

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts

It seems like almost all the problems started with the last update. And frankly, we are overdue for a "fix" update...
    I'm talking hardware problems. Mainly light bleed, dead pixels, dust under screen and creaky back.

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atg284 View Post
    I'm talking hardware problems. Mainly light bleed, dead pixels, dust under screen and creaky back.
    Light bleed seems pretty common on lots of devices. Fortunately, mine doesn't seem to have any. (Unlike my new Lenovo Twist, which has considerable bleed on the bottom of the screen)

My N10 also has no dead (or stuck on) pixels or dust or creaky back. I have heard a few complaints about creaky back, but none about dead pixels or dust under the screen. Of course, I don't read EVERY post, but I have been following most important threads in this forum since the N10 came out.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast