Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Really Hating My Nexus 10 and the crap battery!

Since I got my Nexus 10 this past Friday I am really freaking pissed off at Google for one and the terrible battery.

The battery blows, I am getting on average 3 hours of use before I have to charge the damn thing, like browsing the web and streaming vids. This is with just wifi running, Bluetooth off, NFC off and screen dimmed to 15-20%, but according to specs I shouldn't have to do any of that to get my 9 hours average. I really don't know how they test that, 9 hours of just sitting idle maybe. I think if I gave it a real HD movie, it may crap it's pants and just shut down.

Don't even get my on recharge time for the battery, so far it's been over an hour and it's now sitting 18% and it started at 1%.
    Last edited by MrGutts; 11-19-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Default Re: Really Hating My Nexus 10 and the crap battery!

You get what you pay for. Buy an iPad.

Nice answer...Try being a little more helpful..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 4:
    MONDINGO and slinkies like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGutts View Post
    Since I got my Nexus 10 this past Friday I am really freaking pissed off at Google for one and the terrible battery.

The battery blows, I am getting on average 3 hours of use before I have to charge the damn thing, like browsing the web and streaming vids. This is with just wifi running, Bluetooth off, NFC off and screen dimmed to 15-20%, but according to specs I shouldn't have to do any of that to get my 9 hours average. I really don't know how they test that, 9 hours of just sitting idle maybe. I think if I gave it a real HD movie, it may crap it's pants and just shut down.

Don't even get my on recharge time for the battery, so far it's been over an hour and it's now sitting 18% and it started at 1%.
    You seem to have a defective unit. I also got mine on Friday and it easily lasts me all day, if not into the next day. I have been streaming video, downloading and using apps and basically haven't taken my hands off of it since it arrived and I am getting 9 - 10+ hours. Charging it is painfully slow, which I do in the evenings, but it should definitely last you a full day.

Probably not what you wanted to hear - that you might be in the minority that simply got a defective battery (but it does happen) - but you should certainly be getting more than 3 hours. Have you tried to condition the battery? Fully charge, fully discharge, charge again at periodic percentages etc? Today's batteries don't really require this anymore, but it might help.

Also, go to settings and select "battery"...see if something other than the screen is draining it. Some apps are battery hogs.
    Thanked by 3:
    Mac58 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by snookasnoo View Post
    Have 3 of them, do you want one?

Quote Originally Posted by stimulatedboredom View Post
    You seem to have a defective unit. I also got mine on Friday and it easily lasts me all day, if not into the next day. I have been streaming video, downloading and using apps and basically haven't taken my hands off of it since it arrived and I am getting 9 - 10+ hours. Charging it is painfully slow, which I do in the evenings, but it should definitely last you a full day.

Probably not what you wanted to hear - that you might be in the minority that simply got a defective battery (but it does happen) - but you should certainly be getting more than 3 hours. Have you tried to condition the battery? Fully charge, fully discharge, charge again at periodic percentages etc? Today's batteries don't really require this anymore, but it might help.

Also, go to settings and select "battery"...see if something other than the screen is draining it. Some apps are battery hogs.
    Yeah I finally got off the phone with Nexus support, guess they don't work weekends. After a long talk, they did say something was not right with the unit and will most likely ship me a new one but they wanted me to do a factory refresh on the unit just this once for troubleshooting and monitor the usage for 24 hours and call them back with details.

The Battery is at 55% ( 4:06pm ) charging still, started charging it at 12:27pm, 1%. It maybe done charging by 8 or 9pm tonight. So that would put it at about 9%-10% charge per hour.

There is something wrong then. it should get you 9-10 hours.

I would ask you to do a factory reset. since it brand new there wont be any data that you need to backup.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

The insecurity of Apple fanboys. 3 posts and all of them are trolling posts.

ROM
    Viper

I love it when the garbage from an ios forum decides to drop by and troll. Can someone please ban him so he can go back and talk about how stupid and unreasonable we are?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by tawfiqmp View Post
    The insecurity of Apple fanboys. 3 posts and all of them are trolling posts.
    itrolls are **** hurt i guess. that proves nexus 10 is better
    Thanked by 2:
    atg284, xlDeMoNiClx and MERCDROID like this.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

The battery blows, I am getting on average 3 hours of use before I have to charge the damn thing, [...].
    I have been using both the Xoom Nexus and the Nexus 10 with similar apps over the past few days. I have also noticed that the Nexus 10 appears to be moving through the battery considerably faster than the Xoom (and it gets hotter). No question it is much faster. I do have some concern about this. I have used neither for hours and hours, so I can't add data to that discussion right now.

Please note that brand new Lithium batteries will not attain their full expected life until they have been cycled a few to several times. On some batteries, the difference can be quite shocking (25% or more).
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
    Kimono Skunk likes this.

ROM
    OEM Unlock + Root

Quote Originally Posted by stimulatedboredom View Post
    You can also go into settings > data usage to see what has been using data, how much data, and when. Between the two you should be able to figure it out.

ROM
    Bugless Beast

3 hours and requiring a charge is likely a defective unit.

Also, if you're getting abnormally long charge times, make sure you turn the screen off while it's charging. There is a setting in the settings menu that doesn't allow the display to time out while charging, which will require considerably more charging time.

And let's all ignore the troll in this thread (and forum), he/she is clearly an *****.
    Brandon
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Well the final tally for the the battery charge was from 12:27pm @ 1% to 7:16pm @ 100%. 13% to 14%ish per hour. Something has got to be broke, but lets see what happens tomorrow when I run around with it at work.

You must have a bad unit. I'm getting nearly 10 hours on mine.

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Well the final tally for the the battery charge was from 12:27pm @ 1% to 7:16pm @ 100%. 13% to 14%ish per hour. Something has got to be broke, but lets see what happens tomorrow when I run around with it at work.
    That charge time can't be normal. Yes, it does take longer to charge than my Xoom, but nowhere near that long. 7 hours to full charge? Are you using the included, Samsung, higher-powered charger or some other microUSB charger?
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    That charge time can't be normal. Yes, it does take longer to charge than my Xoom, but nowhere near that long. 7 hours to full charge? Are you using the included, Samsung, higher-powered charger or some other microUSB charger?
    I actually have been using the N7 charger, and while I haven't timed it, I still don't think it has taken me that long.

Anyway, I'm gonna say the OP has a lemon. I'm now trying to discharge my N10 and then do a full charge. So far I've done about 3 hours of movie watching, and it's only down to 75%:

Brandon

I think something is wrong man. I took mine out of the box at 66% and went to class.I'm at 35% after 3.5 hours of not even turning the screen off and downloading everything I can think of. Get a replacement.

I don't hate the battery, but I do hate that it requires 10-11 hours to fully charge this device from 5%. Y'all think this is why they want us to buy a pogo charger? I think they did a good job. I need one now! And it better be portable.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    stock

Yea man, something's wrong. I got great life out of it today - first day having it.

OTOH, the charging absolutely BLOWS on this. I understand that micro USB isn't the greatest for charging a 10 inch tab, but it barely increases if you're trying to charge and use it at the same time - and that's on a 2.x amp charger! They've gotta be able to do something about this. I can haz POGO??
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

Mine lasts about 8 - 9 hours just for reference. Standby isn't that good but I've found a few issues that have dropped the drain overnight to around 5%

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KevRDB View Post
    I don't hate the battery, but I do hate that it requires 10-11 hours to fully charge this device from 5%. Y'all think this is why they want us to buy a pogo charger? I think they did a good job. I need one now! And it better be portable.
    There is a limit to how fast they can charge using USB. But having usb charging is a *MAJOR* feature. I *HATED* having a proprietary charger on the Xoom.

1) No proprietary connector
    2) No proprietary cable
    3) No proprietary charger
    4) Able to charge in car
    5) Able to use one of those cool portable Anker portable batteries.

The Xoom charges faster with it's proprietary everything, but it was SO less functional! I personally don't care that it takes longer to charge. I am very happy with this setup!!!
    MERCDROID likes this.

I *HATED* having a proprietary charger on the Xoom.
    I agree!

I absolutely hated the proprietary connector for my asus.

It also sucked because the port for the charger was on the bottom, so I had to hold it awkwardly while using it while charging, always conscious of whether the cable was getting kinked. making sure I had it packed for trips, blah blah blah. ugh, so annoying.

So far, I'm loving the microUSB charging, and that it's on the side *mindblown*!

It does seem that the OP has a defective unit, if I have mine plugged in while using it, it actually gains battery. checked it yesterday after using it all sunday, and leaving it off the charger. had 28% remaining and screen was 58% (5hours of processor). Also noticed that The Weather Channel app had used 14%, won't have that happen any more!

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

As everyone has said there is clearly something wrong if you are only getting 3-4 hours. Take a look at your battery usage under setting to make sure you haven't installed some rouge app that is consuming all your battery. Otherwise if it's not an app exchange it. It's pretty simply and does not require acting like a spoiled child!

To the other users complaining about the time to charge. It's a limitation of Mirco USB! There will be a pogo charger that will charge quicker so don't get your panties all up in a bunch! Personally I prefer this approach so we at least have the flexibility to use an "industry standard" charging adapter.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Yes sir, using the standard stock one that came with the box. I do have plenty of others, but sticking with it factory one.

Quote Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post
    I actually have been using the N7 charger, and while I haven't timed it, I still don't think it has taken me that long.

Anyway, I'm gonna say the OP has a lemon. I'm now trying to discharge my N10 and then do a full charge. So far I've done about 3 hours of movie watching, and it's only down to 75%:

Funny you said something about a movie and so did I joking about it earlier. This morning I downloaded Amz Spider Man HD from the play store at 2.7 gig. I went from 100% down to 89%, just by doing that.

I replied to my Google support rep to get the ball rolling on getting this bad boy replaced. Maybe by the time I get my replacement, the new cases / covers will be out.

ROM

This is my first 10" tablet so don't have anything to compare it too, but my Nexus 10 charges in about 3-4 hours from completely drained. I'm guessing it's that beautiful screen that's eating up the battery.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast