Nexus 10 - Browser Performance Review - Faster than the Ipad 4 ( with the right browser)

peaches1998

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
All I can say is WOW! Great review. I used Dolphin on my previous Android tablet and will now use it here. Very convincing and much appreciated.

Shelly

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Haven't finished watching the video yet, but I think as more of these benchmark apps and browsers get optimized for 4.2, we're going to see some improvements to the performance results.

The hardware is too good on this thing for it to not perform better.

italia0101

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Reason i skipped firefox was because it crashed on me a lot in my tests, but when it worked, it was very smooth! so ill wait for an update :)

glad you liked the video guys

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Reason i skipped firefox was because it crashed on me a lot in my tests, but when it worked, it was very smooth! so ill wait for an update :)

glad you liked the video guys

I have not had Firefox Beta crash at all. Just the regular Firefox, which needed an update. And the update is available NOW :)

Firefox = fast, friendly, adblock, Flash!

bschrib

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, thank you for the in-depth video. I did a few tests just for giggles just to see which browser I'll ultimate go with, and for now it'll be the Android AOSP 4.2 browser. Below are my BrowserMark benchmarks.

N10 Browser 4.2 | BrowserMark 2.0 2155
N10 Dolphin Browser (Nov. 20th version) | BrowserMark 2.0 2135

Awesome video btw!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this. Chrome really needs an update, like really bad. Will be downloading dolphin tonight.

chrome 4 Android can be so much better than any browser out there. chrome for desktop was not good when it came out but now its so much better.
its the best. i will give chrome one more chance. its fairly new but i think google has the resource to make it better.
i would wait for the next update of chrome and i bet it would be 10 times better.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
chrome 4 Android can be so much better than any browser out there. chrome for desktop was not good when it came out but now its so much better.
its the best..

No, it is absolutely not the "best" in many ways, depending on what criteria you are using. Choice is good.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Faulty "test" Read the Anandtech performance reviews showing the iPad 4 and iPhone 5 slaying the Nexus devices. There is a price to be paid when you run apps and parts of the OS in a JVM and performance and hardware utilization is how you pay that price.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
There is a price to be paid when you run apps and parts of the OS in a JVM and performance and hardware utilization is how you pay that price.

With this one sentence you've just proven that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The funniest part about it, is that 1 to 2 years ago when Android devices were the performance kings and iOS devices were at the bottom of the performance ladder, you probably blamed it on something else while claiming it didn't matter .

Brandon

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Faulty "test" Read the Anandtech performance reviews showing the iPad 4 and iPhone 5 slaying the Nexus devices. There is a price to be paid when you run apps and parts of the OS in a JVM and performance and hardware utilization is how you pay that price.

You are an ignorant TROLL. GO AWAY.

italia0101

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

Haha , oh dear, i cant believe they let you sign up to android central!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463