Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jugador
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default Nexus 10 - Browser Performance Review - Faster than the Ipad 4 ( with the right browser)

So hi guys, i made a pretty detailed video and i thought id share with you, if your interested in browser performance , def check it out

If you like it check out the channel, iv also done a video performance review with clips of very high def
    Thanked by 3:

Default Re: Nexus 10 - Browser Performance Review - Faster than the Ipad 4 ( with the right browser)

All I can say is WOW! Great review. I used Dolphin on my previous Android tablet and will now use it here. Very convincing and much appreciated.

Shelly

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Default Re: Nexus 10 - Browser Performance Review - Faster than the Ipad 4 ( with the right browser)

Haven't finished watching the video yet, but I think as more of these benchmark apps and browsers get optimized for 4.2, we're going to see some improvements to the performance results.

The hardware is too good on this thing for it to not perform better.
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by chris0101 View Post
    So hi guys, i made a pretty detailed video and i thought id share with you, if your interested in browser performance , def check it out

If you like it check out the channel, iv also done a video performance review with clips of very high def
    Why did you skip Firefox Beta? Can you please post this?

I always use Dolphin HD anyway for mobile so I guess I'm set. ;D
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Reason i skipped firefox was because it crashed on me a lot in my tests, but when it worked, it was very smooth! so ill wait for an update :-)

glad you liked the video guys
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,380 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chris0101 View Post
    Reason i skipped firefox was because it crashed on me a lot in my tests, but when it worked, it was very smooth! so ill wait for an update :-)

glad you liked the video guys
    I have not had Firefox Beta crash at all. Just the regular Firefox, which needed an update. And the update is available NOW

Firefox = fast, friendly, adblock, Flash!
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

hm interesting , ill give it a go then!

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ROM
    Different every day

Awesome, thank you for the in-depth video. I did a few tests just for giggles just to see which browser I'll ultimate go with, and for now it'll be the Android AOSP 4.2 browser. Below are my BrowserMark benchmarks.

N10 Browser 4.2 | BrowserMark 2.0 2155
    N10 Dolphin Browser (Nov. 20th version) | BrowserMark 2.0 2135

Awesome video btw!

Thanks for this. Chrome really needs an update, like really bad. Will be downloading dolphin tonight.
    roberts68 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jugador View Post
    Thanks for this. Chrome really needs an update, like really bad. Will be downloading dolphin tonight.
    chrome 4 Android can be so much better than any browser out there. chrome for desktop was not good when it came out but now its so much better.
    its the best. i will give chrome one more chance. its fairly new but i think google has the resource to make it better.
    i would wait for the next update of chrome and i bet it would be 10 times better.

Global Posts
    2,380 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    chrome 4 Android can be so much better than any browser out there. chrome for desktop was not good when it came out but now its so much better.
    its the best..
    No, it is absolutely not the "best" in many ways, depending on what criteria you are using. Choice is good.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

ROM
    OEM Unlock + Root

Yes I would like to see the aosp browser in the mix

Faulty "test" Read the Anandtech performance reviews showing the iPad 4 and iPhone 5 slaying the Nexus devices. There is a price to be paid when you run apps and parts of the OS in a JVM and performance and hardware utilization is how you pay that price.

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by snookasnoo View Post
    There is a price to be paid when you run apps and parts of the OS in a JVM and performance and hardware utilization is how you pay that price.
    With this one sentence you've just proven that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The funniest part about it, is that 1 to 2 years ago when Android devices were the performance kings and iOS devices were at the bottom of the performance ladder, you probably blamed it on something else while claiming it didn't matter .

Brandon
    Brandon

Global Posts
    2,380 Global Posts

Faulty "test" Read the Anandtech performance reviews showing the iPad 4 and iPhone 5 slaying the Nexus devices. There is a price to be paid when you run apps and parts of the OS in a JVM and performance and hardware utilization is how you pay that price.
    You are an ignorant TROLL. GO AWAY.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Haha , oh dear, i cant believe they let you sign up to android central!