Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

Default 2560p video to show off your new N10 screen

If you go to TimeScapes: Timelapse Movie & Time-Lapse Forum you can download the trailer in 2560p format, perfect for the N10.

It plays beautifully in MX Player if you turn the H/W decoder on (H/W+ doesn't work). Up your brightness to full as it is quite a dark video. And turn up the sound too.

I should note that it plays more smoothly on my N10 than it does on my Intel Core i7 laptop through VLC Player!

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: 2560p video to show off your new N10 screen

Wow what quality this device offers, I'm definitely using this trailer to show off my nexus 10 thanks ToFo for the heads up.

Perfect, I've been using Ice Age but this is better! Thanks

Thanks for the link.

Another movie which is amazing in it's detail, sharpness and interest is Micro cosmos which is available on Netflix for streaming subscribers. It remains one of my demo movies,

Shelly

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ROM
    Different every day

Good find, I'm just impressed.. I knew this tablet had a great screen but this really shows it off. Not to mention I can't believe how well it's rendering 2560p content using the hardware decoder!

Also you can go install GMD Gesture Control to turn off your status bar/onscreen keys to gain a little more real-estate and less distraction!

Thanks! This was perfect for Part 3 of my Nexus 10 video review to really show off the resolution.

That video is actually 1440p. It's 2560x1440, "p" prefers to the vertical resolution, not horizontal. But yeah, an excellent demo of that screen resolution.
    Thanked by:
    CampCash likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravynmagi View Post
    That video is actually 1440p. It's 2560x1440, "p" prefers to the vertical resolution, not horizontal. But yeah, an excellent demo of that screen resolution.
    Quite right, thanks for correcting!

Anyone think there will be much other content coming at this resolution? I would assume most movies/tv will be 1080p maybe moving to 4k in the future.

I have never been a fan of the 'retina display' I see it bloating games and draining battery for minimal benefit.

Happy to be proven wrong might just be my eyes are too bad to get the real benefit!

Quote Originally Posted by rocko_tweet View Post
    Anyone think there will be much other content coming at this resolution? I would assume most movies/tv will be 1080p maybe moving to 4k in the future.
    Most movies today are 1080p, whatever there will be 4K content depends on TV market and still there no medium to carry 4K, that movie ("TimeScapes") takes 160GB in 4K which is 3 dual-layer blu-rays

I should note that it plays more smoothly on my N10 than it does on my Intel Core i7 laptop through VLC Player!
    You sure you got hardware acceleration turned on there?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Most movies today are 1080p, whatever there will be 4K content depends on TV market and still there no medium to carry 4K, that movie ("TimeScapes") takes 160GB in 4K which is 3 dual-layer blu-rays
    and I only got the 16gb N10, doh

How do you download it?I don't see a link

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Seems a little jerky in places. Haven't got my 10 yet but am hoping it's more fluid in real life especially as i'll be trying to show off the nexus 10.

Quote Originally Posted by tofo17 View Post
    I think there's something wrong with your laptop, my i3 desktop runs it just as well as my nexus10

Sorry I'm new to tablets, I downloaded it but do not know where the zip file has been saved, any help appreciated. Thanks

check in the downloads section of your browser

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by MidasRobotDOTcoDOTuk View Post
    Sorry I'm new to tablets, I downloaded it but do not know where the zip file has been saved, any help appreciated. Thanks
    Check the "Play Movies" app, and swipe over to your Personal Videos.

Also, open your app draw and click on "Downloads" app.
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by steven5watson View Post
    Seems a little jerky in places. Haven't got my 10 yet but am hoping it's more fluid in real life especially as i'll be trying to show off the nexus 10.
    Might be the time lapse effect making it look jerky. Its smooth on my N10 using mxplayer...

EDIT: Actually the "timescapes 4k" trailer plays just as smooth in the native video player. However rapture.mov video doesn't play in the native video player....both look great HDMI out to a 46" HDTV as you'd imagine....
    Last edited by CynicX; 12-06-2012 at 11:22 PM.

thanks!!! it is pefect!

i wish there was more content than just this one timescapes video. getting a little old already...
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

twitter.com/indianajonze

Please, how do you download it? I'm with roberts68 - I just can't find any download options. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by davrow View Post
    Please, how do you download it? I'm with roberts68 - I just can't find any download options. :-(
    TimeScapes Download Trailer
    Thanked by:
    davrow 

Thank you, VeeArSix. Downloading fine now.

Ok so i finally got my N10, timescapes plays flawless using the N10's built in player but won't play well on mx player. Is this because of 4.2.1? Thanks in advance.

Becuase like he said in the original post is that you have to turn on HW (hardware acceleration) in MX Player. It amazes me how many people have horrible reading comprehension skills in our dumb country
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast