Apple Magic Trackpad

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So I replaced my Transformer Prime with the Nexus 10 and on all accounts I love this thing more (NO MORE LAG!! SO SMOOTH! NO MORE CUPPING THE BACK SPEAKER!!!!)

However, to replace the keyboard dock, I decided to grab the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad. Both work perfectly on my Galaxy Nexus, and it's really cool to be able to just prop up my phone and take notes in class on it (albeit incredibly silly looking haha). Testing it with my phone, I actually liked doing that much better than using the Prime's keyboard dock - way fewer typos, and no accidental clicking all the time with my thumb.

On my n10, they don't seem to be working as well - they pair just fine, but all the trackpad can do is click in the middle of the screen. Can't move around, pinch to zoom, etc like I can on my phone and can be done on a Nexus 7.

Anyone have any insight? Think this is just a bug with 4.2 that google will fix? Hope so...

TL;DR? See bold part.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for checking! Maybe I'll try contacting Google somehow to ask. Figures, the guy i bought them from was going to sell me the mouse as well but it wasn't working haha.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Well the keyboard is the same benefit as using any other hardware keyboard... easier to type if I were going to try to take notes or write something long.

The trackpad I like better than a mouse because it's basically just a touchscreen controller - you can do any of the gestures you could do on a touchscreen (pinch-to-zoom, etc).

Together they make a replacement for the Transformer Keyboard Dock that I find to work better for me functionally. Just a little less portable.

samiam2714

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
After belsunce found a solution for the playpad in my thread I was thinking it may help you. I had to do a full system restore to get it to sync properly, but after that it syncs up fine. It should work perfectly when my emulator is installed.

Modna

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I just tested this with my tablet and I noticed when you pair it, the icon would lead me to believe that the N10 thinks the trackpad is a joystick, not a touchpad. I wonder if there is a way to tell the N10 what the device actually is.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Called Google. Guy I talked to didn't really seem to have any idea. Since it worked on 4.1 on the N7 and now doesn't work on my gf's N7 running 4.2, I'm going to assume it's just a bug with the newest version of Android.

evvdcaec

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that the Apple Trackpad does indeed not work on 4.2.1. I did the upgrade on my GNex and now I have lost the trackpad functionality. I can only click, and it will only select what is in the centre of the screen.

Gurba667

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I have ordered a MiniX Neo X7 and I'm looking for controls for it. Do you reckon the Apple keyboard and trackpad will work with this?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith