Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: hdmi mini no audio?

Quote Originally Posted by TrackFan View Post
    ETA: Spent a bunch more time going over the television's HDMI setup. It's set up properly but no audio on this television. Went through making sure the Audio HDMI selection is 'digital' (you can run audio through analog cables if you have that option from your sending device), made sure Viera link was off (it was already off) ,etc etc. Nothing. Hook it up to my Sony - no problem works every time.
    I dont know if this applies to your situation, I have/had a piece of equipment where the Digital input for audio refred to the fiberoptic audio input.

Also for those observing this problem Do you have your N10s plugged into the power supply or ar ethey running off the battery. I have only tested with battery power
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]

Quote Originally Posted by RonD View Post
    Another Panasonic user who can't get audio. I am using a 3 or 4 ft cable that I bought from Monoprice. I held the power button down and the speaker was muted, so I enable it. Still no joy. I tried plugging a head phone, but no workie on the TV, only from the headphones. I downloaded the Soundabout app, but it didn't help.

I suppose I could try the BlueRigger cable, but I'm inclined to believe it is a Panasonic problem. Has anyone gotten audio to work with the BlueRigger cable on a Panasonic TV?
    Found this: Amazon.com: Wrigleyville Dave's review of BlueRigger High Speed Micro HDMI to HDMI c...
    Thanked by:
    RonD 

I have a similar issue. The video is fine however the audio feed seems horribly slow and has a bit of an noise that plays over top of the audio. I tried several different cables on two different brand TVs and no luck. Tried different sources, different players and nothing changed. I used the same set up with my galaxy nexus and had zero issue.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Dam, I just ordered the BlueRigger cable. Guess I'll keep the order anyway, someone has to be the one to test it out and make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RonD View Post
    Dam, I just ordered the BlueRigger cable. Guess I'll keep the order anyway, someone has to be the one to test it out and make sure.
    Tried one this evening and it did nothing.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

There is handshaking that occurs when you connect the tablet and the TV. Apparently the handshaking is failing. Doing some google searching finds that Panasonic TV's also have problems with PS3's and some ASUS tablets. The thread I read on PS3's didn't have a resolution. I think the ASUS problems were fixed with software updates on the tablets.

I have submitted a question to Panasonic, should get an answer in 72 hours.

I have only tried the connection with Play Movies. Can someone recommend a different movie player that might work?

Yeah i have audio problems with panasonic aswell

Not just movie players. I've tried Netflix, TED talks, YouTube ... No audio on any of those with my Panny.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Well, my question to Panasonic was rejected because it didn't 'meet there guide lines'. There link to the site guidelines didn't work so I gave up that approach. I did an online chat which was equally as worthless. Panasonic doesn't have much support, no wonder they are having financial troubles.

Unhappy Re: hdmi mini no audio?

Another Panasonic user having the same issues. I tested my cable with my Motorola RAZR and it work fine. Video seems to works perfectly except the top and bottom of the screen are cut off a little. I have tried turning off and on the tablet and muting the sound, but it still does not work.

Hopefully either Panasonic or Google find an answer soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Wortham View Post
    Another Panasonic user having the same issues. I tested my cable with my Motorola RAZR and it work fine. Video seems to works perfectly except the top and bottom of the screen are cut off a little. I have tried turning off and on the tablet and muting the sound, but it still does not work.

Hopefully either Panasonic or Google find an answer soon.
    I just tried with my samsung tv and it worked fine.

No audio on Panasonic but works fine with vizio TV, seems to be a Panasonic issue. I also have an issue with audio when using a compatible Panasonic camera for Skype. The common thread seemed to be the Panasonic TV and not the camera. The camera and audio had previously worked. I believe the only change was a firmware update for the TV. Hopefully they will have an additional update that will resolve this audio handshake issue.

I have the gtmax 15ft cord and I have nothing coming from my toshiba tv but works on my sharp. not sure why but it works

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

I submitted a question on the Panasonic web site. My question was rejected with a link to site guidelines. Unfortunately the link didn't work. Then I did a web chat with someone who questioned what cable I was using and suggested that I reset my new TV which works with other devices. Totally frustrating experience. Today I got an email that said there was an answer to my question. I was excited and clicked on the link,. Sadly it only took me to some advertising spam from Panasonic, but had no answer to my question. There was a link to comment on Panasonic support, but it only allowed an limited number of charters, so really couldn't express my feelings completely. Based on my experience so far don't hope for much help from Panasonic.

In contrast I called Google Play help and although they had no answer they agreed to check further and follow up. Much better experience.

I thought everybody has a Samsung TV this days...no problem here
    Thanked by:
    spyderrc10gt2 likes this.

I have an OEM Motorola HDMI cable that worked with the XOOM and it worked with the N10. I've got a weird home set up too; I had to plug the cable into an HDMI switch which feeds into my receiver (which decodes the audio) which then feeds into my TV (all via HDMI). Bottom line: the Motorola OEM cable worked.

Edit: I've got an older rear projection Sony TV and a Sony receiver.

Some times even new hdmi cables become faulty.. so you should get it checked first on other device. If thats ok, then , there might be problem with the synchronization between your device. Or you may try different hdmi cable which supports your device.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyguy#AC View Post
    I thought everybody has a Samsung TV this days...no problem here
    LG, Sony and Samsung..only tv brands i'd buy. OP- try running your audio through a reciever

This really makes me mad

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Same deal for me. Works fine with a few year old LG LCD 42LG30. Video but no audio on my 2012 Panasonic 60ST30 60" plasma.

Just hooked up mine today. Works perfectly. Its hooked up to a multi hdmi switch which is then hooked up to my bose system which feeds both sound and vision to my plasma tv. Important I think is to power everything down including the nexus then hook up cables and power up after. Same reverse procedure to be used when you want to take the hdmi cable out of the Nexus as you may damage it. finally I used a Blue rigger 10 ft cable. This is one cool function with streaming from Portal TV and Dice player sweeeeeeeet

I was streaming from YouTube. No audio. So I disconnected cable from N10, played it in N10, then pause it, connect the cable, played.. It works...
    Same for full screening.

I've heard that a Samsung cable must be used to hear audio--I tried other brand cables and have the same problem

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 487hh View Post
    I've heard that a Samsung cable must be used to hear audio--I tried other brand cables and have the same problem
    Are you using a Panasonic TV or another brand? If you have good results with a Samsung cable post your results here.

I had the same problem and it was the rom I had installed the switch and everything ok
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast