Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: hdmi mini no audio?

I am trying to connect nexus 4 to my HP monitor with the slim port adapter for nexus 4 and a HDMI cable (dynex). The video works just fine but the audio is not working. Anyone experienced the same issue?

I had exactly the same problem connecting my Nexus 10 to my Panasonic TV. However, I can now tell you that you will need to connect the audio separately from the HDMI cable. Obviously have your micro HDMI lead connected to HDMI2 socket on the TV. Next, from within the TV menu, locate the HDMI2 channel within the sound menu & change sound from digital to analogue. Use a 3.5mm mini jack to 2xphono lead (choose your length) to connect the Nexus 10 headphone socket to the audio input on your TV. You should now be able to get audio playing with your film on the TV. I have used a good quality QED audio lead. Not cheap but works well ! Something to do with non compatability of the HDMI audio output with that of the Panasonic. Very annoying because like a lot of you, my Nexus 10 audio/visual works perfectly well with just the HDMI cable when plugged in to a much cheaper TV. However, I hope you find the above works well for you.
    Thanked by 2:

On a Droid Razr there are settings for HDMI under both 'Display' and 'Sound'.

Sound>Audio Routing> <select one> Phone Speaker / HDMI

This may be helpful for some folks. I never knew there were sound settings (and they can get out of sync) until my headset stopped working - it was set to 'HDMI'.

i have an Asus Transformer tf300t i just got a "rocketfish" micro to hdmi cord i plug in and great video, but no soundi really am not very good with electronics. Help! please

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

You shouLd ask in the tf300 forum. If it is a Panasonic TV it probably won't work, they seem to have 'issues' and Panasonic isn't interested in helping solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Andynube View Post
    I had exactly the same problem connecting my Nexus 10 to my Panasonic TV. However, I can now tell you that you will need to connect the audio separately from the HDMI cable. Obviously have your micro HDMI lead connected to HDMI2 socket on the TV. Next, from within the TV menu, locate the HDMI2 channel within the sound menu & change sound from digital to analogue. Use a 3.5mm mini jack to 2xphono lead (choose your length) to connect the Nexus 10 headphone socket to the audio input on your TV. You should now be able to get audio playing with your film on the TV. I have used a good quality QED audio lead. Not cheap but works well ! Something to do with non compatability of the HDMI audio output with that of the Panasonic. Very annoying because like a lot of you, my Nexus 10 audio/visual works perfectly well with just the HDMI cable when plugged in to a much cheaper TV. However, I hope you find the above works well for you.
    Thanks for the suggestion. This worked for me! I had the same problems (Nexus10 & Panasonic)

I'm bringing this thread back, 'cause I've the same problem: Nexus 10 and no sound with micro-HDMI on my 50" Panasonic 3D Plasma.
    ... so in the mean time, has anyone found a solution to this problem?
    Any idea if a fix is underway?

Nope. No fix to the HDMI sound issue on Panasonic TV's. You can do as noted above (connect a separate analog channel) but that is unacceptable to me. I, for one, will never buy another Panny.

Quote Originally Posted by TrackFan View Post
    Nope. No fix to the HDMI sound issue on Panasonic TV's. You can do as noted above (connect a separate analog channel) but that is unacceptable to me. I, for one, will never buy another Panny.
    I just tried the audio technique for Panisonic tvs and it worked perfect. But I think my cord sucks. Its hard to get the picture to stay on. Have to wiggle the cable a lot.

Just need the headphone jack to red/white male audio adapter and your set

Having spent far to many hours researching (and money on connectivity) I have now came to the conclusion that 'no audio via Nexus 10 HDMI' is not the fault of either the Nexus device or television but with Andriod KitKat.

It appears that no matter the device, as soon as it was upgraded to KitKat audio out was lost.

What I also discovered worryingly was that neither Google or Samsung were taking any responsibility for what I thought then was a faulty device.

Google were not interested as I did not purchase the N10 directly from them. More worryingly was the response from Samsung was that they no longer supported the Nexus range. No wonder they are in huge financial difficulties. I won't be in a hurry to buy another Samsung device no matter the rave reviews.

So my question is, how easy is it to restore my device to an earlier version of Android say Ice Cream?

The answer to everyones question is go buy a 3.5 mm headphone jack that has red\white audio TV plugs on the other end. The are 6$ anywhere.. Just plug them into headphone on tab and red/white in back of TV audio or receiver. Panasonic TVs (like mine) have lame HDMI ports. Enjoy.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Pikey1626; 05-15-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123