hdmi mini no audio?

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have an OEM Motorola HDMI cable that worked with the XOOM and it worked with the N10. I've got a weird home set up too; I had to plug the cable into an HDMI switch which feeds into my receiver (which decodes the audio) which then feeds into my TV (all via HDMI). Bottom line: the Motorola OEM cable worked.

Edit: I've got an older rear projection Sony TV and a Sony receiver.

kjhee43

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Same deal for me. Works fine with a few year old LG LCD 42LG30. Video but no audio on my 2012 Panasonic 60ST30 60" plasma.

Funduro

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Just hooked up mine today. Works perfectly. Its hooked up to a multi hdmi switch which is then hooked up to my bose system which feeds both sound and vision to my plasma tv. Important I think is to power everything down including the nexus then hook up cables and power up after. Same reverse procedure to be used when you want to take the hdmi cable out of the Nexus as you may damage it. finally I used a Blue rigger 10 ft cable. This is one cool function with streaming from Portal TV and Dice player sweeeeeeeet

kannan122

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I was streaming from YouTube. No audio. So I disconnected cable from N10, played it in N10, then pause it, connect the cable, played.. It works...
Same for full screening.

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I've heard that a Samsung cable must be used to hear audio--I tried other brand cables and have the same problem

Are you using a Panasonic TV or another brand? If you have good results with a Samsung cable post your results here.

ShriDroid

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to connect nexus 4 to my HP monitor with the slim port adapter for nexus 4 and a HDMI cable (dynex). The video works just fine but the audio is not working. Anyone experienced the same issue?

Andynube

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem connecting my Nexus 10 to my Panasonic TV. However, I can now tell you that you will need to connect the audio separately from the HDMI cable. Obviously have your micro HDMI lead connected to HDMI2 socket on the TV. Next, from within the TV menu, locate the HDMI2 channel within the sound menu & change sound from digital to analogue. Use a 3.5mm mini jack to 2xphono lead (choose your length) to connect the Nexus 10 headphone socket to the audio input on your TV. You should now be able to get audio playing with your film on the TV. I have used a good quality QED audio lead. Not cheap but works well ! Something to do with non compatability of the HDMI audio output with that of the Panasonic. Very annoying because like a lot of you, my Nexus 10 audio/visual works perfectly well with just the HDMI cable when plugged in to a much cheaper TV. However, I hope you find the above works well for you.

mike o123

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
On a Droid Razr there are settings for HDMI under both 'Display' and 'Sound'.

Sound>Audio Routing> <select one> Phone Speaker / HDMI

This may be helpful for some folks. I never knew there were sound settings (and they can get out of sync) until my headset stopped working - it was set to 'HDMI'.

bjokaren

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
i have an Asus Transformer tf300t i just got a "rocketfish" micro to hdmi cord i plug in and great video, but no soundi really am not very good with electronics. Help! please

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
You shouLd ask in the tf300 forum. If it is a Panasonic TV it probably won't work, they seem to have 'issues' and Panasonic isn't interested in helping solve the problem.

CMack1481

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem connecting my Nexus 10 to my Panasonic TV. However, I can now tell you that you will need to connect the audio separately from the HDMI cable. Obviously have your micro HDMI lead connected to HDMI2 socket on the TV. Next, from within the TV menu, locate the HDMI2 channel within the sound menu & change sound from digital to analogue. Use a 3.5mm mini jack to 2xphono lead (choose your length) to connect the Nexus 10 headphone socket to the audio input on your TV. You should now be able to get audio playing with your film on the TV. I have used a good quality QED audio lead. Not cheap but works well ! Something to do with non compatability of the HDMI audio output with that of the Panasonic. Very annoying because like a lot of you, my Nexus 10 audio/visual works perfectly well with just the HDMI cable when plugged in to a much cheaper TV. However, I hope you find the above works well for you.

Thanks for the suggestion. This worked for me! I had the same problems (Nexus10 & Panasonic)

13x025

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm bringing this thread back, 'cause I've the same problem: Nexus 10 and no sound with micro-HDMI on my 50" Panasonic 3D Plasma.
... so in the mean time, has anyone found a solution to this problem?
Any idea if a fix is underway?

TrackFan

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Nope. No fix to the HDMI sound issue on Panasonic TV's. You can do as noted above (connect a separate analog channel) but that is unacceptable to me. I, for one, will never buy another Panny.

xxalivebyhabitxx

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Nope. No fix to the HDMI sound issue on Panasonic TV's. You can do as noted above (connect a separate analog channel) but that is unacceptable to me. I, for one, will never buy another Panny.

I just tried the audio technique for Panisonic tvs and it worked perfect. But I think my cord sucks. Its hard to get the picture to stay on. Have to wiggle the cable a lot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae