I'm so glad I returned my iPad4 and got the Nexus 10

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, but why do you like it so much better? I'm debating between this and an iPad Mini.

Highest resolution of any tablet out there, including iPad4.
Double the ram.
300Mhz more in the processor (Not sure how much that matters.. But its aMore!)
Much better front facing camera.
Led flash/flashlight on back.

BTW does the N10 really have Bluetooth 3.0 and not 4.0 like the N7?

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
The nexus 10 has the new dual core a15 chip, in terms of cpu power it triples the score and more over the iPad 3, and gets between a 50%-75% better score than the iPad 4, it has a higher resolution screen, it has double the ram and a better camera!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Double the ram.

I know the specs are better on paper. I'm just wondering his experience. He says he returned the iPad 4 for an N10. What about the N10 overall experience makes it so much better than an iPad? I'm not just meaning Android vs iOS. I love both platforms. I know the difference there. But when it comes to the tablet experience, where does the N10 excel over the iPad?

Thanks!

slywalk

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
More interested in seeing what the iPad is better at... It'll be a short list.. :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

sumx4182

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, but why do you like it so much better? I'm debating between this and an iPad Mini.

Only a fool would buy an iPad mini. And this comes from a person who owns an iPad3. They put old internals in a 7in form factor with a crappier screen and are selling it for $125 more than a Nexus7. And Apple fanboys eat it up. Man, it must be nice to be Apple. You can just recycle your old crap, slap whatever price tag you want on it and still sell 10 million of them.

slywalk

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Garageband, Pages, Numbers, Keynote... There are simply no apps on Android with the amount of polish these apps have. If you're into music, Garageband is astounding. In fact, you'll find many third party apps to be more polished than their Android counterparts.

Built-in, full device backup and restore.

Airplay.

An Email Client that actually allows you to edit quoted text in replies and forwards, and allows changing the sending account on them.

At least those were the major ones for me.

Probably airplay is the only thing there that interests me I spose. Which is why I like android better, but i see why someone into music would have a different opinion.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad 4 and Nexus 10
It is a minor increase in resolution and ppi only for people who compare meaningless specs. There is no way you will see the difference. However you will see the difference in color quality and contrast. The iPad 4 is noticeably superior as Samsung does not calibrate their displays.
Double the ram is also meaningless. Android requires more application memory because apps and parts of the OS run in a JVM. The Nexus 10 still lags while the iPad 4 does not. In general Android is a less optimized OS which is why it requires more ram and lags.
it is not a much better front facing camera. The iPad 4 is 1.2 MP and 720P and the Nexus 10 is 1.9 MP. Not noticeable.
LED flash on back..OK.
Meanwhile the iPad 4 destroys the Nexus 10 in benchmarks, build quality, service and support, and of course tablet optimized apps in which there is simply no comparison with iOS.
AnandTech.com - Google Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 Performance Preview
Its an interesting thing to play with but not anywhere near ready for day to day use like an iPad 4 is.
But is $100 cheaper as Google sells them at cost in order to get people to finally buy an Android tablet.

Double the ram.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Sadly for Google the latest iPad is actually the iPad 4 which destroys the Nexus 10 in benchmarks.

The nexus 10 has the new dual core a15 chip, in terms of cpu power it triples the score and more over the iPad 3, and gets between a 50%-75% better score than the iPad 4, it has a higher resolution screen, it has double the ram and a better camera!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
It is a minor increase in resolution and ppi only for people who compare meaningless specs. There is no way you will see the difference.

'Sup troll?

Remember when the iPhone came out with the original "Retina Display" on a screen size that's like 1/5th the size of these tablets and all of you iOS trolls had wet dreams over it? Were you saying this then? Because back then (on such a small screen size) it actually made sense. Now, with larger screen sizes, it doesn't make sense...because you actually CAN see the difference.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to your hypocritical straw men ;-)

Cheers,

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site
It is a minor increase in resolution and ppi only for people who compare meaningless specs. There is no way you will see the difference. However you will see the difference in color quality and contrast. The iPad 4 is noticeably superior as Samsung does not calibrate their displays.
Double the ram is also meaningless. Android requires more application memory because apps and parts of the OS run in a JVM. The Nexus 10 still lags while the iPad 4 does not. In general Android is a less optimized OS which is why it requires more ram and lags.
it is not a much better front facing camera. The iPad 4 is 1.2 MP and 720P and the Nexus 10 is 1.9 MP. Not noticeable.
LED flash on back..OK.
Meanwhile the iPad 4 destroys the Nexus 10 in benchmarks, build quality, service and support, and of course tablet optimized apps in which there is simply no comparison with iOS.
Its an interesting thing to play with but not anywhere near ready for day to day use like an iPad 4 is.
But is $100 cheaper as Google sells them at cost in order to get people to finally buy an Android tablet.

The front facing camera is noticeable. Just like the front facing camera is better with the GS3 over the iPhone 5. It's not just higher on paper, it looks better. But I'm not surprised you would not want to acknowledge that.
Maybe later I will touch on the cons of the iPad 4 versus the Nexus 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fraydog

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
You really can't compare Geekbench scores from one to the other. There are fundamental architectural differences between iOS and Android that make direct comparisons impossible.

Bottom line, get what you like.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site

Idk why people say the iPad display if better, guess who makes the display in the iPad..... I'm glad you can share your wrong info troll.

MANdroidd

Banned
Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad and I have to say the Nexus 10 really is a superior DEVICE. iOS always had the best user experience but with the Nexus 10 there really is no difference in speed and lag

- - - Updated - - -

I have an iPad and I have to say the Nexus 10 really is a superior DEVICE. iOS always had the best user experience but with the Nexus 10 there really is no difference in speed and lag

- - - Updated - - -

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
LED flash on back..OK.

Odd that you "claim" to own a Nexus 10,,,, your always trolling and slamming Android products,,, I would be suspect that you have even seen or touched a Nexus 10,,,, but have fun trolling,,, I do enjoy reading your postings.

On to the subject of the thread now.

I have an iPad 2, iPad mini and a Nexus 10,,,, as to which is better, that's a hard call,,,, the iPads and the Nexus 10 both are great tabs,,,, if I could only have one I think I would pick the iPad.

The iPads are just a tad bit more to my liking than the the Nexus 10.

For the record I sold my iPhone 5 and am now rockin in the Galaxy Note 2.

Cheers
Davyo

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll tell you what, I've been through many tablets, Xoom, Xyboard, HTC Flyer, Nexus 7, iPad 3. The iPad was hands down the smoothest of what I've had. I really hate the onscreen button layout has gone to. Look how much screen real estate is taken up by the button bar and title bar on the Nexus 10, its insane.

There is also a functional issue with the Nexus 10, its wifi only. I don't know why Google is having such a tough time with multiple carriers, Samsung & Apple seem to be doing it just fine. I need a tablet that has LTE connectivity, therefore I'll be using a iPad 4 and my Android phone.

Another thing to think about is usage. A lot of what I do is not possible on a Android tablet, simply because developers are not investing time to create quality tablet apps. The apps I need are only available on iPad.

Last thing, I don't care what anyone says, Jelly Bean may be the smoothest Android OS, but it is NOT smoother than iOS, its just not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc