Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I'm so glad I returned my iPad4 and got the Nexus 10

That is all

ROM
    Mean ROM

Default Re: I'm so glad I returned my iPad4 and got the Nexus 10

Nice! My N10 hits my steps tomorrow and my iPad 3 will hit C/L!

Quote Originally Posted by matthams View Post
    That is all
    Just curious, but why do you like it so much better? I'm debating between this and an iPad Mini.

ROM
    CM 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    Just curious, but why do you like it so much better? I'm debating between this and an iPad Mini.
    Highest resolution of any tablet out there, including iPad4.
    Double the ram.
    300Mhz more in the processor (Not sure how much that matters.. But its aMore!)
    Much better front facing camera.
    Led flash/flashlight on back.

BTW does the N10 really have Bluetooth 3.0 and not 4.0 like the N7?

The nexus 10 has the new dual core a15 chip, in terms of cpu power it triples the score and more over the iPad 3, and gets between a 50%-75% better score than the iPad 4, it has a higher resolution screen, it has double the ram and a better camera!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by John-Smith View Post
    Double the ram.

I know the specs are better on paper. I'm just wondering his experience. He says he returned the iPad 4 for an N10. What about the N10 overall experience makes it so much better than an iPad? I'm not just meaning Android vs iOS. I love both platforms. I know the difference there. But when it comes to the tablet experience, where does the N10 excel over the iPad?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

More interested in seeing what the iPad is better at... It'll be a short list..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    gaxfax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    Only a fool would buy an iPad mini. And this comes from a person who owns an iPad3. They put old internals in a 7in form factor with a crappier screen and are selling it for $125 more than a Nexus7. And Apple fanboys eat it up. Man, it must be nice to be Apple. You can just recycle your old crap, slap whatever price tag you want on it and still sell 10 million of them.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera View Post
    Garageband, Pages, Numbers, Keynote... There are simply no apps on Android with the amount of polish these apps have. If you're into music, Garageband is astounding. In fact, you'll find many third party apps to be more polished than their Android counterparts.

Built-in, full device backup and restore.

Airplay.

An Email Client that actually allows you to edit quoted text in replies and forwards, and allows changing the sending account on them.

At least those were the major ones for me.
    Probably airplay is the only thing there that interests me I spose. Which is why I like android better, but i see why someone into music would have a different opinion.

I have an iPad 4 and Nexus 10
    It is a minor increase in resolution and ppi only for people who compare meaningless specs. There is no way you will see the difference. However you will see the difference in color quality and contrast. The iPad 4 is noticeably superior as Samsung does not calibrate their displays.
    Double the ram is also meaningless. Android requires more application memory because apps and parts of the OS run in a JVM. The Nexus 10 still lags while the iPad 4 does not. In general Android is a less optimized OS which is why it requires more ram and lags.
    it is not a much better front facing camera. The iPad 4 is 1.2 MP and 720P and the Nexus 10 is 1.9 MP. Not noticeable.
    LED flash on back..OK.
    Meanwhile the iPad 4 destroys the Nexus 10 in benchmarks, build quality, service and support, and of course tablet optimized apps in which there is simply no comparison with iOS.
    AnandTech.com - Google Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 Performance Preview
    Its an interesting thing to play with but not anywhere near ready for day to day use like an iPad 4 is.
    But is $100 cheaper as Google sells them at cost in order to get people to finally buy an Android tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by John-Smith View Post
    Double the ram.

Sadly for Google the latest iPad is actually the iPad 4 which destroys the Nexus 10 in benchmarks.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidS3 View Post
    The nexus 10 has the new dual core a15 chip, in terms of cpu power it triples the score and more over the iPad 3, and gets between a 50%-75% better score than the iPad 4, it has a higher resolution screen, it has double the ram and a better camera!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by snookasnoo View Post
    It is a minor increase in resolution and ppi only for people who compare meaningless specs. There is no way you will see the difference.
    'Sup troll?

Remember when the iPhone came out with the original "Retina Display" on a screen size that's like 1/5th the size of these tablets and all of you iOS trolls had wet dreams over it? Were you saying this then? Because back then (on such a small screen size) it actually made sense. Now, with larger screen sizes, it doesn't make sense...because you actually CAN see the difference.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to your hypocritical straw men ;-)

Cheers,
    Brandon
    vishaljanani likes this.

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Yeah, I'm not sure where SnooSnoo got his numbers from, but this guy shows the Nexus 10 blowing the iPad 4 (and every other tablet) out of the water:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

It is a minor increase in resolution and ppi only for people who compare meaningless specs. There is no way you will see the difference. However you will see the difference in color quality and contrast. The iPad 4 is noticeably superior as Samsung does not calibrate their displays.
    Double the ram is also meaningless. Android requires more application memory because apps and parts of the OS run in a JVM. The Nexus 10 still lags while the iPad 4 does not. In general Android is a less optimized OS which is why it requires more ram and lags.
    it is not a much better front facing camera. The iPad 4 is 1.2 MP and 720P and the Nexus 10 is 1.9 MP. Not noticeable.
    LED flash on back..OK.
    Meanwhile the iPad 4 destroys the Nexus 10 in benchmarks, build quality, service and support, and of course tablet optimized apps in which there is simply no comparison with iOS.
    Its an interesting thing to play with but not anywhere near ready for day to day use like an iPad 4 is.
    But is $100 cheaper as Google sells them at cost in order to get people to finally buy an Android tablet.
    The front facing camera is noticeable. Just like the front facing camera is better with the GS3 over the iPhone 5. It's not just higher on paper, it looks better. But I'm not surprised you would not want to acknowledge that.
    Maybe later I will touch on the cons of the iPad 4 versus the Nexus 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

You really can't compare Geekbench scores from one to the other. There are fundamental architectural differences between iOS and Android that make direct comparisons impossible.

Bottom line, get what you like.
    twilite2000 likes this.

ROM
    OEM Unlock + Root

Idk why people say the iPad display if better, guess who makes the display in the iPad..... I'm glad you can share your wrong info troll.

I have an iPad and I have to say the Nexus 10 really is a superior DEVICE. iOS always had the best user experience but with the Nexus 10 there really is no difference in speed and lag

- - - Updated - - -

I have an iPad and I have to say the Nexus 10 really is a superior DEVICE. iOS always had the best user experience but with the Nexus 10 there really is no difference in speed and lag

- - - Updated - - -

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

LED flash on back..OK.
    Odd that you "claim" to own a Nexus 10,,,, your always trolling and slamming Android products,,, I would be suspect that you have even seen or touched a Nexus 10,,,, but have fun trolling,,, I do enjoy reading your postings.

On to the subject of the thread now.

I have an iPad 2, iPad mini and a Nexus 10,,,, as to which is better, that's a hard call,,,, the iPads and the Nexus 10 both are great tabs,,,, if I could only have one I think I would pick the iPad.

The iPads are just a tad bit more to my liking than the the Nexus 10.

For the record I sold my iPhone 5 and am now rockin in the Galaxy Note 2.

Cheers
    Davyo
    twilite2000 likes this.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,409 Global Posts

The iPad 4 is noticeably superior
    The Troll is back!!! Go away, Troll!!
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

I'll tell you what, I've been through many tablets, Xoom, Xyboard, HTC Flyer, Nexus 7, iPad 3. The iPad was hands down the smoothest of what I've had. I really hate the onscreen button layout has gone to. Look how much screen real estate is taken up by the button bar and title bar on the Nexus 10, its insane.

There is also a functional issue with the Nexus 10, its wifi only. I don't know why Google is having such a tough time with multiple carriers, Samsung & Apple seem to be doing it just fine. I need a tablet that has LTE connectivity, therefore I'll be using a iPad 4 and my Android phone.

Another thing to think about is usage. A lot of what I do is not possible on a Android tablet, simply because developers are not investing time to create quality tablet apps. The apps I need are only available on iPad.

Last thing, I don't care what anyone says, Jelly Bean may be the smoothest Android OS, but it is NOT smoother than iOS, its just not.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    I'll tell you what, I've been through many tablets, Xoom, Xyboard, HTC Flyer, Nexus 7, iPad 3. The iPad was hands down the smoothest of what I've had. I really hate the onscreen button layout has gone to. Look how much screen real estate is taken up by the button bar and title bar on the Nexus 10, its insane.

There is also a functional issue with the Nexus 10, its wifi only. I don't know why Google is having such a tough time with multiple carriers, Samsung & Apple seem to be doing it just fine. I need a tablet that has LTE connectivity, therefore I'll be using a iPad 4 and my Android phone.

Another thing to think about is usage. A lot of what I do is not possible on a Android tablet, simply because developers are not investing time to create quality tablet apps. The apps I need are only available on iPad.

Last thing, I don't care what anyone says, Jelly Bean may be the smoothest Android OS, but it is NOT smoother than iOS, its just not.
    You may be right about about some the apps, But let's be honest. ..IOS is a complete joke, the lack of customizations, and the fact that it's the same OS has an IPod or iphones shows Apple lack of innovation. I've owned An ipad all my life and im bored and sick of no forward progress with their OS. The N10 is just the beginning, Once Google starts pushing out updates, The Ipads won't hold a candle to Googles tablet.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    The N10 is just the beginning, Once Google starts pushing out updates, The Ipads won't hold a candle to Googles tablet.
    I hope so. I really do....as long as they remember December...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    You may be right about about some the apps, But let's be honest. ..IOS is a complete joke, the lack of customizations, and the fact that it's the same OS has an IPod or iphones shows Apple lack of innovation. I've owned An ipad all my life and im bored and sick of no forward progress with their OS. The N10 is just the beginning, Once Google starts pushing out updates, The Ipads won't hold a candle to Googles tablet.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    This is exactly what I have been thinking for a while now! Everyone claims that because iOS has the same operating system and look on all devices that it is somehow superior when to me it just shows Apple's lack of innovation and overall ingenuity.

As for apps, the Nexus 10 is one of the first MAJOR 10" Android tablets so yes apps may not be particularly optimized yet but just give it some time! Do you really think that when the first iPad or even the second iPad was released there was a slew of tablet optimized applications? At least the N10 can scale some phone apps up to tablet size without just "zooming" and not to mention with Android's booming Play Store it shouldn't take nearly as long as it did on iOS to get fully optimized 10" tablet applications!
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    As for apps, the Nexus 10 is one of the first MAJOR 10" Android tablets
    I don't agree with that wording. The first "MAJOR" 10" tablet was the Xoom. It was essentially the first Android tablet, period (everything before it was a "craplet" running poor hardware and an Android not designed for tablets). And that came out almost 2 years ago. And the USA WiFi Xoom is essentially a Nexus- the first Nexus tablet, the first Honeycomb device, almost the first ICS device, the first non-phone updated directly by Google, the first non-phone Android device designed to Google's specs, and the only tablet to have been officially updated from the first Honeycomb version all the way to Jellybean and might even see more updates...

so yes apps may not be particularly optimized yet but just give it some time! Do you really think that when the first iPad or even the second iPad was released there was a slew of tablet optimized applications?
    And on this, I couldn't agree more. I think the Android tablet market has matured tremendously over the two years since the first Xoom- in hardware and manufacturer choices, OS updates, and application optimization. Note that Google Play now has over 700,000 apps in just their store, alone (which now SURPASSES APPLE). Even those not "optimized" for larger screens or resolution will still work fine and thousands are updated every month.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

I'm still glad I made the trade, but these random reboots are getting out of hand.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast