Google voice on the N10

KevRDB

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I installed the Google voice app. My GVoice account has been setup. I am having difficulties making a call using my gmail account. I have no problems sending texts. I am just wondering if it is a limitation on the N10 or just me not knowing how to use GVoice. Any one else having problems? I need assistance on this matter.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
its possible i'm not understanding you correctly, but if you're trying to make phone calls from within the google voice app on the n10 then it's not possible. well it is, but you need extra 3rd party sw (app name escapes me atm)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
just to explain you why its not possible to make calls via Gvoice in nexus 10 Its because GVoice let you make calls via default dialer in your phone.

since Nexus 10 dont have a dialer(its not a phone) it wont let you make calls. with groove ip the dialer comes to the tablet so gvoice app will let you make calls with it.

njb52

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Groove ip is a good app for making voice calls through Google voice.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
I'm thinking of trying GrooveIP so i can make calls using wifi network. I notice you have to set up a Google Voice account with a dedicated new Google phone number and forward it to one of your existing phone numbers when calls come in. My question is, has anyone experienced a lot of spam calls as a result (telemarketers, etc.)? Thanks for your help:)

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Google Voice and have a google number. It has become our primary phone using obi110n. I'm using Tango on my N10 and it works fine using the Google number. To use Tango (free), the other party must have Tango installed as well. I also text using Google voice on the N10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463