Nexus 10 (16Gb) completely bricked

bstern

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
- Steps to reproduce the problem.

I have seen a couple of other freeze ups from time to time, rather randomly, in various apps, not just Chrome.
In this case, I clicked the "All Apps" button in the lower right corner, and it froze.

- What happened.

The system froze, and then the screen went black. Now I am completely unable to restart the tablet. I does not matter how long I hold down the power button, either alone or combined with the volume up/down, it remains bricked. While connected to USB, it will show the battery charging icon in the middle of screen every 10 seconds (stays on for ~3 seconds) while I'm holding down the power button.

As of now the tablet is basically dead.

The tablet was running Android 4.2.

Any ideas?

:mad:

peaches1998

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
- Steps to reproduce the problem.

I have seen a couple of other freeze ups from time to time, rather randomly, in various apps, not just Chrome.
In this case, I clicked the "All Apps" button in the lower right corner, and it froze. HB

I can't find an All Apps button in the lower right corner as it's smack dab in the middle. And all the N10's are running 4.2.

Why not just return it to the Play Store as you could not have had it beyond the return period. They will gladly replace any defective tablet.

But you probably know this, right?

Shelly

:mad:

ceyers50

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
why is it always who has a one poster who complain about the tablet which went bad!!! itrolls. i dont know.

It isn't, I already posted that the same thing happened to mine. I'm waiting for Nexus 10 #2.

Bstern, call techical support. If what happened to mine happened to yours you will be sent another one. No fun... :(

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It isn't, I already posted that the same thing happened to mine. I'm waiting for Nexus 10 #2.

Bstern, call techical support. If what happened to mine happened to yours you will be sent another one. No fun... :(
how do we know you are not the same person as OP????

mstraw9379

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Really?

Why do you instantly assume someone who posts with a problem is a troll? Maybe they are genuinely in need of help and you jump them and are a complete jerk.

I believe my first post on this site was due to a problem I was having. I received helpful comments (the opposite of yours) right away.

If the person is a troll then they are a troll, that doesn't mean that a helpful comment might assist someone else.

jhgrc

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I am not a troll and I am experiencing the same thing.

Last night I was using the tablet, finished so and wanted to sleep I pressed power button at home screen. Immediately I tried to relight the display to have backlight on so I could see something to put tablet down. But it did not light the backlight. Now (day after) I've tried to start it many times and it won't start. Power button just do not light up the tablet. Also power + volume up + volume down does not do anything. Only thing what I can see is the charging icon when I connect charger via micro usb and press power button.

So tablet is bricked.. But it still works to some level as screen displays the charging battery icon.

Before somebody ask/suspects, it is a standard Google ROM tablet, not rooted or anything.

jhgrc

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
So tablet is bricked.. But it still works to some level as screen displays the charging battery icon.

Hmm, a success. I kept pressing "power on" button for minute (previously I did it only for 10-15 seconds) or so while kept it charging. I flashed many times the battery charging icon and also had a "bright" battery icon flash. Suddenly the tabled gave haptic feedback (vibrated) and it started! But the point was the keep constantly pressing the power button until tablet vibrates.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Agree. still1 is an asshat, and needs to go away. Or back to his seventh grade class.

I've seen him to be a very helpful member to many on this forum. You're not exactly being helpful either, instead you choose to join in on the flaming so you're no better than still1. Maybe you should practice what you preach.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
First your nexus isn't bricked! Come on you own a NEXUS! Learn to use your PC and reflash the OS. It is really simple. And if your seeing the battery icon your definitely not bricked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Agree. still1 is an asshat, and needs to go away. Or back to his seventh grade class.
Hmm, if you check my post history, most of them are helping people here. I would have helped at least 1000 people with their question.
the one thing i hate is to help trolls who pretend to have issues
and btw, i frekin dont care about what you say.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7