Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Default Re: what browser do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by adipabeta View Post
    Ics browser. But it drain my battery fast.
    I use opera mobile a lot, it's battery friendly. :-)
    Only open ics browser to do something that opera mobile can't do. :-P

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    How would you get the ICS browser on the Nexus 10? Seriously, just out of curiosity, is it possible to get the ICS browser on any 4.2 device (Nexus 4,7,10, etc.)?

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Firefox also can sync bookmarks and has been doing it longer than Chrome has existed.
    The problem is that many of us use Chrome's desktop version. I don't think Firefox can sync with Chrome.

Ocean browser does support flash. Its based on the aosp browser so its super smooth.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by return_0 View Post
    The problem is that many of us use Chrome's desktop version. I don't think Firefox can sync with Chrome.
    That's exactly right - I use Chrome on my desktop/laptop as well. So this kind of dictates my mobile browser choice BUT I still find Chrome to be quite satisfactory on my mobile devices anyway. Chrome has been rather pleasant on my Nexus 10 so far (and works great on my Razr Maxx HD).
    BEACH BUM

ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel611 View Post
    So Chrome runs like crap on the Nexus 10 as well? I've not been pleased with Chrome on my Transformer Prime, and now on my Transformer Infinity. It tends to lag and stutter more often then work smoothly. When I say lag and stutter, I mean you click the "X" on a tab to close it and Chrome takes 5 seconds to do it, etc. I thought it was an Asus related problem with the Transformer series. Guess not?
    I experience this on my Galaxy Tab with stock browser, very annoying. It is also very "laggy" when scrolling, and force closes a lot. I have Chrome on my phone and it works perfect and is very fast. I think I will try that on the tab. So by the looks of it, more than likely it is "Android" related.

depends. thunderbolt still doesnt have android 4.0+ but i am rooted. so if im running an ICS rom, i use chrome. if im running gingerbread then i usually use teh browser that comes with it, though i did just put firefox on. i have also used opera and that is pretty good.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,689 Global Posts

That is true. Of course, I use Firefox on the desktop and Chrome can't sync to that
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    MERCDROID and phoenix623 like this.

I've tried a few and am most content with Maxthon Browser.

Tbh since I bought tapatalk, I hardly need to use a browser

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil3, Stock/franco

for Chrome sync only Chrome, rest I do with 4.2 AOSP browser, now testing HoloWeb !

I only use Chrome, works fine.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,689 Global Posts

I will still primarily use Firefox, but today just as soon as the tablet was updated to 4.2.1, an update for Chrome popped up saying "This version update includes a number of stability fixes and performance improvements".

about:version 18.0.1025469
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by G3TCASHM0N3Y View Post
    Check out ocean browser. Its the best one I have found, and I have tried them ALL. Seriously, better than chrome, Firefox, boat, scope,dolphin.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Yes. I'm using Ocean Browser too. It's so clear without any advertisement.

Recently I found Ocean browser that it is very good. I have attracted by the smart crop and bookmark function.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick17 View Post
    That's exactly right - I use Chrome on my desktop/laptop as well. So this kind of dictates my mobile browser choice BUT I still find Chrome to be quite satisfactory on my mobile devices anyway. Chrome has been rather pleasant on my Nexus 10 so far (and works great on my Razr Maxx HD).
    +1
    I don't have any of the issues I'm hearing about in this thread on either of my devices. I also don't run custom roms or a ton of apps (and only 1 calendar widget). I like to run very slim, so there's not much else running on my device when I use Chrome.

I gave Chrome another shot after the recent updates and it still crashes like crazy. Has anyone given Opera a try? I really like Opera but when I installed it on my N10 it seems to think it's on a phone because the toolbars and settings menu's are extremely small. Anyone else have that problem or have a solution? My problem with browsers like Firefox is that bookmarks are not organized into folders.

I've been using boat. I can't seem to get flash to work on anything else. I'm sure if I put a little more effort...but oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been using boat. I can't seem to get flash to work on anything else. I'm sure if I put a little more effort...but oh well.

I've tried Ocean, Dolphin HD Jetpack, Opera and Chrome. And then I found Boat.

I love how intuitive and quick it is. Loading picture intensive sites like The Verge, Boat loaded faster than all of the other browsers.

The Speed Dial page is not limited to just 10 bookmarks like Dolphin, and Flash is always supported.

I have both Home (the Speed Dial page) and Bookmarks (all) icons set in the Utility bar at the bottom, and all the utilitarian add ons (including Full Screen) in the Add On tab by swiping left.

I had never heard of Boat until joining Nexus 10 forums but so happy I found it.

Shelly

Boat uploaded new version last night and now crashes within a minute of use. Rediscovered Firefox Beta and now using it as my default and it runs Flash like Boat did.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android 2.16

Read the forum subsection title maybe?
    People are allowed to own multiple devices sir.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    Samung Ics Indonesia

How would you get the ICS browser on the Nexus 10? Seriously, just out of curiosity, is it possible to get the ICS browser on any 4.2 device (Nexus 4,7,10, etc.)?
    Oh.. My bad.... Miss the forum subsection....
    Still waiting for official jelly bean from samsung.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    I Jiraiya. The Epitome of Manliness.

I've been trying Boat today and noticed that it made my tablet noticeably hot on the side where the power and volume buttons are. After going back to firefox the temperature went back down. I rather liked Boat up until that point. I was on tumblr, which uses a lot of javascript.

Quote Originally Posted by peaches1998 View Post
    I've tried Ocean, Dolphin HD Jetpack, Opera and Chrome. And then I found Boat.

I love how intuitive and quick it is. Loading picture intensive sites like The Verge, Boat loaded faster than all of the other browsers.

The Speed Dial page is not limited to just 10 bookmarks like Dolphin, and Flash is always supported.

I have both Home (the Speed Dial page) and Bookmarks (all) icons set in the Utility bar at the bottom, and all the utilitarian add ons (including Full Screen) in the Add On tab by swiping left.

I had never heard of Boat until joining Nexus 10 forums but so happy I found it.

Shelly

Boat uploaded new version last night and now crashes within a minute of use. Rediscovered Firefox Beta and now using it as my default and it runs Flash like Boat did.
    I usually use Boat on my Phone, I wonder how it looks and feels on a tablet. I just received my N10 today, I will have to try it.

I tried Ocean Browser and so far I am impressed, its fast and not resource heavy. You can easily edit the bookmarks, unlike Firefox, were you cant move them around in folders, which is kind of a bonkers omission IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by abtxpress View Post
    I use chrome only.
    what he said
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

twitter.com/indianajonze

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 &Cyanogen 7.2

I have been Chrome/ Dolphin user on my Galaxy Tab, but now that I can't use Flash on Dolphin, I don't see a reason for it. I am going to try out Boat and Ocean. See which 1 I like.
    My Toys
    Google Nexus 10 JB 4.3
    Galaxy S4 JB 4.2
    Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.3
    Moto Droid Cyanogen 7.2
    Wife's Stuff
    Galaxy Note II JB 4.2
    Galaxy S II ICS 4.0.3
    Galaxy Tab II 10.1 JB 4.1.2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast